“Worse service in Kansas City”

Econo Lodge Airport Kansas City
Ranked #88 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We tried to use their valet parking service and called to be picked up upon our return to Kansas City. We were told they would pick us up in 15 minutes, after 20 minutes we called and they would not answer their phone. After 45 minutes, we took a Supershuttle to the car. A couple of days later, I called the owner Hasu Patel, explained the problem and expecting a reimbursemenbt or something. Instead, he hung up the phone on me.

I tend to be loyal to Choice Hotels and travel quite a bit. Choice needs to lose this property.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lgoldmankc

Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

This had to be the worse choice hotel I ever stayed at. I missed my flight and decided to go to the nearest hotel by the airport. To begin with the shuttle driver came to pick me up from the airport on his cellphone telling me to get in. I had to open the door myself, load my things and everything. The ride to the hotel he was having a personal conversation on his cell phone. When I checked in I was checked into not one but two dirty rooms. The rooms needed to be remodeled and the tub looked as if it was never cleaned from the last person who stayed. Overall this was not a great hotel, rude staff which are management, dirty rooms, and heat did not work. Never again!!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed for one night, primarily for the parking option and quick access to the airport. The shuttle was on time and only takes about 5 minutes to get to the airport. You get what you pay for. I felt the hotel was pretty much a dive and I would suggest you check other nearby options.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We chose to stay here because they have a park and fly option however I will never stay here again. They are the most rude people I've ever experienced in my many years of travel. Rooms were cold, heat barely worked. No decor on the walls. Bed was just thrown together, not tucked in. When they took us to the airport and on the trip back the driver did not get out of the vehicle. We had to open doors, load & unload our own luggage from a filthy van. Then they had a glass wanting a tip... Ha..!!! Microtel is closer to the airport, same price (if not a little less) and very, very helpful...!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We only ended up there, because Days Inn gave away our reservation upon our return to KC. They took us over to this dump.
Like in one of the previous reviews, we are also still itching.
People who give positive reviews about this place, must have never stayed in a better hotel.
If we could give minus points, we would!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2012

The service was horrible, the room was disgusting, and they charged us too much.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I am a camping enthusiast so I don't mind bugs. I do not like them in my hotel room or in my bed. We decided to stay here and leave our car while we vacationed. My husband thought it sounded like a good deal. It was not. If you book on the internet, it's one price but when you get there they charge extra for leaving your car. The room was filthy. There were two roaches and one roly poly bug on the bedspread when we brought in our luggage. I called to ask for a different room. They complied. The next room also had bugs. I would urge anyone not to stay here.

Room Tip: I really doubt that with finding bugs in two different rooms that you will be able to find a "g...