“Nice place. :)”

Ranked #20 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Leavenworth
“Nice place. :)”
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I loved the suite setup of the room, with a proper bedroom, bathroom, and living area. Everything was comfortable. Service was excellent. Location was great.

One thing - while the bed linens were *outstanding* to touch, they don't use fitted sheets, and the bottom sheet was not big enough for the job.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
EdStevens, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your patronage with the Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza.

I do apologize for the issue with your room. Rest assured I have forward your comments to the Housekeeping Department heads so that we may continue to develop our product and service for our future guest.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again in the future,

Ed Stevens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Spent a Saturday night at this hotel to celebrate a weekend getaway. When arriving our room had a dirty stained comforter, hotel phone that was not working properly with static and noise and dirty washcloth with orange stains. The hotel brought a new comforter and apologized. The hotel is a great location but parking was more than expected at 12.00 and signs that say not responsible for accidents and theft posted in the garage and the staff recommended a restaurant bar location that was not impressive with unfriendly staff , wallpaper coming off wall, hotel is nice but needs improvements and better housekeeping to notice small details.

Room Tip: ask room a upper floor room not facing the parking garage below parking is 12
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Unfortunately, we were unable to deliver during your stay and have addressed our areas of improvement with our Sheraton Family. We are continuing to strive to exceed our guests’ expectations. Please contact me prior to your next stay at our property as I would like to thank you in person.

Always at your Service,

Travelers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 5, 2011

My wife and I spent two nights at Sheraton suites in Kansas city country club plaza and thoroughly enjoyed the location. The room was excellent.... Clean with a nice view and the hotel is in a great location. Nice and close to shopping , great food, and entertainment. Shortly after arriving we noticed the in room refrigerator didn't work. A repairman was there in minutes and left saying it was fixed. Never did work...Informed the front desk at check out and was given points on our account for our next visit at that hotel???? I would certainly recommend this hotel, but $12.00 anight for parking? In Kansas City? REALLY......

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
EdStevens, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, November 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us as we do appreciate feedback from our guest’s. I sincerely apologize that the refrigerator was not properly fixed upon the initial attempt. But I am glad that my front desk took care of your concerns. The points that were given to you are good at any Starwood property.

Again, thank you for letting us know where improvement is needed so that we may continue to develop our product and service.

St. Louis, MO
Reviewed November 1, 2011

My wife and I spent a weekend at the hotel as a fall getaway. The hotel is located on the northwest corner of the Country Club Plaza with excellent shops, restaurants and drinking establishments within easy walking distance. We selected a king bed suite with a separate sitting area having a microwave and a small refrigerator. The room was equipped with a 32-inch flat screen TV in the sitting area and in the bedroom. The bathroom was clean, had an excellent shower with adequate supply of towels. The front desk personnel were attentive and provided us with excellent service (calling a cab and providing driving directions).

We found the room to be clean but space was tight. The room was just big enough for two people to cooperatively navigate but if you have more in your party this will be a problem. We did not sample the dining options offered at the hotel and from what we observed not to many other guests did either. With a Ruth Chris Steakhouse just outside the hotel entrance, that is understandable.

The room is available at a fair price across the Internet and we would recommend this hotel for those visiting the Country Club Plaza area.

Room Tip: Get as big a room as possible as they seem to run on the small side.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at the Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza. It is always welcoming to know when our guest has had a memorable experience.

Please keep us in mind for your next getaway to Kansas City.

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Nice hotel - suites were great. It had a bedroom with a king size bed and a flat screen tv and a living room area with a desk, couch, coffee table, refrigerator, and another flat screen tv. Linens on bed were awesome. Staff very friendly. Multiple computers with free internet service in the lobby area. Shopping in the area was great as were restaurants. Not sure if I'll ever be in Kansas City again but if I were I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
EdStevens, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you had a memorable time during your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit to Kansas City.

Springfield, MO
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I have stayed here 3 times in the last 2 months. I used to stay primarily at the Westin or Hyatt in Crown Center or the Marriott on the Plaza, but the staff of this hotel have won me over.

The location and price are fantastic for the Plaza area. I have had no issues or concerns of safety walking at night back from restaurants, etc. I did grow up in the area years ago and have always found the plaza to be safe.

The rooms are nice. This last time I checked in, I was upgraded to the club floor with a balcony room. That was an absolute surprise! I didn't realize they had balconies there. The suites themselves are very similar to most of the Sheraton Suite properties I stay out...pretty much the same layout and size. I am a fairly loyal Sheraton guest and I felt the hotel met the standards of the others.

Where this property really stood out to me is the front desk as well as the club lounge. Everyone in the last 3 stays that I have encountered have been incredible! The two ladies in the club lounge are the best of any hotel I have ever stayed. Well done!
The club does have complimentary wine/beer from 6:00-8:30 along with nightly snacks. I do wish they at least had an honor bar for hours outside of that, but am happy with the complimentary part at least for a few hours in the evening. The breakfast was surprising too as there is some "hot" food (I believe eggs and sausage). I was expecting the normal pastry/bread fare so it was nice to have something more. I do wish they would get rid of Starbucks coffee and brew "normal" coffee though. I hate the taste of burnt coffee beans. However, I do believe that is a brand choice, unfortunately.

The club level rooms do include 2 bottles of water and upgraded bath amenities (mouthwash, shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, vanity kit, sewing kit, loofah sponge thing). The rooms are clean and comfortable with 2 flat panel TV's. Our last room was freezing....even turning the thermastat to 80, it was blowing cold air. Ended up getting warmer just by turning it off altogether. I did not call the front desk (didn't want to be moved to another room without the balcony :)

Pets are allowed as I saw a few small dogs. We might bring our little pup up for our next stay.

I have two more short overnight trips planned between now and the end of the year and have booked this same property for both stays.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your patronage and sharing your previous experience with Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza. We pride ourselves in making our guest top priority when it comes to customer service.

We look forward to your next visit with us.

Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel for business. The rooms are very spacious and the hotel was recently renovated. It has a great workout room. My room was great- very quiet, 2 flat screen TVs, nice bathroom and comfy king bed. Also, I love the neighborhood. Unlike some travelers, I felt totally safe in this neighborhood. There was plenty of security and I walked alone from dinner back to the hotel at 10pm. Not once did I feel threatened. There are a ton of great shops and restaurants all in walking distance from this hotel, and also great running paths all around. Another plus for me with this hotel is that it is the perfect distance between downtown and Overland Park. I will definitely consider and likely stay at this hotel next time I am in Kansas City.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I’m glad you enjoyed the facilities including our newly renovated Fitness Center- as well as feeling safe and secure while dining on the Plaza.
Do come back and see us next time you’re in Kansas City.