“Nice Hotel”

Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center
Ranked #9 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We had reserved serveral rooms for business. The front desk staff were very professional and efficient. The room was very clean and comfortable. Would prefer down or feather pillows not so big as the ones we had but I didn't request any either. The skyway is great to get to crown center and be protected from the elements. It was a nice stay and would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

dlauf3- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. It is so great to hear our staff was professional and efficient and that you were able to get checked into your rooms without any stress. The Sheraton takes great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center and I am happy you were able to use the covered Link skywalk to stay dry and warm. I am so pleased your were able to relax in comfort in your room and enjoy your stay. We value your business and look forward to creating another memorable stay in the future. Check out the Club Lounge access for your next visit. This includes breakfast in the morning, appetizers in the afternoon, internet access in your room and an amazing view of Kansas City from the top floor of the Sheraton.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center

Reviewed February 4, 2013

This hotel was easy to get to from the airport as you are greeted with hospitality. Although it was freezing cold in January, this hotel allowed you the ability to shop and dine in the connected shopping center. The outdoor walkways made it easy to get to and fro different restaurants close by. Loved the view of the outdoor ice rink and Union station!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Norma O- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I am pleased to hear you had no troubles with getting to our hotel from the airport and that our staff made you feel warm and welcome upon your arrival! The Sheraton is very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center, surrounded by so many great shops and restaurants and I am happy you were able to use our Link Covered walkway to stay dry and warm. We value your business and look forward to having the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the future! Check out our club lounge access for your next stay which includes breakfast in the mornings, appetizers in the afternoon, internet access in your room and a beautiful view of Kansas City from the top floor of the Sheraton.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

What a great hotel! We were there with about 1000 other guests attending a business function in the city. The staff was excellent whether you were checking in, in the restaurants, lounges or checking out. The hotel is clean and conveniently located. The beds are just freaking awesome! I had such a great sleep here! Way to go Guys and Gals, keep up the great work!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

TooTheMaxx- Thank you for taking your time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff provided signature service from the time you checked in to the time you checked out. It is our goal to make you feel warm and welcome and I am happy to know our staff was able to succeed. We take great pride in the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds and it is great you enjoyed it and were able to relax in comfort! We sell all of our Sheraton bedding on our Sheraton Shop at Home site! We value you business and hope to have you back in the future! Thank you again for the warm feedback and cannot wait to provide another memorable stay for you.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I never expect much from Sheraton's, but this was a very nice hotel. My room was very modern and spacious and quiet. The hotel is quite large and is just finishing up a remodel. The bar is ok. It probably needs a remodel as well. It is connected to the skyway, so you can reach other downtown buildings without going outside. Depending on price, I would not hesitate to book a room here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

cjc04- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were happy with the new lobby and room renovations! We are very excited about the new improvements and so happy you liked them as well. The Sheraton takes great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center and I am delighted to hear you were able to take advantage of the covered Link walkway to visit the Crown Center shops and restaurants and Union Station. We value your business and look forward to having the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the future. Check out the Club Lounge access in the future. This includes breakfast in the morning, appetizers in the afternoon, internet in your room and an outstanding view of Kansas City from the top floor of the Sheraton.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stayed here one night while passing through. Very clean hotel and friendly and helpful staff. Additionally, the rooms were quite comfortable and we had a quiet night's sleep. Great location! .Our only disappointment was the apparent maze you had to go through to get to the pool - not a very convenient set up that way

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

MissMeeting- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating, making sure you felt warm and welcome. The Sheraton takes great pride in our Sweet Sleeper beds and I am pleased you were able to sleep in quite and comfort in your room. We value your business and thank you for chosing to stay at the Sheraton while you were passing through. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you as our guests in the future if you are ever in Kansas City again!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I reserved a room at the Sheraton KC Hotel at Crown Center because my Mom and I were leaving on Amtrak early the next morning. This hotel is perfect because it connects to Union Station and Crown Center. Since it was a cold December night when we arrived, we were able to eat dinner at Crown Center without going outside because we used the Link. We also did not have to worry about being late for the train since it was just minutes to Union Station. We enjoyed the room, the excellent view and the friendly staff. It was a relaxing start to a wonderful trip.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Craig C- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to take full advantage of the great location in Crown Center! The Sheraton is very fortunate to be located walking distance to Union Station, and so many of Kansas City's popular attractions and I am happy it was easy for you and your Mom to get to the Train Station. It is our goal as a Sheraton to make our guests feel warm and welcome and part of the family and I am pleased our staff was friendly and accommodating. We value your business and look forward to having you and your Mom back in the future!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

...and when they do, they bend over backwards to make it up to you (in my experience). My husband and I frequent the Sheraton Kansas City at Crown Center because of it's great location, friendly staff, and pleasant rooms. Our most recent stay was January 11-13th. We didn't know there was an event going on but the hotel was booked solid and bustling with people.

Valet: Always friendly every time we use them. There is an additional charge for it, but worth it if you don't want to try and find a spot in the garage on your own (FYI I've never self-parked so I'm not sure of the difficulty, if any, in finding a spot).

Building condition: The front entrance was just remodeled and the atmosphere walking into the hotel is updated and pleasing. When I was there last they were still doing the finishing touches, but I liked what I was seeing even though it wasn't completed yet. The room my husband and I were in was an accessible room (the only room left during a sold out weekend) which I have never stayed in before as I am not in need of this type of room. It was very clean and we had no problems at all. The automatic drapes were a nice touch. The pool looked clean and maintained from afar but I have never actually gone down to the pool area.

Location: You can take "The Link" (walking tunnel) to shopping at Crown Center which is always a great way to kill time or eat. Union Station is nearby and has a great breakfast cafe and restaurant for a medium/high-end dinner. Not too far from Westport and The Plaza. Essentially it's located at the Crossroads so it's a great spot for "First Fridays".

Room service: Minor blip on this trip. I think because of the event going on, something happened and a few of us didn't get the room service we were looking for from the card we left on the door. We called guest services that morning and they were very apologetic and compensated us with a free room service breakfast the next morning.

Checkout: This step is simple and you have a few options. You can check out by just leaving your key in the room, the front desk, or there was an option to check out on your room TV. I usually go to the desk, but this time we left the key in our room and had no difficulty.

In the end, even though we had a minor blip with the room service, the customer service and overall quality of my stay always wins me over. I am also an SPG member earning points while I stay is a plus. I have recommended this location multiple times to family and friends and will continue to stay here when convenient. The staff is wonderful If for some reason you arrive and something isn't to your standards (within reason of course)...If they don't know about it, they can't fix it or help you. I'm happy to say that I have never had a bad experience. (Keeping my fingers crossed!)

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views of the city lights at night
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Kimberly A- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you and your husband are loyal members of the Sheraton Crown Center and that our staff provides consistent signature service each and every time you are here. We are very excited about the new hotel renovations and I am happy to know you and your husband are pleased with the new front entrance and lobby! I apologize for the issues you enountered with room service and have shared your comments with our Restaurant Manager so we can work to avoid these issues in the future. I am happy our staff was able to compensate you and make things right. It means a lot to the Sheraton Family for you to recommend our property to family and friends! We appreciate you loyalty and look forward to serving you as our guest in the future.