Quality Inn Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Motel 6 Kansas City(Kansas City)
View Hotel
Harrah's North Kansas City(North Kansas City)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Arrived for business. Clerk did not inform me that there is a $5 deposit for TV remote. What??? He also neglected to provide WiFi access information, so another call to the front desk. Room trash cans were not emptied daily. After first day, key card did not work and when I went to the same clerk, he said that I must have erased the card. The "new" card would only work for another day, then the same re-run occured.

Overall my 4 days were OK, but just barely. I will be back in March, but will find another location, even if it means a longer drive.

Room Tip: This is an industrial area. Be prepared for highway and railroad noise.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Vince W
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I stayed here for four nights. My stay was awesome. They had hot breakfast in the morning which is very yummy. The front desk staff were friendly. Rooms are very big and the beds are really comfortable. The name itself describes about the motel. They provide shuttle service to all the guests. This was the unique service that impressed me. Had a very good stay and love to be here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This hotel is fantastic. Close to Arrowhead and Kauffman stadium. After reading the reviews I was hesitant on staying here but all other hotels were booked due to the Chiefs game. The hotel was a little hard to find but gps leads you right to it. The traffic was not loud with is being adjacent to I-70 there was an awful sulfur smell in the evening because of the waste management plant near by, but one call to the front desk and they sent someone right up with an air freshener and we didnt smell the sulfur the rest of the night. Customer service was great, breakfast was great, location great, and price amazing beds were very comfortable. Will definitely stay here again. This hotel is not fancy but it is an awesome place to stay. Please try it for yourself.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor near the front of the building room 208
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I reserved rooms for my daughter and her family and myself and a friend. We went for a baseball game in KC. I have stayed here before and had wonderful experiences but the hotel has recently been purchased and it has gone to the dogs. Sheets had not been changed, bathtub dirty, toilet not clean, tv did not work, A/C filters were black with lint and fuzz, the a/c was so poorly put in the wall that you could see outside throught the gap in the wall. Bugs were flying in during the night. My daughter's bedding had lipstick and mascara (Fresh not washed) on the pillow cases and there was dried yellow something on the sheets. I had made my reservations in May for an August trip. The owners did not bother to call and tell me construction was happening. There were paint fumes throughout the hotel, paint and paint dust everywhere and no airconditioning except in the individual rooms. VERY MISERABLE TRIP. Asked for a ground floor room due to a broken hip and foot and they would not accomodate and no elevator. Very difficult to get around. PHONE in room did not work so had to keep making trips up and down stairs to fix the problems.

Room Tip: Best to stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Charise J
qualityinnkansascity, Webmaster at Quality Inn Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear guest,

I apologize that your experience at our Kansas City hotel did not meet your standards. We are working to make sure we improve every day. I’m sincerely sorry that you arrived during a time of transition. If you visit again, you will see that the problems you mentioned have been corrected, and we have expanded and retrained our staff to make sure we meet the standards of our guests and of the Quality Inn chain. Again, I apologize that your stay was not up to our usual high standards.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed with two teen girls for a concert. When I called, I was given one rate of $59. When I arrive, she asks for (after tax) $97! I quickly had that adjusted....

The outside of the hotel is in a bit of disrepair... Missing air conditioner grates, huge potholes in lot, orange construction plastic fencing around pool, "Danger" tape around the hot tub, and the coup de gras: the lady taking care of the breakfast area mentioned to me that management recently changed, majority of staff walked off, and OSHA came the day we arrives and shut their ovens down!! Oh, and when we asked for more toilet paper to be brought to the room, we were told there is ONE more roll for the ENTIRE hotel and the roll is first come, first serve at the front desk.

The staff was overall friendly enough, but the hotel just had a dingy feel and appearance. I definitely will not stay here again, and the event which I attended on Saturday night has a negotiated rate with them, of course, under the OLD management. I will be suggesting alternative hotels for future endeavors.

The TV and phone were broken, but still worked. The breakfast was (including biscuits!) completely microwaved (thank you, OSHA) beds were relatively fine, shower walls and tub felt a little slimy (could have been soap residue, as soap is basic and slippery, but idk...) spider in the bathroom, air conditioner had some type of food shoved in the grate inside the room, and curtains were duct taped.

I think that's the jist of it....

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank 4DsAndAnE

Dear guest,

Thank you for commenting about our Kansas City hotel. We have recently thoroughly cleaned the property and have repaired the problems you mentioned. Your arrival did, in fact, come during a time of transition and we are working every day to make this property better than ever before. We look forward to having the pleasure of your company again the next time you visit the area so we can show you how we’ve changed. Again, we sincerely apologize for missing the mark during your stay.

Hotel Manager.