“okay but not great”

Ranked #27 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Kansas
“okay but not great”
Reviewed February 25, 2007

We stayed here before flying out of KCI, it was okay. I was upset because we had five bags, a family of four, there were open downstair rooms but they made us stay upstairs, thats alot to carry up stairs, when asked for a downstairs she said ohh well those are for walk ins!! WHAT!!! It was great having a shuttle and the breakfast was early for early flyers even though the breakfast left alot to be desired!! Overpriced for the quality!

• Disliked — shuttle to airport
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 15, 2004

We stayed here for over 2 months, because we were no sure if we will relocate back permanently to MO or not, so my husband and I due to work stayed here with our 5 month old baby at the time. We personally got to know the enitire staff who were all friendly, the rooms were very very nice and clean, we did not have to pay for local phone calls, there was a pool, + nice furnishings in the room, and a great mattress which never gave me backache, so I slept like a baby...........for 45 + tax, extended say rate. I felt pampered for that price, I almost felt guilty. They knew us by the name, thy sent our mail, I never had problems of any kind. If anything went less than expected since things happen, they corrected it right away. I mean : great place, a great athmosphere, not to mention, if you want to meet genuine people, and great great restaurants, YOU GO TO KANSAS CITY !!! I am a sort of high class picky type girl, with a lot o spirituality though or at least I used to be ( staying at Hilton, traveling interntionally in my twenties due to my job ) but I realized long time ago: the warmth, and kindness, and service what matters. This hotel as friendly from the get go, from the very first day. Talk to the mngr. Mr. Patel, he is excellent, a very nice guy. People that you can talk to as a friend, a nice smile, helpful staff. I am in CA right now, and I wish there was a place like theirs, there is none over here. Thumbs up for Best Western North Kansas City, by the way the whole city jams ! Try the restaurants , and you'll know what I mean. A place that there is hardly ever anything goes wrong. Stay with them, and try the resturants nearby ( Outback steakhouse ) it's close to everything. And a great place to come back to to relax, or sleep like a baby. You see if you stay in a hotel for less than a 100 $ in CA, most likely you will be treated badly, or indifferently . Not in MO for 50. I adore the people over there. They should be bread, they are so so very kind and special to me... By the way :famous heart throb Brad Pitt is from MO to, he was born, bred and raised there...lol !!!!!!!!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 26, 2003

Stayed at this hotel on my most recent visit, for one it was cheap ($52 per night thru bestwestern.com) second, because it is decently close to the casinos (4 or so miles). Yeah it isn't the nicest hotel, but is was okay to sleep in, since that's all we needed a hotel for, but what does anyone else need it for? Continental breakfast was kind of lacking, included bagels, donuts, and milk and O.J. Not many nice places to eat around, but it doesn't hurt to drive to DT. Would stay here again, and even checked for my next trip to KC in October, but they were booked.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member