“This is a fine place to stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Plaza
Ranked #33 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Cool, CA
“This is a fine place to stay”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We try to stay at Embassy Suites whenever we travel with friends. This one was especially nice. The rooms are always well maintained and the suite arrangement allows for different sleep/awake patterns for a couple. We like the breakfasts that are provided because the friends that we travel with often have dramatically different eating habits and morning schedules so the buffet helps everyone get started at their own pace and then meet together for the day's activities. It it surprising the varieties of buffet options are offered each morning. The counter staff has always been excellent and helpful -- no matter what time of the day or night.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BruinSeniorTraveler
scott w, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Plaza, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Good Afternoon BruinSeniorTraveler

Wow! Thank you for the 5-star review of your stay with us. I cannot wait to share your review with the Housekeeping, Breakfast and Front Desk staff! Your I.D. indicates that your comments are from an experienced traveler and our staff will be pleased to see that their efforts were well received. Again Thank you for your kind words and for sharing them with the guests of Trip advisor and I hope your future adventures bring you back to Kansas City and our hotel.

Embassy Suites Kansas City Plaza

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Bowling Green, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My wife and I attended the WKU Pep Rally at the Embassy Suites on the Plaza in K.C. The staff were very friendly and attentive to our every need while there. It struck me immediately that they had gone all out to make our Hilltoppers feel welcome and having grown up in Kansas City, I was very proud of what I saw.

Room Tip: We used the google trip app to locate the hotel but it's very close to the downtown Kansas City...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
scott w, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Plaza, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Good Afternoon Robert T

Thank you for your kind words about the Hotel and staff. You are correct that the importance of The Team, band, Cheerleaders and fans having a great experience was imperative and an entire team effort. I cannot wait to share your review with our staff as they wanted to create a welcoming environment for everyone. Thanks again for the review and sharing it with the guests of Trip advisor. I hope our paths cross again when the Hilltoppers make it back to the Tournament next year and beyond.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed March 27, 2013

It appears that the rooms have received some updates recently, although the lobby is a bit dated, while the TV picture was very good for sports, although I could hear the TV from my neighbor next door. All in, I slept well. My one complaint is that the shower could use more light. The staff was very helfpul with my business needs and in directing a colleague and I for dinner - it was a great suggestion - Oklahoma Joe's. I didn't do the cocktail hour, while breakfast was better than typical at Hilton properties.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
scott w, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Plaza, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Good afternoon CLEShawn

Thanks for the 4star review of your recent stay with us. I am glad that our Front desk was able to assist during your stay. I apologize for your neighbors loud TV, please do hesitate to let us know on future stays and we would attempt to get that issue corrected. Your comments that you slept well are the icing on the cake for a great stay! Again thank you for your kind words and we hope your future travels bring you back To Kansas City and our hotel.

Gurnee, Illinois
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed for two nights. The front check in staff were extremely friendly and helpful. They have a free shuttle to popular areas that we took advantage of. The only problem was the heater in the room. While it ran it would make clunking noises at random times. I had earplugs to wear which helped. I would have changed rooms, but we were with another couple and didn't want to make them change rooms. If we were going to stay longer, I would have said something.
The breakfast was wonderful. Fresh and great variety. We would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013
Good Morning landJ06

Thank You for your kind words about your recent stay with us. Our front desk team is truly concerned about our guest’s overall stay and your comments will reinforce their efforts. I am sorry to hear about the HVAC issue and please do not hesitate to let us know in the future so we can attack the issue while you are out or we would do our best to get you into a suite as close to your friends as possible. Again thank you for your kind words and for sharing them with the visitors of Trip advisor.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My kids love the breakfast, but we had trouble with the hot water, and we had to be relocated. My kids were also enthusiastic about the glass elevator. We were well located, right by my parent's house. Definitely a good place to stay

Room Tip: Get a high floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
scott w, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Plaza, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Good afternoon Zachary H

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am glad that the little human’s found our elevators to their liking. I also hope they got to enjoy our two- level pool that was recently renovated. Please accept our apologies for the hot water challenges and I was pleased to know that we were able to get you to a different suite. Again thank you for your kind words and we hope your future travels bring you and your family back To Kansas City and our hotel.

Derby, Kansas
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We've stayed here before, and always loved the room, the service and the common areas. Unfortunately, we went last weekend during the college basketball finals and -ahem- spring break.

They have a manager's reception in the evening - must have been a thousand people! And breakfast - don't get me started.

Friday evening, after escaping from the reception, we went to the bar - completely deserted. There, we found a quiet table and had nachos grande and a bruschetta plate, both excellent. Good service, a friendly island in the madness.

We'll definitely be back again, but we'll check the dates first!

Oh, and get a high floor - the hotel is right next to the emergency room of a major hospital, so sirens, sirens, sirens all night. Not enough to drive you crazy, but enough to definitely notice.

Room Tip: We stayed in a high room on the east side. A north room might be quieter. Also, try to get a room...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Morning Cliff P
Thank you for staying with us and offering your feedback! The last couple of weekends have been busy and hopefully with the success of the Shocker’s basketball team Wichita will experience some increased traffic. Next year. I wish you could see the Restaurant Manager and Chef's reaction when I share your comment about "the friendly island in the middles of the madness" along with your comments on our food offerings. Also I apologize for the Front desk staff for not briefing you on the best times for breakfast to avoid the volume periods. I will review this with our staff again. Again, I apologize for the challenges you had with your stay as we do value your patronage of our hotel.

Washington, DC
Reviewed March 21, 2013

To be honest, I've only ever come here for the Breakfast Buffet. My aunt and Uncle who live in KCK love to take us there. It is a beautiful hotel with great mediteranean style design and a lovely fountain in the middle of the atrium. The breakfast is very good, and you can see the pool from the lobby and it is lovely. I would recommend the breakfast, especially if you are with a group of picky eaters, as there are lots to choose from. It is reasonably priced as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank con_corazon
Good Morning Con_Corazon

Thank you for your delightful review! We are delighted that you enjoyed the Breakfast buffet while reconnecting with your aunt and uncle. The selection and pricing does add positively to being with relatives. The lobby is beautiful and we are very fortunate to have a talented staff to maintain it. Again thank you for your kind words and for sharing them with the visitors of Trip advisor.