We arrived at hotel to check in and drop suitcases in room just before going to dinner with friends. The room’s décor was initially appealing at first. But upon returning from dinner we noticed that:
• Wallpaper was coming off from walls behind entry door
• Bath floor had sticky black substance in various spots
• Carpet had stains and was poorly vacuumed
• Black marks on door trim and walls
• Mattress was soft and sunk toward the middle
• Sofa looked old and sunk toward the middle with two people sitting on it
• Tables had white stains on them and were chipped and beat up
I called the manager that night who offered to move us to another room for our second night (the hotel was full that night). Since the bed ended up being so uncomfortable (contributing to a sleepless night), we decided to make the change the next day. She also offered to give us a discount on the room, as well as an “upgrade.” I finally had to ask what an upgrade was and she said complimentary breakfast and cocktails at 6:00. The latter made no difference to us, as we were to be at a family gathering the next night, but breakfast would be nice. However, she failed to tell me that the breakfast was on the 18th floor. So when we had breakfast in the restaurant, we had to pay for that anyway and our flight out the last day left too early to take advantage of the breakfast offer on the second day.
Although we were given discount, it really did not make much difference given breakfast charges that I thought was a part of the “upgrade”. There was no follow up to our experience. It seemed as though the manager went through the motions to give us monies off, but there was poor communication and zero follow up on our experience.
I certainly expect more from the quality this hotel should be and more that our reservation was part of the Starwood guest membership. They need to maintain the facilities better given the status of their hotel chain and not let bed mattresses and sofas get so old and beat up. (My husband joked that the sofa looked liked a used sofa someone had picked up from the side of the road.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Suites at Country Club Plaza is minutes from Sprint Center, Power & Light District, Kansas Speedway and the Kansas City Zoo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Starwood, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza Hotel Kansas City
- Sheraton Hotel Country Plaza
- Sheraton Kansas City
- Sheraton Country Plaza Hotel Kansas City
- Kansas City Sheraton