Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Plaza
816 Hotel(Kansas City)
  • Pool
  • Pool
1,976 results
All reviewsmade to order breakfastevening receptionmanagers receptionhappy hourluke's hospitalomeletbreakfast stafffree drinksfree shuttlewestport areashuttle servicethe breakfast areacomplimentary breakfastindoor poolgingerloisplaza
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Horrible place. Horrible customer service by the staff. Housekeeping kept knocking on my door every morning at 7am. They charged me for a bottle water that I never used and some bimbo at the front desk was arguing with me that there was a bottle of water in the room, which there wasn't. I guess that is a trick they use to charge you $5 more. But even if there was one in the room, as a silver HHonors member I am entitled to two complimentary bottles of water and the same bimbo was arguing with me again that this was not the case. Maybe she should read the Silver Member benefits at the HHonors website before she goes to work again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Evan M
scott w, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Good afternoon Evan M.

I responded and adjusted the Bottle water charge Sunday afternoon and did not want to further aggravate you discussing the other issues with your stay. Please accept my apologies and please note I will discuss the Housekeeping issues with Our Executive Housekeeper. Again I apologize for the several areas we fell short during your stay.

Scott Woidela
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed May 2, 2014

This must be one of the older Embassy Suites. The design of the suite had the sink in the bedroom, and the toilet/bath area was so small it was hard to close the door when you were in it. Otherwise it is in a great area of Kansas City. Halfway between the Plaza and Westport, two of the nicest areas of the city. On a nice day they are both in walking distance. All other aspects of the hotel are what you would expect from an Embassy Suites.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
scott w, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Good afternoon Dean C

We were happy to see that your stay met your expectations of the hotel brand. I cannot agree more that our locations between the Plaza & Westport are great areas to explore and enjoy. Although the bathrooms are small, the vanity sink outside of the bathroom does allow finishing getting ready while other guests may be using the shower. Thank you for staying with us and your patronage of our hotels.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

This hotel is wonderful. You can't be it for the money. Great suite, breakfast, reception with wine, beer, and alcohol. Gym has good equipment and they have an indoor pool. It is near many shops as well. You can't go wrong staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Dear Kim B

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments of your stay with the guests of Trip Advisor. We were happy that you found the hotel and its location to your liking. You are correct that the Plaza & Westport are very unique locations with interesting shops and restaurants. Hopefully your future travels will bring you back to Kansas City & Our hotel. Thanks again for your kind words and also for your continued patronage of our Hotel.

Scott Woidela
Asst. General Manager
Embassy Suites Kansas City Plaza

Reviewed April 30, 2014

This is a great location for trips to the Plaza and Westport establishments. We come here twice a year for a girls trip. We've always loved the staff, but there has been changes and don't really recognize anyone anymore. The hotel rooms in general need some updates, but our generally clean.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
scott w, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Good afternoon Dawn L

Please note that I shared your comments and comparison of staff from last year. I was pleased to see that you found our housekeeping staff and their work to your liking. Concerning the gift cards you had left we did have some turned in and I will contact you by email to confirm if they are yours. I apologize if you did not find favor with our security and management staff but we were only trying to keep the noise level at an acceptable level Friday & Saturday evening. Thanks again for your sharing your stay with the guests of Trip Advisor and also for your continued patronage of our Hotel.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We spent three nights here in mid-April. My second stay. Great staff throughout the hotel. Reasonably priced. The breakfast- included- is quite good, depending on tastes- I enjoy an omelette, so was always pleased. My spouse likes whole wheat toast, which wasn't available so she wasn't as pleased. The evening social event could use better snacks. The rooms are large- sitting room with TV, microwave, fridge, table, and couch and chair; very comfortable bedroom with bed, small, dimly lit bathroom, and glass, non-sliding doors. This is one of the quietest hotels I've ever been in- the six nights I spent here- in 2013 and this month- are among the best sleeps I've ever had in a hotel. Didn't hear a peep. Of note is the free shuttle service- quick, friendly- offered to area restaurants, bars, and shopping. Very convenient. Highly recommended. Pet peeve- $10 a night for WiFi, which we chose not to use. The business centre was good enough for our needs. Charging $11 per night for parking also seems like a cash grab...down the road, the Best Western doesn't charge for parking, and it was just as secure (used on a previous visit)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
scott w, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Good afternoon Donald T

Thanks for sharing your recent stay with the guest’s of Trip Advisor. I was thrilled to see that you had a restful stay but was disappointed in the additional parking & internet fees. Please note we have rates available for a minimal charge. Shame on the Breakfast staff for not getting your lovely wife whole wheat bread for toast from the main kitchen. This is unacceptable as I am certain it was available. Thanks again for your kind words about and for taking the time to share your stay on Trip Advisor.