“Needs new furniture. Furnishings were marred, chipped and...”

Kansas City-Worlds of Fun Hotel
Ranked #86 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

I only got this hotel because of the fact it was close to where i needed to be. Early wake up i asked for more towels, and i couldnt get them as i was at the front desk, i had to wait for maintenance to bring them. Then as i went back to the frint desk 4 hrs later and asked why our room didnt get cleaned, and they said he did???? Hmmmmm then why was my trash not taken out, and our beds not made..... then the guy came to the room inly to yell in front of my children, so i went back to the office just to get coffee cups he forgot, to watch them fired a poor lady over her not being able to make me an extra key for my husband.... but the maintenance can yell in front of my childen and not be fired.... i do.not recommend this place, and i will never stay here again..... horrible place EVER!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014
DaysInn-KCI_WOF, Guest Relations Manager at Kansas City-Worlds of Fun Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
First and foremost, I'd like to apologize about any miscommunication.
I've spoken to housekeeping/maintenance about your concerns. With appropriate review, we're working hard to ensure that all guests receive exemplary service.
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

My boyfriend and I got a room here for a week for his job. The room for the price was great, the bed was very comfortable. We asked for an 8:00 am wake up call to get to work on time, we got the wake up call the first morning we were there and then we were late to work by 1 1/2 hours the next two days because they stopped. We complained the first day and on the second day when we called the front desk to complain the front desk employee said " **** you" and hung up on my boyfriend. I called the cooperate office to make a formal complaint and then went down to the front desk. The employee admitted to saying this and offered no apology her excuse was the he was arguing with her and called her names, which was not true I heard the whole conversation. If they would have just done their job and gave us the wake up call we were promised there would never have been a problem, but then to lie and blame it on us??? Don't waste your money and time here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
DaysInn_KC, Guest Relations Manager at Kansas City-Worlds of Fun Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
We apologize about any miscommunication. Rest assured, all staff members
will provide positive guest service. Additionally, our wake up call system is correctly
working. Thank you!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

Pulled off interstate at 2am looking for a cheap room with 2 queen beds. For $76 was ok price, thinking brand hotel would be safe but place was really scary. Got family to room, son forgot blanket in the truck so ran back down stairs to get it. As I was opening the glass to rear hatch, 2 shady characters in elmer fud hats (seriously) come walking through the lot and really strained their necks to get a good look at what I was doing and what other goods I had in the truck. I quickly shut the glass and waited a second then had to follow them up the stairs where they proceeded to block the top steps where my room and family were. As I got closer it was obvious that neither had slept for days by looks of their eyeballs. One of the jokers proceeded to pound his fist into his hand while looking at me at which point I very loudly asked them "what's going on fellas". They were slightly caught off guard and I cut between them and went straight to my room. The sheets were not clean, were scratchy, and room was overall pretty disgusting. I tried to sleep in my clothes on top of the comforter. I did not sleep much as I was sure that my truck would be empty by morning, and you could hear people who presumably lived in the motel talking/swearing all night long outside on the walkway.

The two guys have no idea how lucky they are that they did not touch me at the top of the steps as I was carrying. Lesson learned, spend an extra $15 and get a room where you and your family can sleep without getting hassled, crabs or hepatitis.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Dustin G
According to our latest safety reports, our hotel provides
a positive environment for all guests. If any problems do come up,
guests need to contact the front desk. However, statistically speaking, our hotel
remains a safe place for all guests.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#2 of 4 in North Kansas City

Been to Kansas City-Worlds of Fun Hotel? Share your experiences!