Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sterling Heights, MI, United States
“My Favorite Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

The accommodations here are excellent. Hotel is always clean and well maintained, service is great, and staff is friendly and responsive. I know that I can check in here and not have to worry if the room is clean, if the wi-fi works, or if I'll have everything I need, as the staff here consistently delivers quality service again and again. I am in the area often, and always stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Little Rock, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Embassy Suites are always a great place to stay. The Suites are roomy and clean. They allow family to sit back and relax together. We had our family reunion there and it felt like being in someone's home. We were so comfortable. I did wish that they had a better cable program because there wasn't much to see on tv, but we dd not stay in the rooms very long, only to sleep. We had a great stay and plenty of good food.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Just spent three nights there. Nice accommodations, but I'm not going back. Nickel & diming: nightly $9.25 internet charge; both tv's in the suite were set up so input could not be changed, apparently (?) so tenants pay for highly promoted in-house VOD movies rather than watch own stuff via HDMI connection. Penny pinching: laughable happy hour spread; keeping expensive breakfast food items behind omelet counter and not on open food line counter. All this ruined the visit. So long Embassy Suites.

Room Tip: Cross the Interstate at the Drury Inn.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
HomewoodKCI, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay, I respect your candor. We strive for personalized experience for each of our guests; as we actively look for ways to manage expenses and offer enhanced services for comfort and convenience. We are a for-profit enterprise, operating in a open market place, that supports jobs and quality of life. As a traveler from the Washington DC area, we value your perspective on our operation. I noticed that you were in the hotel for three days. It would have been refreshing to exchange viewpoints when your were at the hotel. That being the case, I hope you will give the Embassy Suites KCI another try, and give me a call while you're here. Because, I appreciate your review as it provides feedback that I need to re-evaluate guest needs and make the necessary adjustments to our offerings.
Minden, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

WE have a very large family and it's next to impossible to get a hotel room that we can all sleep comfortably so that is why we like to stay at the Embassy Suites type hotels. From the moment we arrived to the time we left we were treated very well, the accommodations were very comfortable and we really enjoyed our stay here.

Hotchkiss, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

The hotel is beautiful and the lobby amazing. Most of the staff were friendly and accommodating. I found dinner menu to be pricey and had to be very selective of what I ate because of my per diem. The hotel does offer a shuttle to the mall for other options. I am not from a "tornado" state and was a little nervous about their plans in case of such an occurrence. The stay was a relaxing experience. The breakfast wonderful as were the buffet lunches. The conference room and snacks were also a plus for this trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Jefferson City, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

The hotel was clean and smoke free. The complimentary breakfast was awesome! The staff was friendly and check in and check out was very simple and fast. Close to Zona Rosa shopping center!!! Would gladly stay here again.

Cambridge, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

It's usually hard for me to put a poor rating on a hotel but when I look at the price value vs. the functioning of the facility it's a no brainer. I have stayed at worse hotels but at 160.00 a night this is the biggest disappointment. I should have known while waiting in line the guy ahead of me complained that the room he just was given had not been touched by housekeeping. Our shower drain was very slow draining water piled up around me while showering. The bathroom door would not lock unless you lifted up on the door. The door was obviously from a lumber yard type place as it was a hollow door and appeared to be retro fitted in a poor manner. The room was on the cold side and we would turn the heat up with no results in warming up. We turned it to 80 degrees with no change in temperature. The pool was shut down at the time for maintenance which was a bummer too. We took advantage of their cocktail happy hour and the lobby atrium area was very nice. The rest of the room was what I come to expect from an Embassy Suite property. I must note that I did not contact management on these problems as in this case I believe with the multiple issues it's just a poorly run property and they need to be in touch with their property and it's issues. MAYBE this note will be a wake up call for them to keep a hand on the pulse of their operation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HomewoodKCI, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
I regret that we were unable to provide you with the service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room, including the shower drain, bathroom door, and HVAC. You have the attention of the hotel management, and we will work with our maintenance team to ensure that corrective actions are undertaken. I appreciate your friendly comments reagrding the complimentary evenning reception and the atrium ambience. If you do return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.