“Great Room-Horrible Service...”

Ranked #88 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great Room-Horrible Service...”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

My boyfriend and I got a room here for a week for his job. The room for the price was great, the bed was very comfortable. We asked for an 8:00 am wake up call to get to work on time, we got the wake up call the first morning we were there and then we were late to work by 1 1/2 hours the next two days because they stopped. We complained the first day and on the second day when we called the front desk to complain the front desk employee said " **** you" and hung up on my boyfriend. I called the cooperate office to make a formal complaint and then went down to the front desk. The employee admitted to saying this and offered no apology her excuse was the he was arguing with her and called her names, which was not true I heard the whole conversation. If they would have just done their job and gave us the wake up call we were promised there would never have been a problem, but then to lie and blame it on us??? Don't waste your money and time here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
DaysInn_KC, Guest Relations Manager at Kansas City-Worlds of Fun Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
We apologize about any miscommunication. Rest assured, all staff members
will provide positive guest service. Additionally, our wake up call system is correctly
working. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Pulled off interstate at 2am looking for a cheap room with 2 queen beds. For $76 was ok price, thinking brand hotel would be safe but place was really scary. Got family to room, son forgot blanket in the truck so ran back down stairs to get it. As I was opening the glass to rear hatch, 2 shady characters in elmer fud hats (seriously) come walking through the lot and really strained their necks to get a good look at what I was doing and what other goods I had in the truck. I quickly shut the glass and waited a second then had to follow them up the stairs where they proceeded to block the top steps where my room and family were. As I got closer it was obvious that neither had slept for days by looks of their eyeballs. One of the jokers proceeded to pound his fist into his hand while looking at me at which point I very loudly asked them "what's going on fellas". They were slightly caught off guard and I cut between them and went straight to my room. The sheets were not clean, were scratchy, and room was overall pretty disgusting. I tried to sleep in my clothes on top of the comforter. I did not sleep much as I was sure that my truck would be empty by morning, and you could hear people who presumably lived in the motel talking/swearing all night long outside on the walkway.

The two guys have no idea how lucky they are that they did not touch me at the top of the steps as I was carrying. Lesson learned, spend an extra $15 and get a room where you and your family can sleep without getting hassled, crabs or hepatitis.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Dustin G
According to our latest safety reports, our hotel provides
a positive environment for all guests. If any problems do come up,
guests need to contact the front desk. However, statistically speaking, our hotel
remains a safe place for all guests.
Sedalia, MO
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Check in was very easy and the woman at the desk was very friendly and helpful. She upgraded me to a room with two beds which was missed in my reservation......... That is all that was positive about this place. I was staying here with a friend of mine while her husband had surgery at NKC hospital, We chose Days Inn because it is close to the hospital....................The walkways were filthy dirty. The rooms are in dire need of updating, but I don't see that ever happening. It was obvious that a lot of people "live" at this hotel and are not simply "guests". People working on their cars out in the parking lot, scary looking "vagrant" type people everywhere!! We were scared to even walk to our car. When the police were driving through the parking lot several times, we knew this wasn't a "good place".I would never stay here again, unless I brought my pitbull along for protection.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank AliasAnn
DaysInn_KC, Guest Relations Manager at Kansas City-Worlds of Fun Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
As we continue to grow, our goal is to offer positive guest service.
According to our latest quality control inspections, our property
is ready to offer beautiful rooms at competitive rates.

Guest Services.
Jackson, mo
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here one night, room 121. The room was clean and warm, out side temperature was cold. The room appeared to be maintained.

The morning front desk clerk was very helpful and accommodating. Even though their continental breakfast started at 6:00am he invited me to help myself at 5:15am since I was checking out and leaving town, fresh brewed coffee hit the spot on a cold morning.
The clerk told me about other Days Inn in the area and invited me to check them out on rates next time I am working in the area. He was really a great customer service oriented person.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the great review!
It was really nice meeting you... We hope to see you soon!

Have a great day!