“Don't Judge This Book By It's Cover” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex

Quality Inn Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex
Ranked #85 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
San Francisco, California
“Don't Judge This Book By It's Cover”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I was booked at this location and once I found it, (it is very out of the way on a dead end street) I was a bit worried just looking at the property. At first I was convinced it was an old apartment complex that was converted into a hotel but was told that was wrong.

The lobby is clean and the front desk staff were friendly. I was given a King bed room and was pleasantly surprised and how large the room was. For me the essentials, the bed was conformable, the room was quite, the Heating/AC worked perfectly, felt safe in and around the hotel and the free WiFi was very speedy, all helped give me a good impression of this property. The morning breakfast was a completely shock as there was hot and fresh biscuits and gravy, eggs, sausages, along with more basically Continental foods, bagels, cereal etc.

Just a few minor negatives, the room wasn't as spotless as it could have been but nothing that was worthy of complaint. The shower water pressure was a tad low and also for some strange reason I found the bathtub surface to be very slippery. I held on to the railing the entire shower.

There is a pool and Jacuzzi in the center of the complex but I believe it was closed for the winter.

They even have a shuttle which will take you almost anywhere you want to go for a VERY small fee, much less than a taxi.

The hotel rate was amazingly good and worth the value.

While by no means a 4-Star hotel I would recommend this place if you're on a budget but still want a nice, comfortable place to stay, near the freeway and fast food restaurants. I will stay here again if I find myself in Kansas City.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ReallyRick
CH2171, General Manager at Quality Inn Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you so much for seeing our place as we do.. While it clearly isn't a 4star hotel.. we try our very best to make it a comfortable and pleasant place to stay...
As for the room not being as clean as you would have liked... I really apologize for that, and we are working on getting a different skid resistant placed in our tubs...
It is a lot of work to keep a place going..as large as this.. but with the helpful comments, it makes it easier to make sure we are applying our efforts in making Country Hearth as safe and clean for our guests as possible.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Anaheim, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Well unexpectedly my company placed me and my wife in a hotel due to health issues. And upset at the conditions of my stay I was received with kindness and happy faces at this Hotel, everything from the moment I stepped foot in to the lobby was nothing but outstanding service. Well that also changed my overall mood and decided to make the best of it; room was more then adequate for our stay breakfast in the morning was delicious and staff again was most kind and attentive to are needs. I truly am big on customer service so I decided to express my feeling towards this wonderful stay at this Hotel and would truly recommend this to anyone wanting this service specially for the price. A special thanks to Christy Woods General Manager for and excellent experience there and for your attentive staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post a review... I do hope we see you back.. and hopefully under different circumstances... very fortunate we are to have guests like yourself!!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Rooms have dust and dirt in the air. The rooms are stuffy, confined and way too small for the beds and aren't any bigger if you pay for an extra bed. Our stay was horrible and I wish I had gone somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Avidadventure
qualityinnkansascity, Webmaster at Quality Inn Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear guest,

Thanks for your comments. A lot has changed at this Kansas City, MO motel since your stay with us. We have refreshed, cleaned and improved the property in many ways and have new housekeeping staff that’s better-trained than ever. You’ll find a completely different experience if you stay with us again. We’re sorry we missed the mark during your stay. All we can do is apologize and promise that the issues you point out have been addressed.

Hotel Manager.
Moline, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

We spent a weekend in KC and chose this hotel primarily on the price. We found a good rate and didn't need to be close to anything. The place isn't really anything fancy but it's not bad either. The beds we comfy and the free hot breakfast was a pleasant surprise. Sure the place could use some updating but there was nothing wrong with the place. Also had a nice pool, although we didn't have a chance to swim. Wish we did since the temperature was near 100 degrees while we were there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Spot76
Saint Joseph, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed here overnight after attending a Royals game. This hotel was a good value for the price paid. It could stand a little updating in the rooms (carpet, bathroom) but my room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. I got to enjoy a dip in the pool after a long day at the office. The staff was amazing. My check in was quick and hassle free and so was check out. I was encouraged to try the breakfast buffet before leaving for the office and I'm glad I did. They had the standard continental fare but also had hot items. Biscuits and gravy, eggs, hash browns, and sausage. It indeed helped start my day the right way. I will return again for sure.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Denise D
CH2171, General Manager at Quality Inn Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
It is so nice to hear that you had a good stay here... and we definitely hope to see you back!!!
we are looking into updating, and appreciate all your feedback
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

Stayed in the hotel for 2 nights sheets on the bed were stained, the next day they cleaned the room it was the same sheets on the bed. They didn't empty the trash or take the dirty towels out and leave new ones. The doors on the rooms don't close very good.
Will not recommend to anyone else.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ron S
CH2171, Manager at Quality Inn Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Very sorry to hear your stay here was less than we like to hear from our guests.
We had experienced some housekeeping issues, and have been able to weed through that problem... However not quick enough obviously... I am not sure if you were able to let the front desk know about your situations.. but we would have been more than happy to have had someone go into the room and do it correctly.
Regarding the doors, I am not sure why the door did not close well.. I have maintenance looking into this now. I appreciate your feed back as it gives me an opportunity to see it from anothers angle... and go forward with making the place better.
again I apologize.
Lincoln, Nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

The room was not clean. The hall smelled of cigarette smoke..the bathroom is in need of repairs. Had to ask for towels. There were flies flying around in the breakfast area. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone I know

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bev12345667
CH2171, Manager at Quality Inn Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
I apologize for your experience here at Country Hearth Inn ... We try to enforce that people DO NOT smoke in the NON Smoking areas, we always deep clean after we have found that the room has been smoked in.. however there are times that it is very difficult to get the smell out.. It is quite frustrating for yourself and us, when others do this, and cause problems for the rest of us.
We most definitely would have moved you if you would have mentioned this to our front desk. Our staff is here to make sure you are accomodated, and we by no means want anyone to have an uncomfortable stay here.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
#4 of 4 in North Kansas City
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#2 of 4 in North Kansas City

Been to Quality Inn Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex? Share your experiences!