Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Plaza
  • Restaurant
$178
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$118
BestWestern.com
Best Western Country Inn - North(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$83
$72
816 Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$124
$101
$229
Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$111
Priceline
1,992 results
All reviewsmade to order breakfastevening receptionmanagers receptionhappy hourluke's hospitalomeletbreakfast stafffree drinksfree shuttlewestport areashuttle servicethe breakfast areacomplimentary breakfastindoor poolgingerloisplaza
Reviewed February 21, 2012

My family & I have been staying at this hotel 1-2 times a year since 2007. We've never had a problem and obviously return year after year. We stayed there 2/17-2/20 and I can honestly say I was shocked to find a new fee for parking. The parking lot had been secured and you now had to pay to park even as a paying guest. I let this go, but was irate when we returned from dinner Saturday night to find no parking. We had to park on a dark side street and walk with our 2 young children several blocks to the hotel. Believe me, I complained. Nothing was done.

The breakfast area is a disaster. There is no organization to the lines and placement of stations and you can barely walk around to get a glass of milk. I've stayed at many Embassy Suites and they seem to have the weekend crowds down, but not this Embassy.

Housekeeping does not come to your room until late afternoon, just when you are returning from your day out. Awesome timing when you have young ones that need to take a nap. The dirty room had to stay dirty for another day.

This hotel seems to have marketed themselves to the bachelor/bachelorette parties. We found remnants of decorations in our room (indicating a proper vacuuming job had not been done) and even inappropriate boxes and wrapping in the walkway the next morning. I'm no prude, but I don't really choose to explain to my 5 year old what a blow up doll is when I'm paying for a nice, clean stay in a hotel.

We will not be staying here again. Proceed wisely on the weekends.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SunSunSun06
scott w, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2012

Dear Guest
I apologize for the disappointing stay you had with us this. I also apologize for none of our staff offering to discuss our frequent guest program so you could take advantage of the multiple stays you have had with us over the last five years.
We were one of the last hotels in the area to charge for parking. The growth of the Plaza & Westport area had forced us to secure our lot for Hotel guests. We have procedures in place to automatically upgrade guests to Valet parking when our lot is full. I apologize that staff did not offer that to you when you complained that evening.
I am sorry that you had significant challenges with breakfast. I will speak to the staff over that area as there is no need to start your morning off with the frustrating experience you mentioned.
I apologize for Housekeeping not getting to your suite until late in the day. We can and would be happy to clean your suite at a specific time because of the little one’s nap time.
Lastly, we do not market ourselves to the bachelor/bachelorette market and we can and did enforce quiet times for the rest of our guests. I will address with our night staff the importance of policing the guest floors to dispose of the material you mentioned.
Again please accept my apologies for the challenges and frustrations on your return stay with us. I would hope you would reconsider and try us again on your next travel to Kansas City.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed here with a groupf colleagues on a recent business trip. The hotel is great, nice rooms, very tidy and clean. Great location, just a few minutes walk down to the heart of the Plaza.

The Manager's Reception is a nice touch.

The major downside for me was the noise. When you've taken a transatlantic flight and trying to get some sleep the last thing you need is the almost constant sirens - there is a large hospital just across the street.

If I was going back I'd try to get a room at the back of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back, away from the hospital.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
scott w, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Dear Mr. Hugzee
Thank You for your positive comments on your recent business trip to Kansas City. I will certainly share these with our team.
Concerning the challenges with the ambulance sirens, I hoped we were able to move you to another side of the Hotel to help You rest from the long journey.
Again, Thank You for Your positive comments and I hope Your Business ventures bring You back to Kansas City in the future.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Considering they have done "renovations," they wasted a lot of money because this place needs to be tore down and rebuilt.

First, the location is terrible compared with other hotels in the area. At other places you can walk to/from the plaza.

Second, this is the loudest hotel I've stayed at in a long time. When you are in the living area, you can hear tons of noise in the hallways. In the bedroom section, you get to listen to ambulances going to the hospital.

Next, Internet & parking are NOT free, which is ridiculous since the other hotels do have free parking and free Internet.

Finally, the renovations were only done part way. So it doesn't look polished or finished.

This is my 3rd week in Kansas City for work. I stayed at the Hampton Inn and Courtyard Marriott for the other weeks. I can't understand why people would pay to stay here when the other hotels are better and cheaper. I would not recommend his hotel and I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012

Dear Ms. ConbonKR

We apologize for Your disappointing stay with us. We do enforce a quiet time after hours and Your comments will reinforce our desire to keep the Guest noise at a minimum level after hours. We have rooms on the other side away from the Hospital and would have been more than happy to move You to that side to reduce the ambulance sirens from the hospital.
In regards to Parking and Internet fees, We have rates that include these and they are competitve with the other Hotels in the area. Internet is complimentary for our Diamond & Gold members with our Hilton Honors program.
Your concerns over the renovation will be reviewed with our management team.
Again please accept my apologies for Your stay and i would hope You would consider us again when your travels bring you to Kansas City.

A TripAdvisor Member
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Upon arriving at this Hotel, we were treated like royalty, and treated to a fabulous cocktail party. Our rooms were clean, the breakfast was super and the pool and hot tub were awesome.. Kansas City is a beautiful town during the holiday season and the location of this hotel makes getting to the Plaza and to Crown Center as well as the Power & Light district, a breeze. The help seemed to love their jobs so it made staying there a pleasure.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
scott w, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2012

Dear Traveler from Omaha

Thank You for Your comments concerning Your recent stay with us. I could almost see the smile on Your face as You were writing about our staff and the beautiful Country Club Plaza. You are certainly correct about or Staff and the location. They are both wonderful and we are lucky to have great Team members and a great area to work in. I hope you will select us again when Your travels bring You to the kansas City Plaza area.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

Great location near the plaza. We wanted to see the Christmas lights and this is not far from Crown Center either. The room was nice. The pools were very nice. Two different pools -and a very attractive pool setting. The service was outstanding. From the person at the front desk, the service man who fixed our television and the shuttle driver they were extremely friendly and got the job done. Only complaint is that the area were they serve breakfast is too small not nearly enough room to sit and kinda inconvient for accessing the food. They were very busy when we stayed there between Christmas and New Years. I did not need the wi-fi service but if I did I would hate paying for it.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Veann J

Dear Guest

Thank You for Your wonderful comments about The Embassy Suites Kansas City Plaza Hotel & Staff. The staff were delighted and excited to hear Your favorable comments. Please Note that we do have rates that come with complimentary Wi-Fi that are available for and very reasonable. Wi-Fi is complimentary for our Gold & Diamond members. Complimentary computer access is also available in our business center in the lobby. Again, Thank You for Your comments & i hope Your future travels will bring You back to kansas City.