“Not up to par with the rest of the La Quinta Chain”

Quality Inn Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex
Ranked #84 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Baltimore, Maryland
“Not up to par with the rest of the La Quinta Chain”
Reviewed January 19, 2007

The non-smoking room assigned to me had the cleaning staff hanging out in it when I arrived. It smelled like smoke and so I went back to the front desk and requested another. The new room had a used towel hanging in the bathroom and at least 2 different lamps did not work. The room smelled moldy.

Stayed January 2007
1 Thank travelerAnnArbor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Frankfort, KY
Reviewed May 31, 2005

My wife and I stayed one (1) night here on the way back from South Dakota. Check-in was smooth and the staff was nice. We took our things up to the room. The first thing that hit was was the hot, musty smell in the hallways. This is a "courtyard" type hotel that was all the rage years ago, not your typical Hampton set-up. We dumped the luggage in the room and went off to the casino nearby.

We returned at about 2:00 AM and went to bed. It was not until morning that we actually looked around at the room. It was large, but filthy! There were toenail clippings under the table. The mini-bar facet was caked with lime buildup. The bathroom was not horrible, but could have used some scrubbing. The worst came when my wife realized there was a "body fluid" stain on the blanket (not the bedspread, but the blanket)...it has obviouosly not been washed. We left shortly thereafter. I have complained to Hilton and am awaiting a reply.

This place is a dump. It's more like a Red Roof or a Travel Lodge than a Hampton. We are Hilton Gold members and it was disappointing that they would put their name on such a place. I won't stay here again for anything.

• Stayed May 2005
3 Thank belleandbeau
OKC
Reviewed April 11, 2005

We've stayed at this hotel several times, but I think some updating has been done since our last stay.

This hotel is clean, safe, friendly staff and moderately priced. The location isn't too bad, however it is near more of a business district. Denny's, Taco Bell and I think Wendy's is near by. Just a couple miles to the river boat casino's.

We didn't eat the free breakfast, but it looked typical for a free continental breakfast. We did have some coffee and it was good. Also picked up a brown bag on our way out, that contained a muffin, a small water bottle, a breakfast bar and an apple. That was a nice added touch. Something new I think to Hampton Inn's.

We had reservations for two nights at the Comfort Inn downtown, and we did stay there the first night, but moved for the 2nd night. The Comfot Inn wasn't bad, but this hotel is a little better. Hampton was about $7 more per night than the Comfort Inn. We are also Choice Privilege members, so this trip, we got both points! Both of these hotels were close to the river boat casino's.

I would stay here again when coming to this area. We are Hilton Honors members and stay quit a bit at Hilton brand hotels. Mostly Hampton and Homewood Suites. If you ever get a chance to stay at a Homewood Suite, they are great! Too bad there isn't one in this area.

• Stayed April 2005
2 Thank Oklatraveler
ohio
Reviewed September 14, 2004

This is not the typical Hampton Inn, short multi-level building. It was an older, courtyard styled hotel. The staff was less then pleasant, but they weren't rude either.

Nothing exceptionally good or bad about the place. It is very hard to find, because it is buried in the back of an executive park.

On the plus side, I had a huge HD TV in my room that was very nice. Also, the hotel is near a couple casinos. The only food choices are fast food and Denny's.

Still, for the price, it wasn't bad.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East
La Quinta Inn Kansas City North
La Quinta Inn Kansas City North
#4 of 4 in North Kansas City

Been to Quality Inn Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex? Share your experiences!