“Great experience! Allows pets.” 5 of 5 stars

Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport
Ranked #17 of 112 Hotels in Kansas City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Olathe, Kansas, USA
“Great experience! Allows pets.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Great weekend trip. It was wonderful that I was able to bring my small dog with me. The staff was courteous and helpful. Free breakfast and cocktails was great. Room was nice. Spa was nice and pool was nice. It seemed a little creepy that the people on the treadmills in the fitness center had a view into the pool area... but that's just me, I guess. Beds were clean and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Several months ago I wrote a not so good review about this hotel. I have to kind of eat my words. I have spent 4 nights in this Embassy Suite during the huge snow storm that hit Kansas City this week. I have to tip my hat to the management and staff. They were fantastic under pressure and not the best of conditions. Like most of us, the staff was stranded in the hotel as well. Unable to go home to their families and not able to get relief from the next shift. They worked around the clock to be sure we the guest were taken care of. Wait staff working all three meals from 5 am till very late and back up and at it the next morning. A few names that come to mind that did a super job Donna, David and many more that worked very hard. When I checked in I meet a young lady named Peggy who was working the bell desk. She was so nice to help me with luggage, I have bad knees and the cold was just really causing me a lot of pain. She not only got my luggage but walked down and got me a couple of soda's and ice and came back to check to see if I was ok and see if I needed anything else. You just don't find that much any more. Thank you.
Bottom line when you find a staff that will work this hard for their hotel and the guest I think you have a winner. Yes I'm still not totally pleased with some of the new changes at the Embassy Suites for breakfast and Managers reception. But I put that aside and say for great service you will be happy here at the KCI Embassy.
Oh yes Derrick from maintenance staff who came up and help me with a heating issue. After fixing my problem he left only to come back a few minutes later with a soda for me as I had said I was going down and get one in a few minutes. He knew I had some knees problems was just helping WOW Thank you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Glen S
HomewoodKCI, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Snowmageddeon - Thank you for taking the time to recognize the Embassy Suites KCI TEAM effort as well as a number of individual associate interactions during the record-breaking snow strom in Kansas City. We are very proud of our hotel team and their hospitality dedication. I am delighted that your experience was favorable despite the unfavorable weather conditions. We look forward to seeing you at the hotel again soon - come rain or shine!
kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We had 5 rooms reserved for a family outing to KC. We had 3 kids and lots of adults. The embassy provided the pool and hot tub that everyone enjoyed. Free Cocktails in the evening and an AMAZING complimentary breakfast in the morning. The rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. The beds were comfortable with a good variety of pillow textures. No complaints and it is nice that the checkout time was noon instead of the usual 10am-11am.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Indianola, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Hotel was very accomadating. Catering Services and Ambassor Room were excellent for our size of party. All staff were professional, helpful and friendly. Overall hotel and rooms clean and modern. Beds were very comfortful. The lobby and resturant are very large and made family gathering easy while waiting to fly out. Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great hotel, great manager's reception and breakfast. All of the rooms have been redone recently and are clean and fresh. Perfect accommodations for a single night or an all week stay. If you plan on spending any time in your living area, stay in an upper room if you don't want to hear the noise from the fountains.

Go get a drink from Dave @ the bar!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less fountain noise
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
kansas city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed a Saturday night in early Janaury. The service was great and the hotel was very clean and well kept. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful as were the bartender and staff at the nightly reception (which was very nice as well) Very pleased and would go back again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank stacy k
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

I needed a last minute place to stay at the Kansas City Airport, so I called the Hilton Diamond Desk. They made my reservation at the Embassy Suites. Upon arrival Orlando at the front desk informed me that I had been upgraded to the presidential suite. He was very nice and professional. After changing I went to the managers reception where Shawn made some great drinks. He was funny and took time to talk to me as I was traveling alone. I had dinner at the bar where I had another exceptional experience. The suite was amazing, the hotel was nice and modern, the location couldn't have been better for my morning flight. This stay was the complete package. I will stay at this property as often as possible!

• Stayed January 2013