“More than expected”

Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center
Ranked #9 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My wife and I arrived at different times with business in K.C. Staff easily accomodated and even upgraded our room because we were there for a weekend stay. It was not just desk staff, but staff throughout the hotel who made this stay more than expected. Food in the restaurant was delicious, and the environment helped us relax; just what we needed. We had a spectacular city view!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

DonM532- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your warm, positive feedback on your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I am so pleased to hear that the Sheraton staff took exceptional care of you and your wife. We take great pride in our customer service and believe in making our guests feel at home and create a memorable stay. I hope you enjoyed your city view and I am so glad you enjoyed your meal at our restaurant. Knowing we were able to create a relaxing stay for you and your wife is exactly what the Sheraton strives for. We value your business and look forward to having you back in the future. Check out our great packages for SeaLife and LegoLand for your next stay.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center

Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Sheraton Hotel (formerly the Hyatt) is a great place to stay if you need to be in or near Crown Center, downtown (half-mile), or Country Club Plaza/UMKC (three miles). The hotel is an easy walk from the food and shops in the Crown Center mall.

It is very easy to work, relax, or sleep in the guest room, which is large and features a comfortable bed, bright flat panel TV, desk and chairs, and a fridge.

Weekend brunch at the Terrace is outstanding, especially if you love fresh fruit.

Service at the sports bar is unbelievably poor, unless you sit at the bar.

Self-parking in the attached garage is easy and cheap, at $15 per day with unlimited in/out privileges. If you're there over the weekend, are looking for a deal, and don't mind a longer walk, there is free weekend parking at the mall from Friday night through early Monday morning.

Room Tip: On the weekend, when there is apt to be a lot of visitors, ask for a room on floor 29 or higher, so...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

runningboy68- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. We take great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center and it is so great to hear you found the location convenient and were able to take advantage of our link to the shops and restaurants. One of our favored amenities by our guests is the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed. It is so great to hear you found it comfortable and enjoyed all of the amenities in your room. I apologize for the issues you encountered in our sports bar. I have shared your comments with the appropriate teams so we can work to avoid these issues in the future. We value you business and look forward to having you back to the Sheraton Kansas City to create another memorable, warm stay. Check out our upgrade to the Club Lounge which includes breakfast in the morning, appetizers in the evenings, internet in your room and a beautiful view of Kansas City. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

The bar closes at 11:00pm despite a sold out hotel and packed bar. The poor bartender had to leave the bar and walk across the entire Hotel to get our food. The place was packed due to convention and still they closed at 11:00pm We were forced to walk down the road to meet with our clients. Ridiculous way to run a bar.

Room Tip: higher the better the city view is awesome, beds very confortable. I choose NOT to have room servic...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Matt M- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I apologize for the issues you encountered in our restaurant during your stay. I completely understand your frustrations and I have shared your comments with the appropriate teams so we can work to avoid these issues in the future. It is great to hear you found the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed comfortable as well as enjoyed your city view. We truely value your business and look forward to having you as a guest at the Sheraton in the future.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

As an architect I've been curious about the site for the '81 disaster and how they overcame it, never having been to Kansas City. Of course they reconfigured the bridges across the lobby some thirty years ago and I doubt most guests ever connect the modern Sheraton with that event. This building is a significant work of architecture, with public spaces being renovated under the new ownership when I visited in June. I enjoyed my stay, -- two nights in June for sightseeing, getting an excellent Priceline bid (about $90 plus tax per night).

The entry drop off and lobby were closed/under major renovation. The overall construction quality of the hotel is very high and worthy of sprucing up to extend it's life. I'm curious to return and see it finished. At the time it made circulation quite circuitous and long.

The guestroom was very well done (see my pictures) and the front desk was kind enough to give me a corner room with a decent view. All the details in the room were covered.

Enjoyed one meal at the bar; just fine. Tried the rooftop pool which is small in size and a long way from guest rooms. Restaurant atop the building was closed down. Used self park in the attached garage,some distance away from the elevators to the rooms. Keep in mind this is a giant place.

Hotel connects to the shops and restaurants of Crown Center. I explored it, but did not find much of interest. Many shops looked to be hanging in there.

Best attributes: central location, high calibre guest rooms with high rise views.

