“Disappointing” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza

Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   770 West 47th Street, Kansas City, MO 64112 (Formerly Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Country Club Plaza)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #39 of 112 Hotels in Kansas City
United States
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed at this property last week when we visited Kansas City to attend a concert. Issues with our room included the bedroom smoke detector hanging off the wall in a plastic bag, a moldy faucet fixture in the tub/shower, and ratty, obviously worn out towels. Not what we expected for the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
FredDeLaRosa, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Hello msmagenta!

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your experience on TripAdvisor. We always appreciate feedback on how we did in your eyes.

I am sorry you found your suite in such disrepair. This is definitely not our goal and I apologize for providing that experience to you.

Please feel free to contact me to discuss your experience further. Thank you for staying with us!

Fred DeLaRosa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Very good value, pretty rooms and the neighborhood is very nice,but its not really near downtown. It helps to have a gps to find it. Loads of upscale restaurants and shops in walking distance. Finding the lobby and getting parked can be a problem

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
FredDeLaRosa, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Hello travlinman1946!

We appreciate your feedback regarding the Sheraton Suites- Country Club Plaza. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community!

I am so happy you enjoyed our Country Club Plaza location. The restaurants and shops of the Plaza are right outside our front door.

Thank you for staying with us! We hope to see you the next time you are in the Kansas City area!

Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The hotel was clean and the staff was courteous. However, my shower/bathroom water was lukewarm at all times and the tub was stained and needs to be replaced. The business center was strategically located facing the front door and it was freezing in the lobby. Although they advised that you could print your boarding pass from the business center, the printer didn't work...and to top it off, the staff couldn't get it to work. The staff member suggested that I click on the icon with a "P" at the bottom of the screen (she obviously didn't know that was the Powerpoint icon).

My iPad would not connect to their network using the instructions they provided so after talking to technical support for 45 mins she had to manually connect the IP address. However, the next day, when attempting to use the business center computer, I was prompted for an administrator password. No one was able to help me at the hotel so they referred me to technical support at which time my call dropped directly into someone's person voicemail and I never received a callback. So I decided to return to my room so I wouldn't freeze to death while I was unable to get ANYTHING accomplished, when the bottom of the chair broke. I am disgusted and will never return!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
FredDeLaRosa, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Hello ReviewbyLadyT!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We always appreciate feedback on the experience we provided and we use your comments to provide a better experience.

I am happy you felt our hotel was clean and our staff was courteous. We strive to provide this to every guest, every time. I am sorry you experienced the technical difficulties mentioned and futhter that we could not resolve the issues during your stay. I will follow up with our internet provider to find out what the issue was and why we could not resolve it. Thank you for your comments.

Please feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss your experience further. We would love another chance to provide you with a GREAT experience during your next visit to Kansas City.

Carthage, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Reserved two rooms and although they could not guarantee that they would be adjoining, we checked in and they made it happen. The suites were very nice and clean and the staff was extremely nice and helpful.
When we first checked into the room the heat was on full blast and couldn't be adjusted. We called downstairs, they recommended we turn it off and if the problem continued, they would happily page Maintenance. The problem righted itself by turning the thermostat off.
We spent our first evening in the bar and they bartenders were extremely friendly and helpful with info on local recommendations.
Great hotel for a budget conscience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
FredDeLaRosa, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Hello TeresaDeardork!

Thank you for the wonderful rating and also for taking time to share your experience at the Sheraton Suites- Country Club Plaza with the TripAdvisor community!

I am so glad you enjoyed the experience! Thank you for the wonderful comments on the service, cleanliness and value! We always strive to provide a great experience to all of our guests. I am glad we were able to meet our goal in your past stay with us!

Thank you for staying with us! We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the Kansas City area!

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently spent two nights at the Sheraton Suites. The hotel was clean, quiet and well-priced. It's located in the Plaza area of the city, with all of its shops and restaurants, and is convenient to attractions throughout the area. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
FredDeLaRosa, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Hello Max G!

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Sheraton Suites- Country Club Plaza with the TripAdvisor community !

We appreciate the feedback about our friendly and helpful staff!

I am so glad you enjoyed our location. Being the only hotel directly on the Country Club Plaza, we feel this adds a value to our guest's experience.

Greer, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here 4/4-4/7. Great location - within walking distance to the Plaza. Lots of options for restaurants! Room was very comfortable . We had a plumbing issue that was taken care of quickly!

Went down to swim laps in the pool- the pool temperature was very warm, with lots of chlorine. Wish it was cooler and less chlorine- it took a few hours for my eyes to get back to normal.

Other than that great hotel- would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Travelers0205!

Thank you for sharing your "Great" experience at the Sheraton Suites- Country Club Plaza with the TripAdvisor community !

Thank you for the 5 star service rating! I apologize you experienced a plumbing issue in your suite, but I am glad our team was able to quickly resolve the issue. Our goal is to provide GREAT service to all of our guests and resolve any issue to your satisfaction.

Thank you for staying with us! We look forward to seeing you next time.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The location of where this hotel is: Fantastic! They have a shopping strip that is almost like 5th Avenue or Michigan Avenue. Classy area with brick walk ways and buildings. The customer services at the front desk was welcoming. Parking was a bit expensive. Gallery bar was okay, the breakfast was great. The hotel rooms were nice and up-to-date. I'll stay here again when I go back. Their pillows are large, kinks your neck.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
FredDeLaRosa, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Hello Angie H!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Sheraton Suites- Country Club Plaza with the TripAdvisor community !

I am so glad you enjoyed our Country Club Plaza location! With being the only hotel located directly on the Plaza, we feel this adds to the experience we strive to provide our guests. Thank you for your comments on the Front Desk team, Restaurant service and our two room suites! We always appreciate the feedback we receive.