Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$144
$109
$164
Curio.com
  • Restaurant
816 Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$104
$169
$160
Orbitz.com
1,132 results
All reviewsmonkey breadsmall hotelnelson atkinsroom was cleanwalking distancewestport areaquick tripthe breakfast areahot breakfastfree shuttleconvenient locationyogurtwould stay againshuttle servicefree breakfastunion stationramon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This could have been one of the nicer of the 10 hotels we stayed at during our vacation. Definitely has the potential, but ... I would expect that spilled liquid in elevator and outside elevator (5 feet from front desk) would have been cleaned up and not allowed to dry to a sticky mess. Breakfast was okay, but breakfast room is way too small and tables not level, resulting in more spills. On plus side, internet excellent, rooms were very good, not far from downtown KC restaurants and night life. Good nights sleep.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
bwsevilleplaza, Owner at Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

Thank you for your comments,we appreciate it when guests let us know when they have a positive experience and when something needs attention. Yes, we are very convenient to many attractions and guests do tell us our beds are very comfy. The proper staff member has been alerted to your observation. We hope you can stay with us on another trip to KC.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed at this location for 4 nights while attending a nearby Conference. The Best Western is
located along Main Street and is convienent location to the Country Club Plaza area, and just
a few miles straight South of the Downtown KC area and the WW1 Musuem, Union Station,
the Federal Reserve, etc. This Hotel is right next door to a QT Gas station for snacks, etc.,
and across the street from a Liquor store with a large selection of products.

Free Parking is available in the front and rear of the Hotel, although the neighborhood behind
the Hotel is a little shady looking. They have a nice selection of coffees, and breakfast items. Staff was friendly and cooperative. I would stay there again. Thanks.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
bwsevilleplaza, Owner at Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank you for your positive comments! We are very convenient to many sites, shopping and dining options as you mentioned. We are glad you found the establishments close to us met your needs. We realize everyone is so busy, so we appreciate you spending some time to comment on us. We look forward to you staying with us in the future!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I considered quite a few hotels in Kansas City and selected Seville Plaza because of their offer of a free shuttle bus within a 10 mile radius. They don't bother mentioning it is only available on Friday and Sat. evenings. I felt ripped off. Rather than simply apologize and offer to pass on my comments, the young female desk clerk insisted on arguing about how it wasn't feasible to offer it all the time, ignoring my point about feeling misled. She seemed in general to be sullen and not very helpful. The other clerks were much better, more diplomatic. Otherwise the hotel was very clean and comfortable, great breakfast, very convenient to the art museums and dining/shopping.

2  Thank mzztravel
bwsevilleplaza, Owner at Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

We apologize profusely for your experience. We completely understand your frustration with the situation you encountered. This staff member is not reflective of how we treat our guests, and our desk staff has been changed. All of our guests are extemely important to us, and this is upsetting to say the least. If the shuttle is not available, our staff is instructed to call alternative transportation, and if within our 10 mile radius, the cost will be deducted from your bill with a valid receipt.Thank you for your positive commentis on our other ammenities. We wil pass along these comments to the appropriate staff. We appreciate you taking your valuable time to let us know about your stay. We hope you can stay with us again.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Good service, clean room, free parking. Hotel is showing its age and would benefit from some remodeling...

While the location is convenient the neighborhood is not all that impressive. At least, price is good and the staff friendly.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
bwsevilleplaza, Owner at Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We do pride ourselves on providing a great value for our guests. We do provide a complimentary shuttle on the weekends to local attractions, next time you stay with us hopefully you can utilize it.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I have stayed in lots of hotels, and this one did not live up to the reviews I have read on this site.
Yes, the parking is free, and there is a free breakfast (which I would avoid), but this all comes at a cost - or, loss.
We checked-in and the woman seemed to care less and acted as if we were inconveniencing her. We were in-town for a wedding, and the hotel had received a gift to give us from the bride & groom; they forgot and gave it to us when we checked-out.
The breakfast was awful, and the coffee was some of the worst I have tasted, ever. The room seemed clean at 1st, but it was very noisy, and there were ants crawling on the bathroom floor. I didn't even tell my Wife until we left, as I knew she would not react well. I was disgusted by it, but tried not to think about it. This hotel needs a serious update, overhaul and thorough deep cleaning.
It has been years since I have stayed at a Best Western, and now I remember why. I will never return to one again. Spend a few extra $$ and stay at the Marriott down the street.

Room Tip: The A/C turns on and off all night, which potentially blocks some of the noise outside the thin walls and windows. I'm not sure if there are good rooms?
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
bwsevilleplaza, Owner at Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

We want to apologize for any part of your stay that was not satisfactory. Our breakfast attendant should be advised if you are unhappy, so she may address your concerns. We will certainly make that department aware of your comments. Our coffee is from Kansas City's own Roasterie coffee. It is delivered daily to us. I'm sorry you could not enjoy it because we believe everyone should start their day with a good cup of coffee! Also, the property is inspected daily for unwanted little pests that we all encounter in our daily lives. We apologize some were sneaky enough to get by us! We will alert the proper staff member. Your package had been put into safe keeping so nothing would happen to it .But the sticky note with the instructions was not so sticky, but fortunately we knew it was yours! We pride ourselves on cleanliness, we consistantly use an inspection black light, and a UV sterilizer wand, as well as the "Clean Remote" tv control. Our housekeeping staff is required to pass multple tests for the I Care standards of cleaning. We will alert them as well to your comments. We want to thank you for your thoughtful comments and hope you have safe travels ahead.