“Return Visitors”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Plaza
Ranked #36 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed October 6, 2011

We travel to Kansas City almost every year for a tennis tournament and always stay at this hotel. It's close enough to the Plaza to walk (about 10 minutes) and just far enough away for some privacy.

There is a new parking system that only guests (you use a card key) can park which has greatly improved available parking since last year.

The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakast is the usual Embassy type (omelets, eggs, bacon, potatoes, ect) and is very tasty. We are usually gone during the Manager's Reception.

The rooms are very spacious. There is a seperate living room with a TV, refridgerator, microwave and the bedroom area is farily large too. Clean and well maintained.

This is always our go-to hotel when we visit Kansas City!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank denlie
Write a ReviewReviews (1,944)

Reviewed October 5, 2011

The Plaza Embassy Suites hold true to standards for the Hilton owned hotels. It is clean, nicely decorated and has a fantastic breakfast staff.

Check in was smooth & fast.

Room was comfortable, fashionably decorated and clean. Water was HOT, which is nice because many times in a hotel, it doesn't get hot enough for my preference.

Parking, $10 for self-park, $15 for valet, was available both outside & in an underground parking garage. Plenty of spaces were available on the Friday nite of our stay.

The breakfast line moved quickly and the selection was typical. We had no trouble finding a table.

Walk to the plaza is 4 blocks downhill, and shuttle service is available.

We will stay at this property again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MissBette
Reviewed September 17, 2011

This Embassy Suites lives up to my expectations as a good hotel for travelers. Rooms large and quite. Breakfast very good. The managers special in the evening (free happy hour) should not be missed. Close to the plaza and lots of good restaurants and shops for evening walking.

Room Tip: Pick a high room since it is close to street traffic
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank johnwGA
Reviewed September 12, 2011

room is so nice-has a seperate liv rom with tv & xbox..door to the bedroom with another tv..granite countertops..wonderful cooked to order breakfast with the friendliest worker cleaning up the area. Then free drinks from 5;30-7:30...great location to the Plaza & they have a shuttle to Plaza, so you can eat/drink & be driven!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank redstapler
Reviewed September 9, 2011

I stayed two nights here in mid-June. During my two nights my wife and i were both bitten by bed bugs. My wife and I didn't realize we were bitten until we got home. We usually check the beds at any hotel, but we assumed we were ok because of it's "Embassy Suites". Well that' wasn't the case. We now have to get our entire apartment de-bugged. $600. Don't stay here and if you have no choice, check the bed before you bring your stuff in. We were in RM 817. I also have been dealing with the general manager Darren Chadwick. He started being very helpful and humble, but as soon as money was brought up he is now very hard to get a hold of and hasn't return a call.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank tvd285250
Reviewed September 3, 2011

I stayed there for a business conference meeting in the building and found it to be very nice, though not located on the Plaza (a block or two north). The room was very nice, clean and well decorated and maintained. Having a bit of an issue with heights made me "hug the wall" walking through the corridor (it is open around a central atrium and I was on the 12th floor), but there was room to do that, so I wasn't too freaked out by it. I have two complaints: the humidity was AWFUL inside (must have an indoor pool or really poor dehumidifiers on the air conditioning or both)... even saw what appeared to be mildew on the ceiling in the atrium...had to crank the a/c to 65 to get any relief... and the iron should've been inspected/replaced before I had to call to get a new one (which they took care of after about a 30 minute hunt for them/delay for me). I'd probably stay there again (preferably not in summer, though), but I'd check all the equipment the night before any meetings (make sure the iron and the hair dryer, etc. work). The internet service worked only at the room's desk too... not convenient and not fast... disappointingly slow especially for $10 per day.

Room Tip: Stay off the low floors...noise would be an issue otherwise, I imagine.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 29, 2011

It is what you'd expect from an embassy suites, and more than good enough for the price. The staff is lovely, the gym is well equipped and clean, the rooms are spacious but the bathroom is particularly small. Also, the living room area is poorly lit, paying for parking in KC is ridiculous, and the hotel is not equipped for a weekend full house (I actually waited on line 20 minutes for an omelet). Also note that the hotel is about a 1/2 mile walk to the plaza, not directly on it. All in all, for these amenities at this price point Embassy Suites is not your best choice on the plaza.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Travelers also viewed these Kansas City hotels
Hampton Inn & Suites Kansas City Country Club Plaza
Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel
Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza
InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza
Courtyard Kansas City Country Club Plaza

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Kansas City - Plaza? Share your experiences!