“One suggestion to make this a 5 star rating” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza

You added Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza to your Saves list
Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   770 West 47th Street, Kansas City, MO 64112 (Formerly Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Country Club Plaza)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #41 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Goshen, Indiana
“One suggestion to make this a 5 star rating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I found the rooms very clean, the bed comfortable, the staff friendly and helpful. My only complaint would be with the plastic glasses and paper coffee cups in the rooms. I would understand the disposable drinking containers if this were a hotel without restaurant amenities and access to dishwashers. This would add a touch of class to an already above average hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
FredDeLaRosa, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your review, Claudia S!

We appreciate the rating and we appreciate you taking time to share your experience at the Sheraton Suites- Country Club Plaza with the TripAdvisor community!

I am so glad you enjoyed the experience we provided! Thank you for the great comments on the friendliness of our team, the cleanliness and comfort of your suite! We always strive to provide a great experience to all of our guests and I am glad we were able to meet our goal!

Thank you for staying with us!

Fred DeLaRosa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Lenexa, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My wife and I tried to stay at this hotel several months ago, but after an error by the hotel staff, we did not have a room to stay in when we arrived to check in. So after a late night downtown, we were stranded at 1 am without a hotel room. This in itself was a dreadful experience. Due to the error, inconvenience, and our complaints, we were later given a gift certificate to use at this Sheraton Suites. However, the story doesn't stop there.

My (now 28 weeks pregnant) wife and I were then planning a quick one-night stay on the plaza and were hoping to use the gift certificate. When calling to make a reservation, the customer service representative mentioned several rooms at varying price points that were available for the night we planned to stay. After I mentioned that we had a gift certificate to use, I was transferred to a different person who supposedly handled gift certificate reservations. This representative put me on hold for several minutes before informing me that no rooms were available for the entire weekend. Of course, this is after I already know that there were indeed available rooms.

Even after explaining the situation and the fact that the we had the gift certificate because we were screwed out of a room the last time we tried to stay at this particular hotel, we were told that it was "hotel policy" and that no rooms were available.

I have stayed at multiple Starwood hotels (W, Westin, Sheraton, etc.) around the U.S. and have generally had very good experiences. The customer service, attention to detail, and quality of the properties and the people working in them is usually top-notch. Unfortunately, my experience dictates that the same cannot be said about the Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza. With a number of highly rated hotels in close vicinity, I would encourage travelers to look at these other options.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DHW_61210
FredDeLaRosa, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your first review on TripAdvisor with us, DHW_61210!

I apologize we were unable to accommodate your reservation this weekend and that you disagree with the hotel policy, but I am happy to know that you are scheduled to stay with us in the upcoming future!

Please feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss your experience.

We look forward to seeing you during your stay!

Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This was my 4th stay at this hotel. I have always had a good experience. Everything from a quick and easy check in, nice room with plenty of space, comfy bed, and clean bathroom make this a great place to stay in KC. The location is great for shopping (really nice shopping). The hotel staff is very friendly and the bar/restaurant staff is great. I would definitely recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the 5 star review, JulesHouston! And thank you for your repeat business!

We are so happy that you enjoy the friendliness of our team and our spacious, two room suites! We appreciate your recommendation!

We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the Kansas City area!

brett_levi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed here two nights with the family. Everything was great. Our only complaint would be that they don't provide bars of soap without asking for it. There was shower gel, shampoo, and lotion, but no soap. Other than that, it was a great stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
FredDeLaRosa, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for the 5 star review, brett_levi!!

I am so happy you and your family had a great experience with us! I apologize about the missing soap. I will follow up with our Housekeeping team to ensure we don't miss the soap next time.

Thank you for staying with us! We look forward to seeing you next time!

Jackson, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I met a group of girlfriends here for a sorority reunion! Loved this Sheraton! The rooms were spacious, clean, and comfortable! We all loved their happy hour and breakfast! This hotel was walking distance from all of the fabulous restaurants and shops on the Country Club Plaza! The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating! We had such a memorable weekend! Thank you Sheraton Suites!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you, Patricia B!

Thank you for the 5 star review!! We are honored to have hosted your sority reunion!

I am so pleased you enjoyed our spacious and clean two room suite and our location right on the Country Club Plaza! I am glad our team met our goal in providing you friendly and accommodating service!

Thank you for staying with us! We look forward to seeing you next time!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Both of the queen beds needed new mattresses. Both had a "v" in the center of the bed that causes you to roll to the middle of the bed. Did not get a good night's sleep. Otherwise, the rooms are average, but not great. Definitely not worth the cost of staying there. My recommendation: stay somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2013
Hello russriggan!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! We appreciate all feedback we receive from our guests. We truly value your thoughts on the experience we provided.

Thank you for the comments on the beds in your suite. I apologize we did not provide you with a good night's sleep as is our goal. Please contact if you wish to discuss this matter or any other concerns you may have.

Thank you for staying with us!

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night. Had a great rate and the hotel is super convenient to restaurants, shopping and bars.

The rooms desperately need updating. Tub and stone tiles were falling apart. Rust on the shower head. Carpet is worn out. On and on and on. Looks like Seraton forgot this property when they went on their massive renovation campaign.

Staff was great. Hard to complain too much when you look at the price and location. Next hotel was 2x the rate.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
FredDeLaRosa, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Hello Jason K!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! We always appreciate when guests provide feedback on how we did in your eyes.

Thank you for all of your comments. I appreciate the compliments on our staff and the convenience of our Country Club Plaza location. I also appreciate your comments regarding the condition of the property and we are focusing with our Engineering team to catch any issues before our guests do. I am sorry we were unable to do this in your experience. Please feel free to contact me regarding any further concerns regarding your visit to Kansas City.

Thank you for staying with us! We hope to see you during your next visit to Kansas City.