“Great Deal through Priceline”

Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza
Ranked #19 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed July 14, 2010

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel. I found the bed to be comfortable, my room to be clean and the staff to be friendly. I really liked the setup with the bedroom being separate from the sitting area. I enjoyed the pool area with both indoor and outdoor pools.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
EdStevens, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2010

We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thanks for your kind comments and the positive review!

We appreciate you choosing the Sheraton Suites and hope to be of further service to you in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza

Reviewed July 13, 2010

This hotel is often available very cheaply through Hotwire, where it is advertised as four stars, but it is clearly not that any more. Room had worn carpet, a hairline crack in the sink and a sliding door between the bedroom and bathroom that would not shut all of the way. However, the place was quite nice and the suite was roomy. At less than $70 through Hotwire, I was fine with the value I got. Room was very clean and staff was excellent. Location, on the edge of Country Club Plaza, is just great. The place just needs a little touching up.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

We want to take the opportunity to thank you for providing feedback. As you mentioned our strengths at the hotel, we are so happy to have met those needs. We do apologize for your room not living up to your expectation. We have addressed these areas of improvement and are continuing to make every effort to improve our products.

Always at your Service,

Ed Stevens,

Reviewed July 12, 2010

Stayed on the 12th floor. Nice views. Easy access to the Plaza/Shopping and Dining.
Nice LCD TV's in Lvr Rm & Bdrm. Beware of the hidden [unadvertised] parking fee $12.
Price-Line a room if you can to get a better value.

Reviewed July 7, 2010

Location can't really be beat - easy stroll to Country Club Plaza's restaurants, bars, shops, etc. Otherwise, not much to brag about for a place that pretends it is 4-star. Housekeeping failed on all three nights (i.e. at least one significant thing needed remedying). They charged $12/night for self parking but the gate was up all weekend, so anyone could - and did - park there, so we usually had to drive way down to get a spot. Very poorly lit garage. The sheets on the bed were very cheap. The sofa is very, very cheap an uncomfortable.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
EdStevens, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2010

Allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for your patronage of the Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza. It is through input of our valued customers, such as you, that we are able to constantly evaluate our employees, our systems and our policies.

I do apologize for the challenges you experienced with our housekeeping department and your observation of our parking garage. You may rest assure that I have addressed the situation with the appropriate department heads and will use your comments to redirect our service levels.

I would like to thank you for letting us know where improvement is needed so that we may continue to improve our product and service. We hope that on your next stay in Kansas City will be able to meet your expectations.

Always at your Service,

Reviewed June 30, 2010

This was our first trip to Kansas City and we had really been looking forward to our trip. My husband and I were traveling with our children, my mother and our best friends and their three children. When we arrived at the hotel it was extremely hot. The air conditioning was not working in any of the common areas of the hotel. With it being so humid outside, I knew this was not going to be a pleasant stay but I was willing to give the hotel a chance. Once we got to our room - I was feeling a little better. The room was decent. I was given a rate of $209 over the phone. I asked the lady on the phone if the room was any different than the rate of $159 that was given over the internet. She said that the room of $209 would have "nicer amenities" and that the couch and furniture would be nicer. Seeing that my 65 year old mother would be sleeping on the couch, I thought going with the nicer amenities would be worth the extra $50 a night. My friends and their three children decided to go with the $159 rate because they were not concerned with the "upgraded or nicer amenities." To my surprise, our rooms were EXACTLY the same. The couch, the furniture, the layout of the room - all the same. So when I went to check out at the front desk after our four-night stay, I asked the young lady working the desk if we could get our rate adjusted to $159, the same as our friends' room since they were exactly the same. I told her that I had called and asked if the room rates were different for a reason and was told about the "nicer amenities" and she told me that ALL their rooms were exactly the same and that I would never be told that. I asked her if she was calling me a liar and she did not respond. I have never had such a rude experience with a front desk person. I was not there to cause trouble, I simply wanted to know why we were paying $200 more for our stay, when our friends were in a smiliar room, we booked our rooms on the exact same day, etc. She was so rude and unfriendly to me that I was very uncomfortable. She did make the $200 adjustment to our bill but it was not without humiliation and several rude looks before she did it. After I walked away from the counter, I decided to speak with the hotel manager. A very nice man came out of the kitchen of the restaurant and asked how he could help me. He told me that he was the food & service mananger. I told him that I had hoped to speak to the hotel manager - ( I had no complaints about their food, we actually found their food to be one of the highlights!) but he said that he "wore the hat of hotel manager" sometimes. So I told him my story and he could not have been nicer. He was very kind and apologized for the situation. I did tell him though that we would never stay there again. After the lady at the front desk basically called me a liar - I decided that we will stay elsewhere on our trips to KC.
A few other problems we faced at the Sheraton: room keys kept getting de-magnetized or erased. We had to go down for replacement keys several times, or just use one. We were over charged for internet access. We paid for three days and it came up with an error. So my husband went back and did it again. His card was charged again. So basically, we paid for six days but after three days, the internet cut off. None of the vending machines worked. They took your money and gave you nothing back.

It's too bad that our experience was so bad because the location of the hotel is nice - and the food/service manager was super nice - but other than that, it was not worth the stay to be treated so rudely and have the problems that we did.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Please accept my sincerest apology for the challenges you experienced during your visit at our hotel. I would also like to thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay. It is only through this sort of feedback that we can hope to correct any issues that we may have and make the stay better for the next guest.

We have addressed the issues you encountered during your stay. We apologize that our Club Level services were not accurately described at the time your reservation was made. We had hoped that the adjustment in rate that was made as you were onsite would help with this uncharacteristic stay at our property. We hope that on your next stay in Kansas City will be able to meet your expectations.

Always at your Service

Reviewed June 16, 2010

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel last summer and loved it so much we are planning another trip to Kansas and will stay at this hotel again in August. I love the layout of the room and the location near Country Club Plaza.

• Stayed: August 2009
EdStevens, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we connected with you. We are always happy to receive feedback from our guests in regards to their experience spent with us. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed May 18, 2010

I booked this hotel for my wedding night, and it's also the hotel that my out of town guests stayed at. When I blocked out the rooms, they were really helpful, and kept in touch with me well. They also allow guest bags to be dropped at the front desk for no additional charge. The rooms were really nice (and since I was in 3, I got a pretty good idea), clean and comfortable.

But, customer service could use a lot of work. When I came to drop off my guest bags, I was not offered any help, despite the fact that I was clearly struggling to carry them all. Then, I was not allowed to leave a guest bag for a guest that had somehow not booked with my block of rooms, even though I had his confirmation number. Since he was the Best Man, I really needed to be able to leave him his itinerary but was told I could not.

When we arrived to our own room on our wedding night, again, no one offered to help us. In my wedding dress, my new husband in his tux, both of us carrying things from the wedding, we were not even greeted, much less offered assistance.
The bottle of champagne we had arranged ahead of time wasn't there. When we called down, we were told we could go get it from the bar. When we explained it was our wedding night, and we'd really appreciate it being brought up, we were basically told too bad, go get it yourself. Considering we brought them a lot of business that weekend, the fact that they weren't even polite to us was pretty shocking.

So. the room was fine, the location is great, but the service could use a lot of work.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
EdStevens, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2010

Thank you for providing us your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I sincerely apologize for the lack of costumer service you mention and that my staff was not attentive to you needs. Although I am not certain as to how you were overlooked but I assure you that I have communicated this with my Front Office Manager and the importance of first impressions.

Again, thank you for your comments and we do hope to see you again in the future.