“Good Hotel”

Ranked #27 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Weaverville, California
“Good Hotel”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel in March, 2013. The staff was very friendly and professional. Our room was clean and OK for size, one king bed. As Diamond Members we expect the freebie's at check in but we were not offered any. Not a big deal but it does go to customer service. The hotel was quiet and the price was good for this hotel mid week. Overall a good stay for one night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Maple Grove, Minnesota
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We just spent the night traveling in a storm, most of the hotels in the area were upping their prices but not best western and that is why we chose this hotel. We have found that all the Best Western hotels we have stayed in are very clean and have wonderful beds to sleep in, and this hotel was that.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sandytrz1947
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 21, 2013

It wasn't the greatest Best Western...... I travel a lot for business and have stayed with all types of hotels... good, bad, and indifferent. I have stayed at several Best Westerns in the past and found my experience to be pleasant. However; this recent stay was quite different. The room did have the amenities I look for in a hotel..... Comfortable bed, flat screen tv, decent bathroom.
Yes, they have remodled from old to new but still has the old motel atmosphere.... I stayed for three nights and spent most of my time working on my lap top. Wifi was poor and constantly was disconnected. The continental breakfast was OK. The bagels were stale and not much of variety of fruit except some oranges that were rather soft and appeared to be old. I didnt have my room cleaned but when I asked if I could get more towels, shampoo and coffee. I was reminded by the front desk receptionist that, "This is NOT a FULL SERVICE HOTEL." If i wanted the towels ect I would have to go to the front desk and get them myself other wise it will take a long time for house keeping to bring them to me. May I remind you all that this day, Kansas had a huge snow storm and was snowing quite heavely outside and as this is a motel style building I had to go outside to get to front desk. The front desk lady seemed to be annoyed when I said I would wait...... Geez, I wasn't asking for room service, just some clean towels and bathroom necessities.In addition to all of this, I wasnt able to sleep late because I could hear peoples door slamming, people walking up and down stairs.... the list goes on. To my surprise it was NOT other guests that were making the noises but HOUSE KEEPING!!!! Dont be fooled this is a MOTEL not a HOTEL. When I checked out they failed to provide me with a receipt stating that they are unable to do so with prepayed rooms. If I wanted a receipt I would have to go online and print one out myself! I booked out and checked into another hotel that was more hospitable!!!
If you like motels then this is the place, but if you prefer to be treated as a guest rather than a tenant, go some where else.

Room Tip: Dont stay in room 201, it close to stairs and owner apartment. And dont stay in rooms on ground leve...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cedar Falls, Iowa
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The room had everything I like. Door opened directly to the outside. Fridge, microwave, hairdryer, coffie maker, iron, Flatscreen TV, Nice sized clean room and bathroom. Decent Breakfast, (not much fruit or pastries,) but did have make yourself waffles. The downside was the wireless internet would not stay connected. If i went to the lobby it would, but not in the room. It would stay on the network but not the internet. I was there for two days and it never really worked. I mentioned at the front desk they said they would reset the router but I think they forgot. I really use the internet when I travel. As much as everything else was good this wasn't, and Im not sure if I would stay here again. I stayed in room 211, not sure if it was a week signal as it went up and down then disconnect then reconnect then get on the internet then drop the internet then back down etc. I dont know if I was just in a deadspot or not.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We've stayed here for 6 nights. Pretty nice hotel. Great beds, microwave, fridge. Close to 35 and 10 minutes from downtown. Very convenient. We had a pleasant stay. Booked through Travelocity and paid $50 per night. Worth the money. Flatscreen TV.

Room Tip: Second floor facing parking close to reception desk (better internet quality)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Roseville, Minnesota, USA
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My two friends and I felt safe and well-cared-for during our 3 night stay in late December 2012. The room was basic and clean. One night it sounded like a war was going on in the room upstairs - for hours from about 2:30 - 5:30 AM, but otherwise we had peaceful sleep.

The breakfast room was small but inviting. The most noteworthy part of our stay was the friendliness and helpfulness of the front desk staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends