“Great Stay, Excellent Service”

Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center
Ranked #11 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Great Stay, Excellent Service”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My stay at the Sheraton was excellent; I would highly recommend it for anyone staying in the Kansas City area. I was thoroughly impressed with the outstanding care I received from all of the staff members, but I really took notice to Ryan working in the lounge. I was in there on an already busy morning with my chaotic family full of young children. Although it was nuts up there, Ryan kept his cool and tended to everyone’s needs with much enthusiasm and kindness. The food was freshly stocked, there were plenty of clean dishes, and, overall, there was great service in the lounge. I just hope his hard work does not go unnoticed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kathy M
Jesse A, Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Kathy M- Thank you so much for your kind praises to the Sheraton Kansas City in Crown Center. It always is a pleasure when a guest has such positive things to say about one of our employees. I have passed with comment on to Ryan's manager so he will be getting much praise. We hope you come back and see us again in the near future. Again, we appreciate your positive feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
  • Finnish first
papillion
Reviewed September 2, 2012

the Sheraton corporation bought/took over this property some time ago. They have not done anything positive. Gone, and not looking to return any time soon, is the driveway to the front door--under construction with no signs of progress for several months. Gone also are the atrium fountain and piano, to be replaced by space as vacant and sterile as the imagination of the long sleeved white shirts in the coporate offices. It's also under construction, with no signs of progress--which is okay because it's obviously not going anywhere. The Terrace restaurant is gone, as is the rooftop restaurant. We were told that all of the hotel restaurants were closed at the demand of Crown Center, which owns all the nearby property, to make it "more kid friendly". More to make people HAVE to eat in the Crown Center restaurants. Beds are not the expected "Sheraton" pillow top style. Rooms have changed little, but one big plus is now there is in-room coffee which Hyatt never offered. Still great location for the Irish fest attendees

Room Tip: doesn't make any difference, they're all the same
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cory C, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you for leaving your feedback for us and I sincerely apologize you did not enjoy your visit. We transitioned the Hyatt into the Sheraton on December 1st of last year. Since then we have made several improvements to the property itself as well as the construction that is currently taking place. As you mentioned we did add enough eletrical supply to support the addition of coffee makers in the guest rooms as well as new LCD flat-screen televisions. The lobby and front drive renovations have been taking place since the end of May and are scheduled to be complete by the end of September. These plans include a fountain as well as new lobby furniture. We also added a 2,000 squre feet exercise facility to the property. The Terrace restaurant is still open and will remain open, it is just in a temporary location until the lobby is completed. We also renovated the space the was once Skies restaurant and recently opened it up as the Sheraton Club lounge. We are confident the new changes will all be positive and give the property an updated feel that everyone can enjoy. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the location itself in regards to the Irish Festival. I hope you come back and see the improvements the next time you are in Kansas City.
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed here recently for 3 nights for a work meeting. The meeting rooms were comfortable and the bed was awesome! Construction was a little confusing, but not too bad once we figured it out. Good place to stay if you have business in the area.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ARSteph
Thank you for your review. Construction should be finishing up in the next few weeks. We hope to see you on your next visit to Kansas City.
Topeka, Kansas, United States
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on a few occasions and I am always impressed. The staff truly shows a caring attitude and is always willing to go the extra mile. I requested a room with a view of downtown and was that request was met. This hotel is right next to the Crown Center shops and Legoland/Aquarium. The roof top pool is very nice.

Room Tip: The rooms on the north have a great view of the city.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review. We look forward to seeing you next time.
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We booked this hotel for my 50thdaughter birthday because of the Skye's and was told when checking in that it was another $30 access fee. Also was told there was a little construction going on but when we got there the whole lobby was under construction.
If iou are going to stay down town, stay at the Weston 5star all the way.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank lexiarens
Cory C, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us and you did not get to enjoy Skies Restaurant when you were here. When the hotel changed from the Hyatt to the Sheraton on December 1st, Skies Restaurant was closed. We recently re-opened the space after extensive renovations as the Sheraton Club lounge. There is a fee of $30 per night to have access but does include internet access, continental breakfast in the mornings, and hors d'ouevres in the evenings during certain hours. The lobby renovations will be completed by the end of September and we hope you come back to see the changes when they are finished. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again.
Joplin, Missouri
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I spent one night here with my 6 year old son and a friend of mine and her son. We got the package deal that included Legoland tickets, Sea Life tickets, $20 voucher for Crown Center and free parking. For the price we paid, I thought we got an excellent value! The hotel was very nice. The remodel wasn't too much of an inconvenience. We enjoyed being able to walk to everything. My only complaint would be that the pool was way too small. I felt like we were crammed in there like the scene at the beginning of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid Dog Days movie!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for leaving your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and the activities at Crown Center. We hope to see you again the next time you visit.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for only one night for a business meeting, booked by my client. As my car pulled up it was evident the hotel was under construction and we had to go in a side entrance. I wanted some help with my bags, but a bellman was busy helping some other guests get their bags in. So i lugged them to the door and waited since i saw him start to come that way.

But instead of opening the door for me, and without even acknowledging me, he barraged in front of me with the luggage cart, then unable to hold the door. The woman behind me grabbed the door for me instead, and we both rolled our eyes at what a dimwit this guy was.

A robotic guy checked me in without so much as a mention about the construction and whether to be concerned or not. I had to ask about everything, including where to eat. The only restaurant still open was their sports bar. He gave me my key and he also didn't ask if I wanted some help with my bags. Does a girl have to beg for help around here? I only had two, but I shouldn't have to ask.

Room was fine... Standard Sheraton and I must say the bed and pillows were awesome. The plastic cups in the room are silly though... Pretty tacky.

Food at their sports bar was surprisingly good and our waitress Tamara was wonderful.

If this hotel could get its front desk and bell desk staff in line, it has a shot at being a good hotel. But I wouldn't count on it anytime soon.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank sologirltraveler
Cory C, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for you feedback regarding your stay with us. I apologize we did not meet your expectations. We will use your feedback as a training tool as we work to continuously improve our services, especially with our staff that is in direct contact with our guests such as our front desk and guest services teams. We hope you give us another try when you come back to Kansas City.