“Room not cleaned even after specifically”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport
Ranked #18 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
GreenLeadersBronze level
South Florida, Florida
“Room not cleaned even after specifically”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Housekeeping skipped my room in the morning. I returned at 3pm and found the room as I had left it. I went to the front desk and specifically asked for housekeeping to service the room. Returned again at midnight and the room remained as I left it. The front desk clerk did write my room number on a daily log sheet so I know it wasn't simply forgotten the second time around - housekeeping just apparently refused to do it.

Fortunately, I was traveling alone and got through two days on the towels in the room. For a larger group of two or more people, this would have been a BIG problem.

I left this hotel after the second night and moved to the less expensive Hilton a bit closer to the airport. The Hilton is at least as nice as the Embassy Suites and MUCH less expensive. Also, I may have an unusual room at the Hilton, but it's about the same size as the space I had at the Embassy and includes a sofabed plus a king with a lot of room between them.

For my money, I'd never again try the Embassy.

• Stayed May 2013
HomewoodKCI, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet expectations. Based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. Let me assure you that the situation you encountered is generally corrected immediately on site. I regret the breakdown in our service committment to you. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the Kansas City area that you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again; I appreciate your honest feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We always use this hotel when leaving for an early morning flight, you can leave your car in the parking lot as well. This hotel is very safe and clean. We take advantage of the managers evening reception and breakfast, this is very economical! And of course we get our points as Hilton Honors members. A+

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Panama City, Florida
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We attended a party in their banquet room and also spent the night. Everything seemed to go off without a hitch for the dinner and the overnight stay was your typical Embassy Suites experience. Minutes away from the airport and there are some restaurants near the hotel. Just looking around it seems like the best choice for the airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Idaho Falls, United States
Reviewed April 22, 2013

What a great experience. Great Job Embassy Suites. I love this hotel and enjoyed the stay. I had a excellent experience because a Rachel M at the front desk. She did a terrific job and was so customer service oriented that she made my entire stay so much better!

Madison WI
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Arriving too early to get into room, they stored luggage securely and gave us a coupon to eat at the breakfast bar. The breakfast made-to-order is always a treat at Embassy Suites. And the happy hour after a long day of meetings can't be beat. The meeting rooms were well lit and the temperature was good for me. Very affordable as a conference location.

Murray, United States
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The entire staff at this facility were very friendly and went out of their way to make me comfortable. The shuttle drivers went out of their way for our group. The bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get up.

Hot Springs, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Went for business and had a wonderful experience. The staff was friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable and breakfast was delicious with lots of choices. Shuttle service to and from the airport and to Zona Rosa mall was prompt and courteous. Meeting facilities were nice and the food served was great!