“Failure at trying to book the hotel for my wedding guests”

Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza
Ranked #21 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Chicago, IL
“Failure at trying to book the hotel for my wedding guests”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I have tried contacting this hotel via direct phone call (nice person on the phone said that he completed a form which would be sent to the appropriate person, whom he assured me would contact me within 4 or 5 days - in my industry that is completely unacceptable timing, but as of yet I still haven't heard from them and it's been 5 days), via an online request and also tried through my inside channels (I work in the restaurant industry in Chicago). Since I was trying to take advantage of a trip from Chicago to Kansas City to view the property, this is yet another inconvenience. I guess I'll find another hotel to use for my guests.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank akasha413
Ted F, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thanks for sending your comments to Trip Advisor. I do apologize for the delay in getting a sales person to contact you back in regards to your wedding needs. I don't know why you were not directed straight to the sales office so someone could assist you right away but I will reveiw and get this corrected. I have instructed my sales team to contact you and offer assistance. Hopefully we can get this resolved and provide your guests with some great wedding accomodations. Looking forward to hosting your event.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Alton, Illinois
Reviewed January 8, 2014

It has been a while but I used to stay at Sheraton's often. I am a member of their loyalty program. My family has stayed at the Sheraton Crown Plaza recently and had a lovely time. Can't say the same for the Sheraton at the Plaza. Simply put, don't bother staying here. Go just across the street and check in to the Hampton Inn. You'll have a much nicer experience and save some money.

It seems the management at the Sheraton is all new (less than 2 months- General Manager, Front Desk Manager, Food Service Manager) brought in to turn a poor property around. I wish them luck but there is so much work to be done. The rooms need repair and updating, badly.
No hot water the day of our departure. Food was mediocre at best. No doorman available to assist at the door. Seems he is now stationed at the desk for some reason.

As a Starwood Preferred Member, you expect a couple of things, like housing on the Starwood Preferred floors maybe. Not here. Talked with another member on the elevator and asked about the quality of her room. She too was disappointed overall.

All the staff we encountered were friendly and tried to be helpful but it seems they could only go so far. Pity the conventioneers coming in the day we left. This was not a Sheraton experience.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Ted F, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thanks for staying at the Sheraton Suites on the Country Club Plaza and sending your comments to Tripadvisor. I do apologize that your hotel experience was not excellent and you were disappointed with the room quality. We are scheduled to get a complete hotel refresh in 2014 which will be a great benefit to our guests. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again on another trip to Kansas City.

Travelers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

Bellevue, Nebraska
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My daughter left her camera in the hospitality lounge and has had no cooperation from the hotel in locating the camera. Calls were not returned promptly nor was any effort made to interview the staff. Pictures are priceless and all we would want is for the card to be returned. It would have given us some comfort if the staff had been more helpful or concerned.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for staying at the Sheraton Suites on the Country Club Plaza and sending your comments to Tripadvisor. I do apologize we could not locate your camera that was left in our club lounge. After I visited with you personally we looked extensively and could not locate it. I do understand the importance of the pictures and wish we had found the camera. We appreciate you staying with us and hope you find the pictures that were lost.
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton Suites, Country Club Plaza during Thanksgiving weekend. This hotel offers pet friendly, quality lodging in a great location! The hotel is walking distance to many restaurants and cafes, as well as quality shopping! There is a small park just a couple of blocks away for playing with your doggie!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for staying at the Sheraton Suites on the Country Club Plaza. I was glad to read you had an excellent experience at the hotel. We have a great location and I was glad to see you were able to enjoy the plaza area. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again on a future visit to the KC Plaza area.
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this location several times before and it was great. Downhill experience. Arrived and check in clerk wasn't very friendly or nice. Arrived to a freezing room, turned up heat went to have a drink for an hour, still freezing. Called, engineer came up finally warm 30 minutes later. Couch dirty and worn. Starwood member no benefits there.....

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for staying at the Sheraton Suites on the Country Club Plaza and sending your feedback to Tripadvisor. I do apologize for the issues you experienced while staying at the hotel. Our desk staff usually do a great job of taking care of our guests and I do apologize that they did not do a very good job with your arrival. The hotel is scheduled to get a complete refresh of all the rooms in 2014 which will be great for the guests experience to have a new room. We appreciate your business and hope to have you stay with us again.
mumbai
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Had visited the hotel for business work in Kansas city. Has a fabulos view, greatly designed, with lavish amenities & many nearby attractions.

Liked the breakfast which was wholesome & lunch buffet.

Can just relax & roam around the shopping area as in the midst of wekk-known branded shops & extremely safe.

Has a lot of night life, in case you are pub-freek.

Rooms are very spacious with TV being provided in every room, gym is well-equipped. Suite has a jacuzzi & partial kitchen in the form of microwave.

The staff is very helpful & cordial.

Room Tip: Stay in a higher floor room in case you want to get city view as there are amny skyscrapers nearby a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ted F, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thanks for staying at the Sheraton Suites on the Country Club Plaza and sending your feedback to Tripadvisor. I was glad to read you had a great experience at the hotel and got to visit many of the shops and restaurants on the plaza. We have a great hotel in a great location and I was glad you got to experence all that the plaza has to offer. We appreciate your business.
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We spent Christmas in Kansas City, staying in the Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza. Every staff member we encountered from the front desk manager Debbie to the restaurant manager Natalie were excellent. The hotel needs renovation -- we had a sewer backup a few floors down that left a nasty odor in the hallways and the air conditioning unit for the next building was nagging. All-in-all our stay was very nice. Also, the Sheraton Plaza takes pets but it's quite a walk to a dog-friendly area near the hotel in the cold.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Plaza but check out the A/C noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for staying at the Sheraton Suites on the Country Club Plaza for your Christmas holiday. I was glad to read you had a great stay at the hotel. I do apologize for the issue with the sewer smell. Fortunately, we got the problem repaired and cleaned up pretty quickly. We appreciate your business and comments. We hope to have you stay with us again on a future visit to the KC Plaza area.