Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
2,517 results
All reviews evening reception made to order breakfast luke's hospital managers reception breakfast staff free shuttle complimentary breakfast shuttle service indoor pool ginger lois plaza westport atrium fountain
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When I booked the room, I asked several times that I wanted a specific room number. It was my wife and I's first wedding anniversary and we wanted to stay in the same room we did as last year. The person who booked my room put me on hold, saying they were calling the front desk to confirm that room number. They told me it was available, and that they would put a note on the reservation for that specific room number. I was again confirmed that the note would be enough to get that room and they told me yes. When I go to check in, the room I was booked into was NOT the room I specifically asked for and waited on hold for when I initially booked the reservation. It was 2 rooms down. I got no warning when the room I wanted was booked, and no phone call beforehand. My request was just utterly disregarded. The front desk was not helpful and just told me I was out of luck and that nothing could be done. That was the first problem, and my wife and I were already extremely frustrated.

The second issue was breakfast. It closes at 9am, which is too early. Not only that, but the food we received was rubbery and stale. The cook who served us food was also extremely grumpy and rude to us, and even to a kid behind us who just wanted pancakes.

The third issue was when we had a 'Do Not Disturb' sign on our door in the morning, but housekeeping came to knock on door, asking us to check out. Why would we be checking out in our hotel room, at 9:30am when check out was 11am? Frustrating to see our door sign ignored and housekeeping being pushy to check us out early.

To say the least, we are never staying in this hotel again, and when people ask us about our 1st anniversary, we will be mentioning how terrible this hotel is and how to never stay there.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Brittany E, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We are so very sorry you were promised a room and we could not deliver. We will use this as a training moment for all of our front desk staff to ensure guest requests are being taken seriously. We hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great place to stay. I came at a very busy weekend and it appeared that the kitchen had trouble keeping up with the number of people it was servicing. Dinner items weren't available and it wasn't identified until the order was being delivered, 40 mins later. I was more understanding than most

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is not a $200 a night hotel. Carpets are dirty, noisy heating system, no room service, bunch of drunks at the bar set off the fire alarm, error in billing took 20 minutes to fix, unfriendly desk clerks. Bed were good and a pretty good breakfast buffet.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed here for one night on a recent business trip. The check in process was very slow. But everything else was great. The location had a lot of places to eat within walking range. The rooms were large and clean. There is a big pool although I didn’t use it. The lobby is nice and the breakfast was good.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 14, 2020

Most of the staff are not friendly. There is black mold around the windows, the heating does not work in the bedrooms. The breakfast foods were not replenished at 940am when it's supposed to be served until 10am. Ginger in the kitchen area was the only helpful person working.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends