“Great place to stay”

Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza
Ranked #17 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Stayed for three weeks on a business trip and was impressed by just about everything. The building was easy to find and located within easy walking distance of numerous good restaurants, shopping, parks, museums and street corner jazz bands.
The Sheraton was nice and had many services for the guests available such as underground parking, swimming pool, Breakfast/evening appetizers, newspapers, coffee and of course friendly and knowledgable staff.
I would also make a good review on their restaurants cuisine and a great review of the Bartender named Tara for her attentiveness, knowledge, patience and killer Martinis.
Without a doubt I would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: All rooms are probably equally great and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Ted F, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Thanks for staying at the Sheraton Suites on the Country Club Plaza and sending feedback on your stay. It was good to read you had a good experience at our hotel. The hotel staff strive to deliver an excellent guest experience to all of our guests and I was glad to read they did a good job of delivering that experience to you. Tara does a great job at the hotel and I am glad she was able to provide great service to you during your stay. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return to our hotel on a future visit to Kansas City. Ted Frerking, General Manager

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I had our Valentine's Day weekend here. We'd been to the plaza many times and always wanted to stay at the Sheraton. From the outside the place looks nice, but our room was outdated and small. We had a king suite. We also were excited for some pool time, but the pool was dirty and the hot tub was very old, it worked, just wasn't at all what we were expecting after what we paid for it. The next time we were at the plaza we stayed at the Marriott and had a great view and a great time.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrsTonn
Ted F, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Thanks for staying at the Sheraton Suites on the Country Club Plaza. I was disappointed to read your experience at the hotel was not excellent. I do apologize for the items you mentioned that you encountered during your stay. I fully understand how your experience can be negatively impacted when the room and pool condition is not as expected and for this I do apologize. We appreciate your business and hope to have you return to our hotel on a future visit to the Kansas City Country Club Plaza. Ted Frerking, General Manager

Reviewed May 28, 2014

OK, we had one incident with the hotel. We left at 8 in the morning, came back at 5 and our room was not made up. I called guest services and was told by the young woman answering "not to raise my voice with her" and she hung up. I didn't raise my voice so that made me mad. Eventually after more phone calls our room was made.
The rooms themselves are nice, clean and large. We were on the top, the 18th floor and had a nice view facing west. We didn't use the microwave or coffee maker in the room, but we did use the fridge. Wireless access was strong throughout the room.
You will have to pay $15 a night to park your car, unless you want to park across the street in the free Plaza parking or on the street a few blocks away.
The bed was large, soft and great to sleep in. The room was totally quiet with absolute blackout curtains if you need to avoid that horrid morning sunshine/hangover combo.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $ per night if you are staying a few days so that you will have access to the club lou...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thanks for staying at the Sheraton Suites on the Country Club Plaza and sending feedback on your stay. It was good to read you had a good experience at our hotel. The hotel staff strive to deliver an excellent guest experience to all of our guests and I was glad to read they did a good job of delivering that experience to you and your family. Sorry about the late cleaning of your room one day. I was glad to read they did get it cleaned for you quickly upon your request. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return to our hotel on a future visit to Kansas City. Ted Frerking, General Manager

Reviewed May 26, 2014

I wasn't thrilled with my stay at this hotel. The location in Country Club Plaza is good, as many things are within walking distance. However, the rest of my experience could have been nicer. The suite was sizable, but had a musty smell that was less than desirable and ever-present. There were odd stains all around (what was that giant one on the lampshade?), and the bathroom was rusty and peeling. In addition, the hotel garage (which you have to pay for) is very, very dark during the day or night. I would not go down there alone.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thanks for staying at the Sheraton Suites on the Country Club Plaza. I was disappointed to read your experience at the hotel was not excellent. I do apologize for the items you mentioned that you encountered during your stay. I fully understand how your experience can be negatively impacted when the room condition is not as expected and for this I do apologize. We appreciate your business and hope to have you return to our hotel on a future visit to the Kansas City Country Club Plaza. Ted Frerking, General Manager

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel a few times and I keep going back because of the location and it is a full service hotel at a decent price. I keep hoping they will renovate and upgrade but they still have left it as it has always been. Rooms are very small to be "suites" and the bathroom is horrible unless you're staying there by yourself. Two people could not be in this room at the same time...very small. Also, I wish the Starwood group would get away from Starbucks coffee - it's just awful. I think I will try to find something else next time we're in town.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thanks for staying at the Sheraton Suites on the Country Club Plaza. I was glad to read you found the staff to be friendly and helpful during your stay. I do apologize for the issues you experienced with the condition of your room during the past stay at the hotel. Our hotel is in a great location within walking distance to all of the shops and restaurants on the plaza. We appreciate your business and hope to have you return to our hotel on a future visit to the Kansas City Country Club Plaza. Ted Frerking, General Manager

Reviewed May 22, 2014

When we look at staying in KC, we always first look at the Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza. Hotel and staff are wonderul. Location is a major plus. You can park and walk to shops and restaruants - which a plentiful! Excercise in the fitness center or head down to the canal. Great place to stay. We will return!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thanks for staying at the Sheraton Suites on the Country Club Plaza. I was glad to read you had a good experience at our hotel and everything was comfortable during your stay. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return. Ted Frerking, General Manager

Reviewed May 19, 2014

First of all, despite some hooplas we had a wonderful experience at the Sheraton Suites Country Club in Kansas City. Sheraton Suites is central to the Plaza area, within walking distance to all the shops and restaurants, very clean, food in the restaurant was exceptional – breakfast was very good, suites are spacious and the beds’ comfortable. Most notable for our experience was the front desk receptionist named Erica. She was a gem. Her professionalism and customer service skills are incomparable. As many times as we’ve stayed in hotels, Erica ranks among the very best with regards to handling adversity and dealing with irate guests. Even while working alone at the front desk on a Sunday morning with a line of guests checking out, locating luggage carts, staffing the coffee station, and answering customer telephone calls – Erica efficiently handled it all with a smile and positive attitude. Since the water was shut off earlier that morning in the entire hotel – I guarantee everyone checking out had a mouth full – and Erica handled each one with respect and understanding. As I observed her interact with each customer, I couldn’t help but notice how well she defused the complaints and won the customer over. When I got to the front desk and mentioned some of the hooplas we had during our stay to Erica – again she was considerate and when my wife and I departed we knew we would return to Sheraton Suites on our next trip to Kansas City. Not because of the hotel, location or food; but simply because of their front receptionist named Erica. Sheraton – you should be proud of that young employee. She is empowered, made good decisions that morning and in my opinion is an up and coming star performer in your organization.

Room Tip: Try to get a view of the Plaza area.
1  Thank Keith B
Ted F, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Thanks for staying at the Sheraton Suites on the Country Club Plaza. I was glad to read you had a good experience at our hotel and everything was comfortable during your stay. I will share your positive comments about Erica's service with her. She does an outstanding job at the front desk and all of our guests love the service she provides. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return. Ted Frerking, General Manager