“Not sure how this passed inspection....” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex

Quality Inn Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex
Ranked #85 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Ia
“Not sure how this passed inspection....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

Dirty, dingy, outdated, smelly, unkept, moldy, buggy, FILTH! The suite was not sweet. Carpet was soaked from the A/C running so had to switch rooms. The front desk had to have maintenance check the next room to be sure the air worked. The pull out hide-a-bed should have stayed hidden. The cover to it was ripped so all the interior stuffing was exposed. The blanket was ripped, stained and burned. The floor to the bathtub was beyond dirty! We woke up to a bug with a million legs above our heads and when I went to check out I was greeted by a Yorkie on the counter! Best of all, we learned an employee had been fired for her inability to count change from the night shift gossip...can it get any better than that?

Room Tip: The hide-a-beds are horrible, do not pick a suite! You would be better off sleeping in your car!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Hawkigrl
qualityinnkansascity, Webmaster at Quality Inn Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear guest,

Thanks for commenting about this Kansas City hotel property. In the time since your stay with us, a lot has changed. We have new management that is 100 percent dedicated to improving the property every day. Many fixtures and linens have been replaced, and our staff has been retrained to make sure we’re always providing the best possible service. When you come to area again, I hope you’ll give us another try. We apologize that your stay with us was less than the best.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
ames, ia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

I got this hotel off Hotwire hot deals and this may be the last time I use that site in that way. We arrived at the hotel and it was kind of dumpy looking, but then we toy to the room.and there was a horrible smell. I thought I was going to be sick. We asked to switch rooms and got a room next to it. It was a little better, but the sheets and blankets were stained. Definitely boy a great stay. The food was so so. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank carebear80
Dear guest,

Thank you for commenting about our hotel. I’m sorry that we were too full during your stay to move you again. Our goal is to provide complete satisfaction to every customer. Since your stay the property has been refreshed and thoroughly checked for issues, so you won’t find those problems if you stay with us again. I hope we can welcome you to this property again in the future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

We had a very good experience here. The room was clean and exactly what we requested. Free hot breakfast was nice and had a good assortment to choose from. Staff was welcoming and friendly all throughout stay. Very helpful having a mini fridge and microwave in the room. Overall, a very economical stay and a safe family friendly inn.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank tiffanycowell
Iola Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

One of the better places to stay in K.C. Can't find better around as far as prices and cleanliness. Hotel staff was very nice and was fast to respond to any request that I had. Great breakfast selection. Thumbs up!

2 Thank Robert V
Carlton,MN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Getting to this hotel you will need a GPS as can't make left turn over a median. Hotel in itself is in need of repairs as very old. Carpeting in our room coming up between bathroom and room. No microwave as expected and pool was closed. Breakfast was great and good choices.

2 Thank Lillian M
North Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

There are no major problems with this hotel that better management and attention to detail could not fix. To obtain entrance to the hotel required using your key to unlock the outside doors. Virtually none of them worked ... not only for me but all other guests. When we went back to the front desk, it became obvious that this was a problem of which they were well aware and that it had clearly been an issue for a long time. The fact that it was multiple doors and multiple keys indicated that it was more than an isolated problem that should have been addressed long ago. There was a similar problem with the remote controllers to the television. The one in the room did not work. When we got a replacement, it worked poorly. They did not take away the broken one, but just left it in the room. As a result, the next guest is likely to face the same problem. Finally, the bathroom was missing the expected items like soap and shampoo and had an insufficient number of towels for a room with two beds. I would expect virtually every hotel housekeeping staff to have a checklist that should prevent these types of oversights. I consider these to be minor inconveniences but are evidence that the managers (particularly the directors of maintenance and housekeeping) are not doing their job. When I raised these issues at check-out, they suggested that I call the management and complain ... indicating that their own employees did not feel comfortable relaying issues up the chain of command ... another example of a poorly managed hotel. I would be extremely reluctant to stay here again.

1 Thank Charles M
Dear guest,

We sincerely apologize that your stay with us was less than the best. That’s unacceptable. Fortunately, the management at this property has indeed changed since your stay and the issues you mentioned should not be a problem again. Staffing has been replaced or retrained since the management change, and we hope we are always completely responsive to the needs of our guests. Nothing is more important to us that guests like you. Again, we apologize and look forward to serving you again.

Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

I just stayed the night at this location and I was very impressed! Christy and Theresa checked me in and went beyond my normal hotel/motel experience. They made sure my every need was met and I highly recommend this hotel for travelers of all types. I know that I will always stay here while in Kansas City.Thanks for everything girls!!!

Room Tip: Because of road construction, make a u turn by the Denny's to bring you back to the road where t...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CH2171, Manager at Quality Inn Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
We appreciate your kind words! We do hope to see you back! I am very glad you enjoyed your stay here with us!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
#4 of 4 in North Kansas City
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#2 of 4 in North Kansas City

Been to Quality Inn Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex? Share your experiences!