New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices
Ranked #17 of 112 Hotels in Kansas City
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Mostly Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This hotel was our choice for a trip to Kansas City to see a Chiefs/ Broncos game. The most notable feature of this hotel was by far the service. We were checked in by someone named Stephanie. Stephanie was smiling; she was polite and was extremely efficient. We requested directions to a store that they have in Kansas City and even though she did not know of the location she went the extra mile and asked that I stopped back by the desk on my way out and she would have the directions printed up! Thank You!!! After a long drive this was so refreshing. My daughter was very happy that we were able to get to the American Girl Doll store while we were in town. The room was in excellent condition and the bathroom was cleaned and well maintained. Everything in the room was in great working condition and the noise was not a factor, even with the large atrium containing a roaring fountain. We did stop by the desk later that night to purchase medicine which they had well stocked. The clerk was friendly and helpful. The social hour was amazing! The staff was extremely friendly and the restocked the snacks quickly. We ordered additional items from the bar for dinner, a pizza and chicken fingers. The pizza was delicious while the chicken fingers were just a touch on the dry side. In the morning we attended the complimentary breakfast. It was amazing. We have stayed at several other Embassy Suites and this one was by far the best. The chef that was handling the omelet and pancake orders was whistling while he worked and was super duper friendly. It was a pleasant surprise from a usually nasty attitude that is at that position. The food was amazing and the selection was great. We were able to find something for all of us and left satisfied. I did have the opportunity to visit the fitness center in the morning. They have three treadmills, one was out of order and the other two may well have been. I run on treadmills five times a week and know what to expect. I only ran for 3 minutes because I felt like the belt was damaged and I was losing my footing. The treadmills are well used and are in desperate need of maintenance. I instead choose to go sit in the hot tub since there was no one in there. I went into the pool room to find the hot tub only half full... I tried to make it enjoyable, but its hard to enjoy the jets of water and the experience when half of your body is exposed and you have to wade around in the middle deep part because the benches are not covered with water, I gave up on that too.. Later, we attended the game, or team won and we returned to the hotel. Stephanie was once again at the desk and greeted us kindly and warm. We did end up leaving that night to make our trip back. This was a great hotel and a great experience..
EXCELLENT SERVICE!!

Room Tip: Higher floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Denvertraveller7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I dread having to stay at an airport hotel, but was pleasantly surprised by this one. At check in, the staff was very friendly, letting me know about all of the amenities of the hotel. I ordered room service and it was delivered quickly and it wasn't bad. The room was very clean and the beds were fine. Complimentary shuttle service for a 6 am flight was outstanding.

Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is in a great location being close to the airport and zona rosa. The hotel does need a little work and I believe they are currently renovating rooms. The old rooms are still very clean. We got a room where the temp was set to 90. The staff met us on our floor and got us a new room.

• Stayed November 2012
Tar Heel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Dated hotel, needs work. They are updating the HVAC and having problems balancing the temperature in the rooms. Lots of complaints. Staff was attentative. Breakfast was fair at best. Coffee is horrible. $200 and not worth it, won't stay there atain.

• 4 of 5 stars
HomewoodKCI, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback to us. Although, I regret to learn that conditons at the hotel did not meet your satisfaction. The majority of the hotel public space and guest suites were renovated 2 years ago - but we still have more to do. The HVAC improvements you mentioned are underway; seasonally scheduled to have the least impact on our guests. Before year end, we have invested in upgrades to our complimentary services outlet as well. The F&B Director has asked our coffee suplier to review quality and distribution of our offering.

I'd like your opinion on the upcoming changes discussed above. I hope you will return soon for the another advisory installment.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stay at this hotel for business every year- the rooms are great for business travel and are clean, and the shuttle is complimentary to/from the airport, which is about 10 minutes away, so that is nice, too. There is a large shopping/dining district just a short shuttle ride away- very safe and great variety of shops and restaurants!
Breakfast at the hotel has a wide selection of choices, with French toast, made-to-order omelets, etc- but the coffee is watered down and leaves a lot to be desired! Front desk staff wasn't as efficient as has been in the past on this trip, and the woman that works in the back office must have been having an extremely bad day, because she took it out on all the guests- I felt I had to apologize to her for asking her for help-

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Key West, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Traveling close to 150 to 170 days a year we usually look forward to staying at an Embassy Suites when we have the chance. The Embassy at the KC airport is not up to the usual standards we fine at most. The good part was the front desk staff was very nice and accommodating, I ask for a different type of room than I had booked and the young lady was very helpful and able to take care of my request. The bartender Sean at the main bar was friendly and very helpful. He was busy doing room service orders and taking care of customers at his bar but was still very friendly and just a great guy.
The managers reception at the hotel is a big disappointment as compared to other Embassy's. Popcorn and some trail mix seems to be the extent of the food. Others we frequent do a much better job. We were there a couple of nights and this was the same both nights. The hot breakfast was a joke, no part of it either morning was hot, even when going to the cook to order part. Bacon and sausage was not even warm or the gravy etc.
The worst part is this hotel seems obsessed with being sure no one gets a free breakfast they don't deserve. They have these little blue tickets you must have and show to get food. Yet there is no set way you are ask to show them. I watched as a young couple who had just gotten their food was ask for the ticket, when the young man seemed a little confused about what it was he was drilled and embarrassed by this older man demanding his BLUE TICKET. He had to go back up to the room and find it as their food got colder. This older man and the woman working the breakfast tables were over the top with this blue ticket. If only certain rooms or guest got free food I might understand this but at Embassy every guest gets a free breakfast. There are many better ways to control this issue and have seen other do it much better. Funny part is I was never ask for my blue ticket.
Sorry I've rambled on so much but if you decide to spend the extra money to stay here you should know what you can expect. It's kind of mixed good and bad, I feel you would enjoy the Hilton or Hampton as much and both are close by.

Room Tip: most all rooms are good, clean fresh and comfortable
    • 4 of 5 stars
HomewoodKCI, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide insight on your recent experience at our hotel. I was delighted to learn that the hotel front office guest representatives and lounge bartender met your expectations. On the other hand, I sincerely apologize for the service situation at breakfast. It has long been a challenge to implement a guest friendly system of accountability in this outlet. We are looking into improving our breakfast policies and have ordered new equipment for the area to arrive by year end.

We look for reviews to provide insight, so I certainly appreciate your feedback. I understand that you are a frequent traveler, and the next time you are in the area, we would love for you to stay with us again.
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Ok value, hotel is pretty dated. Staff is pretty robotic. Ok breakfast. Little fruit and most. Breakfast items with the 1 cook.
Room was clean and quiet.
I'll try a different place next time for the KC area.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
HomewoodKCI, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-International Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
I regret that the quality of our hotel services that you encountered did not meet your expectations. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry we let the ball drop. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance.