“Poor Value for the Money”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport
Ranked #19 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ballwin
“Poor Value for the Money”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

For $179 per night, it was definitely not worth it. I can get free wi-fi at 90% of the hotels I stay at -- not here, despite being a HHonors member. I tried to print out a boarding pass before going to the airport but their computers were so slow and limited, I ran out of time trying to get them to work. The menu was also limited for someone trying to eat healthy. Given the other options available in the same area by the airport in KC, I will stay elsewhere from now on.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

HomewoodKCI, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for the review of your recent stay. I respect your candor and apologize that we were unable to meet your needs satisfactorily. We frequently hear from our guests that the charge for Internet is a negative. We will continue to communicate these guest preferences to the decision making leadership of the hotel Brand, In addition, I understand from your comments, that the printers in the Business Center were slow and you wold prefer more healthy choices on the menu. I will take your comments to our management team for discussion and action. We strive for personalized experience for each of our guests, actively looking for ways keep costs low and still offer enhanced services for comfort and convenience. I appreciate your review as it provides valuable feedback that I need to re-evaluate guest needs and make the necessary adjustments to our offerings. We look forward to seeing you again at an Embassy Suites Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We did a quick overnight in KC for a visit to Snow Creek Ski area. We arrived around 11:30. Check in was pleasant and quick. The standard two double bed suite was clean with modern finishes.

We used both beds and the sofa bed. Everyone slept well, though the mattress was a bit on the firm side for me.

In the morning we enjoyed the free hot breakfast which was served efficiently and with a smile.

This was a great place to land for a quick overnight with kids.

• Stayed January 2014
Davenport, Iowa, United States
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Very nice suite with a wonderful view. Looked like they had just recarpeted this room. Everything in perfect working order. Housekeeping is immaculate both in the rooms and common areas.

Food is Spectacular. Ordered a pizza, and it was the best Pizza I've ever eaten (Pepperoni and double cheese) Cheescake was wonderful too.

Then they do something else nice that I have not seen at other Embassy's. They put a limited free breakfast out at 4 am for those headed for the airport at 5. Then their full free breakfast starts at 6. They also offer a "ta go" sack breakfast upon request. This came in very handy.

You can't go wrong staying at this Embassy. They go the extra mile in every department.
\

Maryland Heights, Missouri
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Embassy Suites. I was in town for my graduation from Seminary and found the hotel and it staff to be very good. The lobby is beautiful and my son had a blast running to watch all of the fountains. The breakfast was included and was delicious. The evening snack offerings were a bit sparse. The room was more than adequate for our needs and spacious. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Germany
Reviewed January 29, 2014

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Embassy Suites Kansas City-International Airport for one night. We were on our way home from Spain and Portugal courtesy of a military Space A flight that dropped us at Whiteman Air Force Base near Warrensburg, Missouri. We needed to catch a flight home and the closest airport was in Kansas City. I chose the Embassy Suites there because my husband had stayed there several times on business and was always happy with the accommodations.

We arrived at the hotel at about 1:00pm, extremely exhausted and weary from the bone chilling cold. Though check-in starts at 3:00pm, the manager was happy to let us have our room two hours early. The room was very spacious, with the typical sitting room and bedroom that come with Embassy Suites' hotels. It had a handy refrigerator and microwave, as well as a very nice shower with excellent water pressure. I watched a little TV in the sitting room while my husband slept. Within an hour, I joined him and we both slept soundly until the evening.

The bed was probably my favorite part about staying at this hotel. It was very comfortable with plenty of pillows. We slept through the manager's reception, but that was definitely okay because we really needed to catch up on all the sleep we missed on our journey back to the States.

This property does chart for Internet, except for Hilton Honors members who have gold status or above. Fortunately, I brought along a portable hotspot.

We checked out early the next morning, very refreshed. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, United States
Reviewed January 29, 2014

While the hotel is conveniently located to the airport and the highway, my experience was tainted by other guests - namely kids who were allowed to run, scream and annoy other guests. While this was a weekend, some of us were there for business and needed to sleep. This is hard to do with kids running the halls and banging in doors at midnight. The same brats came down to breakfast in Pjs and bare feet and proceeded to barge into those of us walking with plates of food and full cups of coffee. Parents were non-existent and hotel staff did not step in to correct the situation. While this chain is great during the week, don't expect a peaceful stay on weekends. Be prepared to wrestle with the hotel internet and pay for the experience of being connected when you finally get access.

St. Louis, United States
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Silly me, I thought every hotel provided free internet access to it's guests. Embassy Suites KCI charges $10/day, unless you are a Hilton Honors gold or platinum member. Otherwise the hotel was fine. Convenient to the Airport, but a bit far from downtown.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family