“Basic, pleasant hotel with very helpful staff”

Best Western Country Inn - North
Ranked #24 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My two friends and I felt safe and well-cared-for during our 3 night stay in late December 2012. The room was basic and clean. One night it sounded like a war was going on in the room upstairs - for hours from about 2:30 - 5:30 AM, but otherwise we had peaceful sleep.

The breakfast room was small but inviting. The most noteworthy part of our stay was the friendliness and helpfulness of the front desk staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed December 3, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have stayed here several times in the last two years, and have had an excellent experience each time. I would recommend Country Inn North very highly. The rooms are clean and well appointed, The continental breakfast is very good, with a nice variety of items. The location is great for my travel needs. Very quiet. Check in and out were easy and quick. I liked that there is a refrigerator and microwave in each room, which is a very nice amenity.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Very easy to find off the freeway....away from busy downtown ....check in easy and person at desk friendly ....room was clean and quiet....we usually stay Best Western when traveling and were not disappointed..

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed here twice - on the way to St Louis and on our way home from St Louis. We were in a different room each time, but the property was clean, the beds were very comfortable, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the in-room refrigerator and microwave were assets. I brought my laptop as I had some computer work to do, and the wireless connection was fast and consistent. I enjoyed my stay here. The only change I would make is the breakfast. I realize it was advertized as "continental" and I didn't expect a full selection, but it was mostly carbs. The only protein was cold hard-boiled eggs, which I do like, and the only fresh item was apples - and they were soft and mealy, which I do not like. Perhaps discontinue the breakfast and give motel guests $$$ off coupons for a breakfast at a local restaurant instead?

Room Tip: The rooms facing the street are quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Pleasantly suprised at the quality of the room, especially for the price. Very friendly staff, room was very clean, smelled great. Comfortable bed, fridge and microwave in room, easy access from IH-35, ample parking in well lit lot.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here for a night on our cross country trip. The hotel is economical but otherwise average.

The room was big enough and the bed was comfortable. There is free wireless wi-fi and a flat panel TV. Our tub didn't have a working drain stopper. When we took showers it kept closing on its own so that we ended up standing in a couple of inches of water. Other wise the room was okay.

The neighborhood is not the best although I don't feel that is the hotel's fault. It appeared that there were people living there full time and the room did indicate that it could be rented by the week or month. There were teenagers coming and going constantly from one unit. They were loud and obnoxious (typical for teenagers, I guess). They were hanging out in the parking lot and squealing their tires as they peeled out. This was in the evening. Not what we wanted.

There is a pool but apparently it is not heated. When we went to take a dip it was freezing! Too cold to swim in for us.

The room rate does include a free breakfast. There are fresh waffles, bagels, muffins, cereal, and fruit. Not great but adequate. Be warned, They do not have decaf coffee.

The place was okay overall. Next time I would probably look for a nicer area of town.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
#50 of 109 in Kansas City
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#2 of 4 in North Kansas City

Been to Best Western Country Inn - North? Share your experiences!