“Stay away from resturant”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Plaza
Ranked #34 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Rogers, Arkansas
“Stay away from resturant”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Be very carefully of the resturant. I ordered 2 $9 meals and was told that the bill would be $32. I took the menu to the manager and he said that was just the way it was. When I asked where on the menu it said there would be extra charges. He again said that was just the way it was. Horrible custmer service and deceptive advertising. Buyer beware.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
scott w, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Plaza, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Mike V
I apologize for the displeasure you found with our Restaurant but you also did not mention that it was Room Service you had wanted to order. The additional charges were the gratuity and a delivery fee which is in line with the other hotels in this city which offer Room Service. You also wanted the Bleu cheese Burger which was more expensive than the Hamburger which was stated on the menu you had in your suite. We did inspect your suite and found that you had Restaurant menus and not the Room service menu. The Restaurant Supervisor and the bartender in the Restaurant apologized and explained the additional charges and even offered to set up the order as a takeout which would eliminate the charges but you hung the phone up on them. The Night manager also offered to buy you and your guest the burgers but you refused. We also offered you shuttle service to the restaurants in the Plaza and Westport areas which you took advantage of and seemed to enjoy. Again, I apologize for the issues you had with the restaurant but we did on multiple occasions attempt to correct this which you forgot to tell the readers of Trip advisor.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed here with friends during a very busy no-vacancy Kansas City Chiefs opening weekend. Our "non-smoking" room smelled heavily of smoke. When we asked at the desk about it, we were told they would look into it, but were not offered any sort of an adjustment or explanation. Our friends' room had a wild shower head and bad speaker on their TV. It may be time for a makeover on the floor where we were. Their breakfast is good, and the wait staff was hilarious and very, very helpful. We would stay here again, but would do a thorough check of the room before settling in. They have a shuttle to the Plaza, but if you are a walker, it's only about 1/2 to one mile to get there (depending upon where you are headed). The valet service was prompt and efficient.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
scott w, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Plaza, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Ms. Susan S

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I passed along your feedback with the hotel team and we are actively taking steps to freshen our guest rooms but apologize it wasn’t done sooner. I’ve also let our maintenance team know about the malfunctioning showerhead and television speaker. It’s nice to hear what a great time you had with our serving staff. We love that you noticed our team’s passion for their profession. Thank you for your time in reviewing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the area.
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I took a long weekend and stayed here assuming this Embassy Suites was like others that we have stayed at in the past, and I think years ago it might have been that way. The issues that we had all seemed like they could have been prevented with a little TLC and training.
The remote control in our room wasnt working so I called the front desk only to find out that the phone in our room had a bad cord and I could hardly hear anything. Then after dumping some melted ice down the sink we fould out the drain was clogged. Except for the phone we were able to get the issues fixed.
At breakfast there was a employee that was so loud he could be heard throughout the entire breakfast area. As he clearly had no intentions of working that day we all got to hear him discuss his newest tatoo! No one asked him to get to work or even be quite. Not the way to start your day.
When I stay at a Embassy Suites I expect a certain level of quality and this place just doesn't have it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
scott w, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Plaza, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.
Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Our goal is to make every guest feel welcome and comfortable. You are correct that the issues you mentioned should have been discovered by our housekeeping staff and corrected prior to your arrival. The breakfast employee should have been told to reduce the volume of his voice and concentrate on our guests versus his new body art and off work plans. I will speak to the breakfast manager and the individual as well. Again I apologize that our property did not measure up to the others that you have stayed at in the past and will share your comments with our staff. Thank you again; I appreciate your honest feedback.

Travelers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

Rock Island, Illinois
Reviewed August 30, 2012

By Far, the worst Embassy Suites I or my family have stayed at, and not a reflection on the Great Hotel chain it is. If I we on management team, I would take the sign down. Poorly managed hotel, front to rear. Bathrooms are smaller than a closet. They ran out of Milk
and coffee & juice for breakfast ! Come on Now, you dont know how many quest you have to plan for breakfast ! Even my 6 year old granddaughter said out loud, that this is really a bad hotel, she does know, she has stayed with me at 6 other Embassy's.
Not really close to shopping or downtown, as they advertise.
Extrremely disappointed ! And to Boot, Overpriced for other Hotels near downtown.

Room Tip: Go somewhere Else
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TMQTS
scott w, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Plaza, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Goodputter
Thank you for providing insight on your recent experience at our hotel. Guest satisfaction is very important to us. I sincerely apologize that some of the drink items were out of stock at breakfast. We are reevaluating our ordering process to ensure this does not happen again. We look for reviews to provide insight, so I certainly appreciate your feedback. I would hope you would take into consideration the two-room suite, Complimentary beverages and breakfast when comparing us to other hotels in the area. Thank you for providing insight on your recent experience at our hotel. Guest satisfaction is very important to us. I sincerely apologize that some of the drink items were out of stock at breakfast. We are reevaluating our ordering process to ensure this does not happen again. We look for reviews to provide insight, so I certainly appreciate your feedback. The next time you are in the area, we would love for you to stay with us again.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I had my laptop bag stolen from the breakfast area during my stay from 8/13/12 to 8/21/12. My rental car keys were in the bag. Even though I immediately informed the hotel of the theft, the staff failed to do a single thing about securing the car and let the thief drive away in my rental car from their gated parking lot. After seeing me talk to the police another hotel guest told me that she had caught someone trying to steal her video camera one day earlier. This indicates to me that theft is widespread at that hotel. Add dingy rooms and the money-making scheme that they call guest parking, and this makes it the worst Embassy Suites I have ever stayed at.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Paris, Missouri
Reviewed August 27, 2012

this place is very clean and comfortable. the pool was very nice and attractive and I especially liked the hours of the pool. They usually want to close the pool by 10:00 and that is just too early when you are out during the day doing other thing.
I enjoyed the happy hour and the breakfast. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
scott w, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Plaza, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear Mr. markels

Thank you for sharing your review with the readers of TripAdvisor. I will share your comments on with our staff which I know will make their day!. I apologize for the challenges you had with parking. We were the last hotel to charge for parking and the fee is the lowest amongst the hotels on the plaza. Please accept my apologies for staff not offering to valet your car (at the self-parking rate) when you could not find a space or at least offer to assist in finding a spot to park. Again, Thank you for your comments and I hope you future travels bring you back to Kansas City.
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The location was great for a business trip. I could walk to the meetings down the hill and go to some great restaurants up the hill behind the Embassy Suites. Breakfast and evening reception were very good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear WorldTraveler066

Thank you for your pleasant review of our Hotel. From your name, WorldTraveler, Your comments definitely carry some weight with the guests of TripAdvisor. I am glad that our location worked for you and you were able to enjoy the Country Club Plaza & Westport areas which we are close to. Again, Thank You for your comments and I would hope that if your future business travels bring you back to Kansas City You would stay with us again.