1,238 results
All reviews monkey bread small hotel nelson atkins room was clean gas station westport area walking distance art museum breakfast area free shuttle hot breakfast yogurt convenient location would definitely stay here again shuttle service free breakfast crown center
Selected filters
Reviewed April 6, 2017

It was one of the most relaxed and fun stays we had. Staff was polite, location was amazing. Front desk was kind in taking care of our wants especially. Merely remarkable experience, we will absolutely go back.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Joy B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2017

Thank you for your lovely compliments. We are so happy you chose us to celebrate your Birthday! Hopefully, you will return and become part of our Seville Plaza Hotel.

Reviewed April 5, 2017

I arrived at the BW on 3/24/2017. They have lots of renovating going on, but the updates are looking really good!!! Breakfast is great and hot...they even have waffles and salsa that you can put on your eggs. I love salsa lol. Anyway, when my family arrived there was a large group checking in and come to find out they were CHEER MOMS. These moms were so rude, disrespectful, and very demanding with the staff at the front desk. I don't see how the employees there were able to remain calm and handle these CHEER MOMS so well. The employees were very professional and respectful and willing to help in any way that they could. KUDDOS to the staff at the BW!!!! And the rooms were nicer than we expected!!! We will be returning to their hotel every time we are in KC.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Joy B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2017

Thank you for taking your time to tell us about your stay. Our renovations are due to wind down very soon. Our breakfasts are pretty yummy, we are glad you enjoyed all of the toppings for the scrambled eggs! We will pass along your compliments to our front desk staff, they will be appreciative. Hopefully, you will return soon so you can see our finished
lobby. And we look forward to you becoming a return guest!

Reviewed April 5, 2017

Checked in at 3pm on a Saturday. There wasn't a line and we were checked in quickly. Lobby is under renovations and the elevator was just fixed when we arrived. Room was clean and didn't have any "hotel odor". It was a double queen room 3rd floor. Nice beds with many pillows. Our room was on the end corner of hall with window facing the small front entrance parking lot. I liked this bc we could see our SUV and keep tabs on it. The bathroom was on the smaller side with tub/shower combo. It was clean. The toilet sometimes wouldn't want to flush and the tub wouldn't drain fast enough during shower so the water would rise. Nice shower had and water temp and pressure.

. Hotel is right next to a gas station. I wouldn't be comfortable walking to nearby attractions but it was near enough for the Plaza and art museums.

The night front desk girl was very helpful and nice. We took the shuttle to Sprint Center for Disney on Ice. It was nice not to hassle with driving in an unfamiliar area and parking. You need to get on the list for the shuttle earlier in the day. We called down at 4pm to be put down for 5:30pm that night. Shuttle was clean and we were dropped off and picked up without issue.

That night we got back a little late 10:45pm. There was a party going on in the room 301 next to ours. They had the door open with people coming in and out from other rooms and floors. The other rooms were #106 and whatever the room next to the stairway on 3rd floor is. I know this because I could hear every single conversation going on in the next room. I was traveling with my young daughter and there was language being used as well as loud music. I ended up walking into the room bc their door was open and asking them to keep it down. The guy who was throwing the room party was trying to accommodate, but when you have a room full of underage drunk people... I then became known as the "shush lady" by the drunk females who would stop and yell that in front of my door.

Other than the inconsiderate next door neighbors, our stay was decent. All other hotels would have been double the price we got here. So, it's give and take on what you get.

Breakfast had many options and was very clean. Really good sticky rolls and a waffle maker. Plus sausage links, eggs with fresh salsa.

Room tip: 303 was in the end corner facing parking lot
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Oh my goodness! We do hope you alerted the night staff to the noise issue! We try diligently to keep our guests aware they are in closer proximity to others that may really need to sleep. We apologize that happened. We are happy you enjoyed the shuttle, it makes it so easy going to crowded events. No worry of parking etc. We also appreciate your comments on our breakfast. It is pretty yummy. We are so happy you chose us for your special trip with your daughter. We hope you do return, with no noise distractions!

Reviewed April 4, 2017

Booked this because of location convenient to what we came to KC to see (Nelson-Aldrich). My bad, I accidentally booked hotel through a 3rd party (booking.com) for the wrong day. It was past free cancellation when we noticed it. Luckily the hotel agreed to change my reservation to the next day. The overall price difference was $30 higher but that was understandable because of occupancy differences. Quite thankful for their quick accommodation to my error saving me $150. Hotel was bare bones on amenities and under construction. Room was quite and comfortable.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

We are happy we were able to accommodate you. It's easy to click the wrong button on the computer sometimes. We will not be bare bones for long! Our redo is about to be finished. We will be adding the finishing touches soon. We hope you return to see what's in store. We are happy you enjoyed your guest room! Thank you for letting us know about your stay.

Reviewed April 3, 2017 via mobile

This was one of those blind purchases on Priceline which is cheap because you don't know exactly which hotel you'll end up with. This was one of those times where if you'd known, the price still wouldn't have been cheap enough.
There are many nice 3/4 star hotels in the Plaza area but this isn't one. They're doing some lacklustre renovations to improve the place but I found it really depressing.
The business centre consisted of the reception guy letting me use their computer, the breakfast was cheap and a lady waits at the door wanting your free voucher to get it.
There's no bar and no restaurant.
There are much nicer options in the area frankly.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank ClaireT1721

We apologize you found us lackluster We have not put the finishing touches on our redo of the lobby. So I am not surprised you found it boring! The business center will be in the lobby and as far as our complimentary breakfasts, we usually get kudos on those. We serve real eggs, not fake ones. We have several selections of toppings for the eggs. We have yummy monkey bread, waffles, and link sausage as well. The breakfast attendant does ask for the vouchers you are given at check in.And we do this to protect you, our guest, from drop in non guests from eating up your breakfast choices. We are in the process of getting an alcohol license. We do usually serve complimentary snacks and frozen Margaritas at check in on Tuesday and Fridays. Hopefully you will return to check us out and we hope you will find us not lackluster anymore!