“Outstanding Hotel”

Ranked #12 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
San Francisco, California
“Outstanding Hotel”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed at this property over a weekend and thought it was outstanding. From the moment the doorman greeted me to check in where I found the registration person to be extremely nice all the way through my stay this was a great stay.
The rooms are very quite, the public area of the hotel was modern. The hotel shows no signs of wear. You'd think you are staying at a new hotel!
My only wish is that I could have the same experience at all the hotels I stay at.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Liliana G- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. It is so great to hear your found our hotel outstanding and that our staff made you feel warm and welcome from the moment you arrived. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your room and were able to relax in comfort and quiet. We truely value your business and thank you for your loyalty to the Sheraton Crown Center. We look forward to serving you as our guest again, and hope to provide the warm, welcoming stay we provided you recently. Next time you return, check out the great packages we offer on our website for Sea Life, Lego Land, or any of the holiday offers we have going on.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Finnish first
Topeka, Kansas, United States
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I love staying at the Sheraton the staff is so attentive and the new lobby is beautiful. I come to Kansas City for work and pleasure and I always try to stay at the Sheraton. The beds are very comfortable and the view of the City is excellent. The walkway to Crown Center and Union Station makes it so easy to enjoy the shopping without driving. They have great places to gather with friends in the morning for breakfast or at Specators in the evening.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Clara G
Clara G- Thank you for taking your time to share your warm feedback on your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City at Crown Center. I am so happy to hear you love staying at our hotel and that our staff is accommodating to any of your needs. The Sheraton is very excited about the new lobby and front drive renovations! It so great to hear you like the new renovations and were able to relax in comfort in our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds. We take great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center, so close to many popular Kansas City attractions and I am pleased to hear you were able to use the Link covered walkway to your convenience to visit the shops and restaurants in Crown Center as well as Union Station. Thank you again for sharing your wonderful comments on your stay at the Sheraton, it means so much to us. We look forward to having you back in the future and creating another warm and memorable stay.
Atchison, Kansas
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Very nice stay, only stayed one night. I have stayed there before a couple of times and have never had any problems. The staff are so friendly and welcoming. The bar was great. We went to dinner in KC then came back for some drinks and the service was perfect. Breakfast was very nice as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks downtown KC.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
annekansas33- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. It is so great to hear our staff has always provided signature service and makes your feel welcome during all of your stays with us. I am happy to hear our staff in Spectator's took great care of you and that you were able to socialize and enjoy a drink before heading to bed. We are very fortunate to have you as one of our loyal guests, and we want to thank you for that. We truly value your business and look forward to creating many more memorable stays for you in the future.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The hotel has some great amenities - an updated look and feel - and great, friendly service. However, some aspects made it feel less than a stellar Sheraton experience. First, the "Green Choice" initiative. If Sheraton hears anything else from this review it's this: don't be cheap, it shows. Upon check in, when asked if I wanted to participate and get extra SPG points, I was like "sure". Especially being from California. What I learned once I got to my room and read up about it was this: it's not about sparing the environment by not overwashing towels and sheets, it's about saving change by have NO housekeeping come to my room during my 3 night stay. That's no new shampoo, no making my bed, no new coffee or cleaning the machine - nada. Please, don't ask me to help you save costs by getting less service and call it an "environmental effort".

Lastly, my room was a nice one - on a top floor as I requested. Comfortable and lovely. Except for the running noise every 15 minutes from early morning to late evening - some sort of traffic lane - above my room. I can't tell if it's a wheeled cart on a hard floor, or some sort of conveyer (I wan't near an elevator), but something semi-regular and quite noticeable activity was going on above me the entire time I was here.

Room Tip: I don't know the source of pervasiveness of the noise at my room, but avoid 3514.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Stepgould- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed the amenites we offer during your stay and were able to relax in comfort in your room. I apologize for the issues you encountered in your room with the noise. I understand how frustrating it can be. We truly value you business and hope we have the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the future. If you have not had the opportunity to check out the new Club Lounge, look into this upgrade for the future. You can receive breakfast in the morning, appetizers in the evening, internet access in your room and a great view at the very top of the hotel of Kansas City. Thank you again for sharing your comments.
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We recently stayed at the Sheraton Crown Center and was very impressed with how they renovated the Hotel since it was a Hyatt property. It is a vast improvement over an already high end venue for this city. I will definately return to this hotel when in the central KC area again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Kevin B- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. It is great to hear you were happy with the new renovations of the lobby and front drive and that you plan to return again in the future. The Sheraton is very excited about all of the new improvements and look forward to having the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the future. If you have not done so already, check out the new club lounge access, where Skies used be. You can receive breakfast in the morning, appetizers in the afternoon and enjoy the fabulous view of downtown Kansas City.
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Sheraton bought this property from Hyatt last year and I stayed there during the renovations. At the time, the experience was very disappointing. A year later I was very pleasantly surprised. The renovations are complete and they did a great job.

The hotel looked spotless to me and the staff was all very warm, friendly and helpful.

The rooms now have a coffee maker, refrigerator and in-room safe. The TV channel selection is good. There is a charge for wireless but the signal is strong and consistent. I loved the bed linens and the pillows are huge.

Everything you would want for a comfortable business trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Andrea074- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your warm feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City at Crown Center. We are so excited to be complete with our Lobby and front drive renovations. It is so great to hear you are pleased with the new improvements and that you were able to relax in comfort with the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the new amenities we offer in the room and that our staff was friendly and accommodating, making you feel warm and welcome. We truly value your business and are so happy you enjoyed yoru stay. Thank you for your loyalty to the Sheraton Crown Center, we look forward to serving you as our guest in the future.
Plattsmouth, Nebraska
Reviewed December 6, 2012

It was ou first time at the Sheraton and we visited for a pre Christmas trip with our daughter and her boyfriend. All the staff was very friendly, helpful and personable. The beds and pillows were awesome. Would stay here again and hopefully very soon!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Debbie S- Thank you for taking your time to share your positive feedback on your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear your family chose the Sheraton to spend your weekend! The Sheraton strives to provide signature service to our guests and I am so happy to hear they were friendly, accommodating and made you feel welcome. The Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed is a favored amenity by many guests and it is great you were able to relax and unwind in its comfort. We truly value your business and are very excited to have you all back again to create another welcoming and memorable stay. The Sheraton offers great package deals throughout the year, especially over the holidays. Check out these packages on our website for your next stay.