Room Tip: Corner room higher in the tower for decent city view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank GrantGustafson
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

GrantGustafson- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your comments on your stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I appreciate you choosing to stay at the Sheraton for your first visit to Kansas City! I hope you enjoyed our city. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your corner room and view. Our renovations have been complete since you stayed here last. Everything is looking great! We look forward to having you back and letting us know what you think of our new improvements. When you come back, check out our newly opened Club Lounge. By upgrading to club lounge access you can get breakfast in the morning, appetizers in the evening and internet in your room, as well as enjoy an amazing view of Kansas City from the very top! Thank you again for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I was in Kansas City for business. The staff was amazing. Everyone had a smile, was pleasant, and took the time to assure I knew how to get around the complex. Everyone took the extra step. The location is close to a wide variety of businesses. The room I had was a nice size with a very comfortable bed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

LuvDZnee- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your postive feedback on your stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. We take great pride in our associates and train them to provide a genuine and welcoming generosity of spirit. We care for our guests needs and strive to create a warm and memorable stay. It is so great hear they took care of you and made you feel welcome. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center and I am so glad it was convenient for you. One of our favored amenities by our guests is the Sweet Sleeper Bed. I am pleased to hear you found it warm and comfortable. The Sheraton looks forward to having you back in the near future. Check out our Club Lounge upgrade in the future which offers breakfast in the morning, appetizers in the evening and internet in your room. Thank you again for sharing your experience at the Sheraton.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Spent two nights at the property in early October 2012. I rented 3 rooms under my name for our group. Very friendly and efficient check-in. Rooms were clean, and recently updated. Valet parking staff was very busy on Saturday evening with a large wedding at the hotel. Very fast and courteous service by bell and valet staff, even when they were swamped at the entry.

Used shuttle service to the Power and Light district, and again, great service. Had a drink in the hotel lounge, it was my wife's birthday, and the manager bought her a glass of wine. The location is good, and I had stayed at this hotel when it was a Hyatt, and nothing stood out as exemplary. The quality of the staff as a Sheraton is what made our stay outstanding.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

TCRUMMY- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. We take great pride in our staff and believe strongly in connecting with our guests and providing signature service. I am so pleased to hear you had a positive experience at check in as well as with our valet staff. The Sheraton is very excited about our newly renovated rooms and it is so great to hear you enjoyed it. I am so pleased the Sheraton staff made you feel warm and welcome and hopefully created a memorable stay for you and your wife. We look forward to having you back to the Sheraton in the future. Check out our Club Lounge upgrade which includes breafast in the morning, appetizers in the evening and interent in your room.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

My mom met me in KC for a mother/daughter weekend, and we decided to stay here. Neither of us had ever been to Kansas City before, and we couldn't have been happier with our hotel choice. When I called to make a reservation, the representative eagerly offered me several promotional discounts. Every staff member we encountered both in the hotel and throughout Crown Center was absolutely delightful and offered great suggestions for things to do around KC. Location-wise, it's a $6 cab ride anywhere downtown, and a straight shot to the Plaza. The hotel rooms were obviously renovated recently (bright, spacious, comfy), and the brand new lobby is beautiful.

If you have kids, definitely stay here! You can walk to Union Station, LegoLand, the Aquarium, lots of shops and restaurants...all accessible by indoor sidewalks! No fumbling with jackets and gloves and umbrellas during bad weather. Kids would easily be entertained in Crown Center and the Sheraton for a full weekend.

Two honest disappointments: The pool is ugly and outdoors. The internet is a daily charge. I've stayed in some pretty cheap, middle of nowhere hotels on trips across the country, and even the worst of those have free wireless.

Room Tip: Both sides of the hotel have great views.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

KrisB465- Thank you very much for taking your time to share you positive feedback on your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. The Sheraton believes it is important for our staff to be genuine and welcoming, conveying a genorosity of spirit and it is so great to hear our staff took exceptional care of you and your mother. The Sheraton takes great pride being located in the heart of Crown Center. Hearing that you and your mom were able to take advantage of our Link to the Crown Center shops and restaurants is great! I hope you enjoyed downtown Kansas City as well as our new SeaLife and LegoLand. I am pleased you found the Sheraton hotel rooms bright and spacious and enjoyed our Sweet Sleeper Bed. We are very proud of our new lobby and I am glad you enjoyed it and found it beautiful. We truly appreciate your business and hope the Sheraton family was able to create a memorable experience for you and your mother. We look forward to having you back to Kansas City soon! Thank you for choosing Sheraton.