1,238 results
All reviews monkey bread small hotel nelson atkins room was clean gas station westport area walking distance art museum breakfast area free shuttle hot breakfast yogurt convenient location would definitely stay here again shuttle service free breakfast crown center
Selected filters
Reviewed April 13, 2017

The "high speed internet" was non-existent. When it did show up on the wifi list (it didn't always) it took forever to join. Once connected it took an extremely long time to load pages. Once the hotel fixes this problem this Best Western will earn perfect marks in everything, location, cleanliness, helpfulness, comfort.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank karenpJ8922LQ
Joy B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2017

We are so very sorry about your problem connecting to our Internet. We have Google fiber and it works beautifully. But, on the day of your stay there was an issue with it. We apologize it was frustrating for you. Sometimes we don't know how we all lived without it years ago! It has been addressed and there was some little glitch. Again, we are sorry.
Thank you for your compliments on the rest of our property. We will pass it along to the staff! We hope you will return so we can provide you with a great stay, and great Internet!

Reviewed April 13, 2017

The staff at check-in and check-out were both very friendly and helpful. This hotel is undergoing renovation so there is some construction ongoing. The elevator seemed to be jerky in its operation and made one wonder if it might quit working mid-floor. The bathroom floor was not entirely clean. The breakfast was excellent with waffles, sausage, eggs, yogurt, etc. etc. It is convenient to KU Medical Center for those needing that.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

We wanted to let you know the elevator is safe! We have been going through a testing with it, and it has passed it's safety inspection! You may have been there on a day where Otis elevator was doing some testing on it. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. The bathroom floor issue is unacceptable and housekeeping has been alerted to your comments. Thank you for your compliments on our breakfast! And yes we are convenient to several hospitals and major KC attractions. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed April 7, 2017

When we checked in around 7:30pm on 4/5/2017, the girl at the front desk (I can't remember her name) was super friendly and helpful. I had forgotten to print something I desperately needed and she let me email it to the front desk and she printed it for me and brought it to my room. She was wonderful. All the staff I met was really great. The room was very clean and nice looking. The breakfast was standard but very good. There was always coffee which is a huge bonus in my book. Plenty of parking. I wish there were a daily shuttle since I was there Tuesday to Thursday there was no shuttle available but that was not a deal breaker for me. I was overall very impressed with the hotel and the staff.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Joy B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2017

On behalf of the entire staff we thank you for your positive comments. We are happy you our staff member was helpful to you. We apologize we didn't have the shuttle running for you. Hopefully, the staff did get you transportation while you were our guest. We appreciate that you will be returning to stay with us, and join our family of regular guests!

Reviewed April 7, 2017

Pros: very polite staff and the breakfast was good.

Cons:
1) We stayed on the second floor and I think that only the box springs were put into this room because I do not feel that I slept on a mattress. I have slept on the floor in a German airport that was more comfortable then this bed. Not to mention there seemed to my wife and I that it had a hump near the right hand side (if you are looking at the bed) that was hard to sleep on and made you feel like you would slide off because of the hump. Also the pillows are way too small
2) The toilet in the room when flushed sounded like the airplanes taking off at aforementioned German airport and the sound would go on for about 4 minutes. I managed to record video of it; it was so bad. We prayed that we would not have to use the bathroom during the night.
3) I had the AC set on 63 and it did nothing to cool down the room, the room was hot and uncomfortable all night.
4) The walls are paper thin and I could hear the neighbors talking all night long. They were not yelling, they sounded like they were talking in a regular voice and I could still hear them and was unable to sleep.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

We are so very sorry you did not get a good nights sleep. I realize that is so frustrating.We hope you let the staff know about you issues with the air temperature and the toilet running. We appreciate when our guests lest us know about things they encounter during their stay. We have alerted the maintenance department to your observations. Again, we apologize we didn't provide you with a satisfactory stay.

Reviewed April 6, 2017

The staff at this place is top self.... I stay here when I have big events coming up or just to get away from the world and soak in one of there hot tub suites. It's clean, friendly, and the breakfast wow!

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

We appreciate you taking your time to let us know about your stay. We will pass along your compliments to the staff. They will be happy you mentioned them. We hope yo see you on another trip to KC!