Quality Inn Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex
Ranked #83 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Orlando, Florida
“Clean Room”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

The hotel is good for a one night stay. Average room, average breakfast, average hotel; nothing too memorable. I did not have any problems during my stay. The property was easy to access from the highway.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Personnels, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for your comments about the stay; while we are glad you experienced no issues during your stay, we are somewhat disheartened that it was generally unremarkable. We will strive in the future to make our hotel leave a more positive impression on our guests.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
camphill
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stayed at this hotel last year when they were renovating, came back this year after they had finished and it is beautiful. Everyone there was so nice and accommodating. We would recommend this hotel to anyone. They have a beautiful pool, it always looks so clean and inviting. The rooms are nicely decorated, and very clean. We enjoyed our stay very much, We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank price2004
Personnels, Manager at Quality Inn Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your consideration and compliments, we hope to see you again soon!

Director of Sales
Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I was traveling with a family of 6 (4 kids ages 7 to 1) and there were no vacanies within the area, except for one suite here. The staff was great but the facility itself was run down and the building we were in seemed to be the worst. After checking in at 2:30am, I went to the room prior to binging my family up and there were people smoking in the hallway! The room did not have a number on the door, only masking tape with the room number scribbled on it. The room was given as a non-smoking room, but it was obvious that someone had smoked in there before. As I was bringing the family up the hallway smoker was bringing his pitbull out to go to the bathroom. Not to be detered from a good rest we made it to the room, only to find there was no linen for the pull out couch. Fortunately, the kids and my wife slept through the rest of the night/morning in the king sized bed while I was up every couple of minutes wondering why people were in the hallway until the sun came up. The breakfast area is too small for the hotel. It took a while to get through the line for the complimentary breakfast, which was below average at best. We sat outside to eat breakfast because there was no seating available inside the dining area, lobby, or any other area near the breakfast area that was indoors. I was thankful to find a place to rest even though it was a rough night and my only choice. I would not recommend staying here unless you are in a desperate spot and it is your only choice.

Room Tip: Stay as close as possible to the main building near the lobby.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Steven C
Dear Guest,

We apologize for the negative experience you had in our hotel; we will use your criticism and comments to make sure that the pull-out beds are ready in the future, and will be monitoring the halls at night more closely; smoking in the hallways is not permitted on this property, and we apologize again for your being inconvenienced.

Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed July 8, 2014

There is a terrible smell throughout the place inside and out. Hot Tub was not working. Pool was good. Sausage for breakfast was burnt and crunchy. Beds were small. I have stayed at other Quality Inns before and none were as bad as this one,

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Huskerian
Personnels, Manager at Quality Inn Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

I apologise for not meeting your needs, and going above and beyond to meet your standards for the duration of your stay. We thank you for your honest criticism, and will go out of our way to make sure that, should you decide to book with us again, we provide the very best service we can, while using your criticism to improve our property. Our spa has been repaired since your stay, and we will resolve to correct any issues with odor and the breakfast.

Mineral Ridge, Ohio
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

I took a truck to a nearby dealer for service on Memorial Day weekend. The Quality Inn had a shuttle available to get me to and from the dealer. The room was excellent. The price was reasonable, especially on a holiday weekend. The staff really went out of thier way to accomadate my needs. All in all it was the silver lining to the dark cloud.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your patronage, --we're so glad we were able to be at the best part of a bad day, and hope that should you be in the area in the future, perhaps you will think of us in better circumstances.

Thank you again!

Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Nice clean room ! Staff was fabulous !! The shuttle driver was very. courteous and friendly. Breakfast was really awesome,and the pool was maintained well.I will stay there again and would recommend this hotel !! Had a great time !! :)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank redrockerKC
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your compliments and kind words, we do strive to exceed the expectations and needs of all our guests, and we hope we can serve you just as well, if not better, in the future!

Buhler, Kansas
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Was disappointed in the rudeness of the manager. My group of friends were staying at the hotel & was paying cash for the room, we had a credit card for incidentals but the manager would not except the CC & very rudely told us we had to pay $100 cash deposit or we couldn't stay. Our age is 19-21. The gal that was originally helping us was very nice, and apoloized for the manager and said she had not ever had an issue with allowing young people to stay & that the manager was grumpy. Also 3 of the 4 ice machines were broke and the pool was out of order. Breakfast was good and the room was clean.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Connie R
Personnels, Manager at Quality Inn Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are very happy to have been able to serve you with most of your needs, but are indeed regretful, and very apologetic to learn that you were inconvenienced by our policies requiring a cash deposit for guests paying cash. It is also our strict policy that guests under 21 are not permitted to stay without a parent or guardian present.

We appreciate your criticism; our pool is currently open, all ice machines are functioning, and we apologise for the non-functionality of the amenities during your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Candlewood Suites Northeast
Candlewood Suites Northeast
#56 of 109 in Kansas City
Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun

Been to Quality Inn Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex? Share your experiences!