Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Plaza
Ranked #35 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
nebraska
“vacation”
Reviewed October 12, 2009

I would deffinately stay at this hotel again. The breakfast was awesome and the service was outstanding.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank rivera1967

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed October 9, 2009

This Embassy Suites hotel is no different then all the others. Great free drinks at happy hour from 5-7. Excellent Cook-to-Order breakfast. The price is right if you figure in the freebies. Only gripe is there is a bit of a walk to the plaza shopping compared to other hotels on the plaza.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Ahusker
Arkansas
Reviewed September 28, 2009

We loved the building and the room. The door between the bedroom and the sitting room was not adequate for cutting out the noise of the television but it did help with the light. The beds were comfortable and the staff tried to be very helpful. Although the name says Plaza, it is a bit of a walk to the Plaza for shopping but it is not too bad. We were on the 7th floor and the toilets did not flush well but I find that often staying on the higher floors. Happy hour was fun with great drinks but snacks were better at other Embassy Suites. Free breakfast with omelets made to order was a huge plus for us. I enjoyed my stay there and will stay there again when I'm in the area. Within walking distance out of the back door and through the ally were many nice restaurants.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stampaholic
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed August 2, 2009

Room was clean, and everything worked well wte of the bathroom fan which, as is almost always the case in hotels, unable to adequately vent humidity out of even this extremely tiny bathroom.

Room was a non-smoking room, but smelled of cigar smoke on arrival.

As anyone who’s stayed at an Embassy Suite knows they do offer some great ‘freebees’ … for
me those include the free breakfast and manager’s special.

The manager’s special was extremely disappointing – certainly the worst of any Embassy Suite I’ve stayed at. One small, tucked into a corner, bar with two bar tenders could not handle the forty to fifty or so people who gathered each evening. Additionally, the idea of ‘food’ was a popcorn machine and pretzels/fritos – I’ve always enjoyed heavy hors’dors at other ES.

Pool and hot tub always jammed with kids even in 'adult only hours', not enforced by the staff.

As a silver member of Hilton Honors I expected the customary bottles of water in the room with a nice note thanking me for staying … note was slide under the door first night … the only bottle of water in the room had a $4.50 price tag on it.

But, as on most trips the room was the room, a good place to sleep and relax after a busy day. Nice, yet small exercise room.

As I've been finding more and more recently Hilton properties are charging for in room internet access - $10/day is insane.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank PJHoffnet
Nebrsaka
Reviewed July 19, 2009

They did not honor silver card beneifts I am sorry to say but I have stayed at two other Embassy Suites one by KC airport and one overlandpark, KS this plaza is the worst . Read all the negative reviews they highlight our experince, bathroom very smal and bathromm sink located in the bedroom it does not make sense, I have stayed at a lot embassy suites and I can this is the only I would not stay at again. Again read the negative reviews they are correct, so slow elvators my daughter walked down from 11th floor. The only good about this motel was it was close to Plazza but I would have now rather stayed at other Hilton location
The parking was free but they had no security watching the vehicles
AJBC- B from Seward, NE

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank NebrsakaSkater

Travelers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

Erlanger, KY
Reviewed July 9, 2009

For the most part our stay here was fine, and par for the course for Embassy. What few inconveniences we had were not the fault of the hotel. The night we arrived we were informed there was a power outage. That obviously is not the fault of the hotel, and power was restored before too long. Also the hotel was extremely busy for the weekend, so finding a parking place on Saturday night wasn't real easy, and breakfast was extremely crowded Saturday and Sunday mornings. We were happy to see a lot of the crowds check out Sunday morning, so it was a lot less crowded Monday and Tuesday.

Breakfast was good, and the staff did a good job of keeping everything well stocked considering how crowded it was. I got an omelet each morning, and each of them was good. We were vacationing for a few days in KC and weren't around the hotel much to try the pool or evening reception, so I have no input on those. As advertised, the location is convenient to the Plaza and Westport.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Fullerton, Nebraska
Reviewed May 26, 2009

We just returned from a two night weekday stay. This property was old and needed renovations. Wow the "bathroom" was a toliet and tiny shower. Not even big enough to be considered the size of an RV's bathroom. The vanity (sink) was located in the bedroom. Not easy to quietly get dressed while another sleeps in.
The manager's reception was not impressive as it usually is at Hiltons. The breakfast only included cook to order omlets and burnt pancakes.
Upon check out we request a copy of our bill (none provided under our door the morning of check-out) and we were told since we book online (net rate) that one was not available. Weird. No matter how much pleading we were not provided with one. Please note that we are Hilton Honors members and we were not treated as such.
Beware. Maybe you should check out Hampton Inn for your stay. I believe it is actually closer to the Plaza and possibly nicer. We will not be returning to this property the only advantage of this hotel was its quietness (I swear we were the only ones there) and the free parking.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business