“Good stay and a great location”

Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza
Ranked #17 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Stayed here two nights while in town for Big 12 Tournament. Our party included two adults and two children (10 and 12). We had a two double bed suite with a pull out sofa sleeper--we had plenty of room. The room was clean. Staff that we interacted with were polite and professional. The hotel is in a great location...just next to the Country Club Plaza...plenty of shopping and dining. The fitness center was excellent...had free weights and treadmill/elliptical/stationary bike. The only negative was the pool area...the pool was rather cold and the hot tub/whirlpool was cold as well....both should be kept at a warmer temperature. Would have rated the hotel as excellent if the pool area was better.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank OK_FB_FANS
Ted F, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thanks for staying with us for your visit to Kansas City for the Big 12 basketball tournament and providing your comments to Trip Advisor on your recent stay. It was good to read you had an excellent experience at the hotel and had an enjoyable visit. We strive to provide all of our guests with a great experience and I was glad to read we exceeded your expectations. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again on a future visit to the Kansas City Country Club Plaza.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Great staff and people! Wanted to recognize the following hotel staff for their professional, exemplary service and help: Terri Warren, Debbie Reichman, and Kevin Bower. Very clean and safe hotel. Location is at the Northwest corner of the Country Club Plaza--great restaurants! Highest floor, facing West tend to be the quietest floors. Rooms have everything! PSL

Note: You are not charged for the nightly parking ($12/nt) if you have a car and stay there; simply put the 'slip' they give you at the check-in counter on your car's dashboard.

Room Tip: HIghest floor, facing west are the quietest (i.e., facing pool side).
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thanks for staying at the Sheraton Suites on the Country Club Plaza and sending your feedback to Trip Advisor. I was glad to read you had a great experience at the hotel and that Terri, Debbie and Kevin did a great job of providing you with exceptional service. All three of these associates have been at the hotel for a long time and they do a great job of taking care of our guests. The hotel is located in a great location with easy access to all of the plaza area and I am glad you were able to enjoy your visit. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Great hotel excellent location i would give it five stars.we stayed for three days and had a great time. We were greeted like family upon entering every time. Our maid Melanie made sure we had plenty of towels and coffee. The whole staff was very friendly. Also hotel is located around plenty of great restaraunts and shops within walking distance. We will stay at this hotel everytime we are in,the area.

• Stayed: February 2014
Ted F, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thanks for staying at the Sheraton Suites on the Country Club Plaza and sending your feedback to Tripadvisor. Both are appreciated. I was glad to read you had an excellent experience at the hotel and the service and accommodations exceeded your expectations. We have a great hotel in a great location with easy access to all the shops and restaurants on the Country Club Plaza. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We booked this hotel through a discount site and were concerned because of some negative reviews. We had nothing to be concerned bout! The hotel is fantastic with very nice guest rooms that are two room suites and pet friendly. Check in was quick and easy and every staff member was friendly and smiling. The hotel is close to a lot of attractions which made it a great spot to see the city. We also requested and were granted a late checkout without a problem.

Great staff, great location, and large rooms!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Ted F, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thanks for staying at the Sheraton Suites on the Country Club Plaza and sending Trip Advisor comments on your stay. Both are appreciated. I was glad to read you had a great experience at the hotel and that the staff did a great job of taking care of you during your visit. We have a great hotel with great staff in a great location. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you return to our hotel on your next trip to Kansas City.

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for our wedding guests for a New Year's Eve wedding. Many of our guests were from out of town and this was their first time visiting Kansas City. I thought this would be a nice way to welcome them, as the rooms looked nice when we toured them. I should have known something was up when people started complaining that they couldn't get the negotiated rate and that the coordinator for sales for the Sheraton did not update me on any of this or provide me a timely update on how many rooms had been booked and didn't open up more until I had to call myself-- more than once.

When my guests arrived at the hotel, they staff at the front desk was extremely rude and unhelpful and uninterested in helping them when they asked for early check-in so they could get to the wedding rehearsal. I had more complaints about this hotel and that check in was 'a total mess' and valet was 'a disaster,' than anything else.

I will never recommend this hotel to anyone ever again and if you are thinking of booking wedding guests here-- turn around and find something else.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Elizabeth R
Ted F, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thanks for hosting your wedding event at the Sheraton Suites on the Plaza. We appreciate your business. I apologize for the confusion your guests received with the group wedding block. When the block of rooms you reserved is released after the reservation date and guests try to book rooms after this it can sometimes be confusing and for this I do apologize. I hope once your guests got settled you had a great hotel experience and a wonderful wedding. Thanks again for staying with us!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I have tried contacting this hotel via direct phone call (nice person on the phone said that he completed a form which would be sent to the appropriate person, whom he assured me would contact me within 4 or 5 days - in my industry that is completely unacceptable timing, but as of yet I still haven't heard from them and it's been 5 days), via an online request and also tried through my inside channels (I work in the restaurant industry in Chicago). Since I was trying to take advantage of a trip from Chicago to Kansas City to view the property, this is yet another inconvenience. I guess I'll find another hotel to use for my guests.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank akasha413

Thanks for sending your comments to Trip Advisor. I do apologize for the delay in getting a sales person to contact you back in regards to your wedding needs. I don't know why you were not directed straight to the sales office so someone could assist you right away but I will reveiw and get this corrected. I have instructed my sales team to contact you and offer assistance. Hopefully we can get this resolved and provide your guests with some great wedding accomodations. Looking forward to hosting your event.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

It has been a while but I used to stay at Sheraton's often. I am a member of their loyalty program. My family has stayed at the Sheraton Crown Plaza recently and had a lovely time. Can't say the same for the Sheraton at the Plaza. Simply put, don't bother staying here. Go just across the street and check in to the Hampton Inn. You'll have a much nicer experience and save some money.

It seems the management at the Sheraton is all new (less than 2 months- General Manager, Front Desk Manager, Food Service Manager) brought in to turn a poor property around. I wish them luck but there is so much work to be done. The rooms need repair and updating, badly.
No hot water the day of our departure. Food was mediocre at best. No doorman available to assist at the door. Seems he is now stationed at the desk for some reason.

As a Starwood Preferred Member, you expect a couple of things, like housing on the Starwood Preferred floors maybe. Not here. Talked with another member on the elevator and asked about the quality of her room. She too was disappointed overall.

All the staff we encountered were friendly and tried to be helpful but it seems they could only go so far. Pity the conventioneers coming in the day we left. This was not a Sheraton experience.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Ted F, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thanks for staying at the Sheraton Suites on the Country Club Plaza and sending your comments to Tripadvisor. I do apologize that your hotel experience was not excellent and you were disappointed with the room quality. We are scheduled to get a complete hotel refresh in 2014 which will be a great benefit to our guests. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again on another trip to Kansas City.