“Excellent Customer Service”

Ranked #32 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Danville, United States
“Excellent Customer Service”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I would highly recommend this propety. The staff is very customer focused and cannot do enough to help you. Location is great and on site dining is a plus if you are not wanting to go out. Full service breakfast is excellent and its free!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

scott w, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Plaza, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Good morning Cody M

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay with the readers of Trip Advisor. I was happy to see that you took advantage of and enjoyed the several amenities we have to offer our guests. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you return to our hotel on your next trip to Kansas City.

Embassy Suites Kansas City Plaza

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2014

First time visitor to this Embassy location, just down the street from Country Club Plaza. The staff was great, the location is great, but the building is showing a lot of age. It is very typical of ES I see across the country, it is time for a remodel. Don't plan on using the pull-out as a sleeping option, they are never good at Embassy's. The breakfast is always good and the free drinks in the evening are a nice perk.

1 Thank travelnow39
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Outstanding customer service and quality - loved the free wine every night, restaurant food was terrific, rooms were very comfortable. Beautiful hotel. Omelette line in the morning was always too long so never got an omelette! two minor issues were resolved quickly by front desk (no creamer replenished with in-room coffee pot and ridiculous charge for in-room internet access - in this day and age that is just ridiculous and when I refused to pay they gave me the access code to get on, no problem). First time at an Embassy Suites and I would definitely go back and stay again. Very comfortable and every single staff member went out of their way to be pleasant and helpful - first class service! A++

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

scott w, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Plaza, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Good morning Jenniferhu435ozy

Thank you for sharing your detailed review with the guests of Trip Advisor. I was happy to see that you found our staff and Hotel to your liking. I will share your comments about the long wait for omelets with the Food & Beverage Director. Thanks for your patronage and I hope your future travels bring you back to Kansas City and our Hotel.

Scranton, Pa
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This hotel is absolutely beautiful inside, with a glorious fountain in the middle of the lobby and a unique pool area. We visited as a family and were very appreciative of the suites with a refrigerator and sitting room. The breakfast was delicious (lots of hot options, including customized omelettes). During the week, it seems to cater more to business travelers, but on the weekends, it turns into a family hotel. The location is excellent. It is a bit far for walking to the Plaza, unless you are a real walker, but it is two blocks from Westport, which, in my opinion, is way more interesting and has good bars and restaurants. Parking was easy, although the $11/day price tag seemed a little much. And the complimentary cocktail hour was an excellent perk! Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would definitely use this hotel again. (We stayed here about six years ago as well, when my cousin was married - the reception was held here).

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thanks for staying with us and sending Trip Advisor such lovely and thoughtful comments on your stay. Both are appreciated. I was glad to read you had a great experience at the hotel and that the staff did a great job of taking care of you during your visit. We appreciate your repeat business and look forward to having you return to our hotel on your next trip to Kansas City.
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Check-in was a breeze.The two-rrom suite was perfect for our weekend away with the kids. Plenty of room for everyone to have their own space. The fold out is not that confortable. My son ended up folding it back up and sleeping on the couch the second night. The pool was a bit crowded and a little cold, but the kids didn't seem to notice. The area was kept clean and plenty of towels at hand. The evening drinks were a nice addition. Friday night it was easy to get a drink, but Saturday night it was so busy the line ran all the way to the elevators. The great guys at the valet directed me to the nearest liquor store and I was back with drinks before the people at the back of the recieved their drinks. The valets were amazing help the whole weekend!!! Breakfast was busy both mornings, but very good! Sunday they had a second buffet line set up! They obviouslly reconized the need! Everything was great! Check out was quick and easy. The man that checked us out sent us home with coloring books and waters! Nice work Mister!!!

The only problem I had was with reviewing the bill once I was home. I had requested an upgrade if available. When I checked in I was told one was not available. No Big deal, but I was charged for one. $25 a night. I was told it was for a corner room with a view of Westport. The problem was we were not in a corner room and our view was of a parking lot. I was also charged for the $4.50 water we did NOT drink. I even put the water up where the kids could not reach.

After bringing these charges to their attention, they were quickly removed.

This hotel is in a great location. It was easy to get to LegoLand, Country Club Plaza and Union Station.

I would stay again. I will review my bill before leaving in the future!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
scott w, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Plaza, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Stephanie W

Thank you for sharing your delightful comments with the visitors of Trip advisor. We appreciate the positive comments and will make sure to commend our Staff on the service they provide to our guests. I apologize for the billing issue and please note it was discussed at length with our staff as a training issue. Again, thank you for the kind words and we hope you visit us again the next time your travels bring you to Kansas City.

George, IA, United States
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I absolutely loved the stay at this hotel. The pool was a bit cold but nice and clean. The hot tub was wonderful. The staff was fantastic and the breakfast was wonderful. I thought that the drinks at the reception were porr quality so my advice would be to stick with the beer. I will be back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

scott w, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Plaza, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Good Morning Tim N

Thank you for staying with us and for the kind words about the staff and your overall stay. I apologize for the temperature of the pool but the outside temperatures were abnormally colder and in fact set a record over a few days. I will speak to the engineer about this as it did tarnish your overall stay. I will also speak with the Food & Beverage director over your comments concerning the reception beverages. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you again when your future travels bring you back to Kansas City.

St. Louis, United States
Reviewed March 2, 2014

The "2-room suite" was a nice change to the standard hotel room. It felt much more like "home". Can't say enough about the complimentary breakfast, which is one of the reasons I chose this KC hotel. The made-to-order omlets were fantastic. There was a large variety of breakfast items, both hot and cold.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

scott w, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Plaza, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Good afternoon Craig F

WOW!! What a great way to start the week off by reviewing your stay with our staff. I did see your comment about the service being better than the High –end restaurants you had visited. I was happy to see that you liked the two-room suite which gave you the “at home” feel. Hopefully you enjoyed our evening reception as well which is also included with your stay. Thanks again for your comments and also for your continued patronage of our Hotel