“Nice roomy suite” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza
Ranked #26 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Buffalo, New York
“Nice roomy suite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

Nice hotel - suites were great. It had a bedroom with a king size bed and a flat screen tv and a living room area with a desk, couch, coffee table, refrigerator, and another flat screen tv. Linens on bed were awesome. Staff very friendly. Multiple computers with free internet service in the lobby area. Shopping in the area was great as were restaurants. Not sure if I'll ever be in Kansas City again but if I were I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
EdStevens, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you had a memorable time during your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit to Kansas City.

Ed Stevens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Springfield, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

I have stayed here 3 times in the last 2 months. I used to stay primarily at the Westin or Hyatt in Crown Center or the Marriott on the Plaza, but the staff of this hotel have won me over.

The location and price are fantastic for the Plaza area. I have had no issues or concerns of safety walking at night back from restaurants, etc. I did grow up in the area years ago and have always found the plaza to be safe.

The rooms are nice. This last time I checked in, I was upgraded to the club floor with a balcony room. That was an absolute surprise! I didn't realize they had balconies there. The suites themselves are very similar to most of the Sheraton Suite properties I stay out...pretty much the same layout and size. I am a fairly loyal Sheraton guest and I felt the hotel met the standards of the others.

Where this property really stood out to me is the front desk as well as the club lounge. Everyone in the last 3 stays that I have encountered have been incredible! The two ladies in the club lounge are the best of any hotel I have ever stayed. Well done!
The club does have complimentary wine/beer from 6:00-8:30 along with nightly snacks. I do wish they at least had an honor bar for hours outside of that, but am happy with the complimentary part at least for a few hours in the evening. The breakfast was surprising too as there is some "hot" food (I believe eggs and sausage). I was expecting the normal pastry/bread fare so it was nice to have something more. I do wish they would get rid of Starbucks coffee and brew "normal" coffee though. I hate the taste of burnt coffee beans. However, I do believe that is a brand choice, unfortunately.

The club level rooms do include 2 bottles of water and upgraded bath amenities (mouthwash, shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, vanity kit, sewing kit, loofah sponge thing). The rooms are clean and comfortable with 2 flat panel TV's. Our last room was freezing....even turning the thermastat to 80, it was blowing cold air. Ended up getting warmer just by turning it off altogether. I did not call the front desk (didn't want to be moved to another room without the balcony :)

Pets are allowed as I saw a few small dogs. We might bring our little pup up for our next stay.

I have two more short overnight trips planned between now and the end of the year and have booked this same property for both stays.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your patronage and sharing your previous experience with Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza. We pride ourselves in making our guest top priority when it comes to customer service.

We look forward to your next visit with us.

Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel for business. The rooms are very spacious and the hotel was recently renovated. It has a great workout room. My room was great- very quiet, 2 flat screen TVs, nice bathroom and comfy king bed. Also, I love the neighborhood. Unlike some travelers, I felt totally safe in this neighborhood. There was plenty of security and I walked alone from dinner back to the hotel at 10pm. Not once did I feel threatened. There are a ton of great shops and restaurants all in walking distance from this hotel, and also great running paths all around. Another plus for me with this hotel is that it is the perfect distance between downtown and Overland Park. I will definitely consider and likely stay at this hotel next time I am in Kansas City.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback. I’m glad you enjoyed the facilities including our newly renovated Fitness Center- as well as feeling safe and secure while dining on the Plaza.
Do come back and see us next time you’re in Kansas City.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

Loved this hotel. We got in late and only stayed one night so we basically used it to rest our heads. Booked this last minute through priceline at a great rate. I would stay there again and would pay retail price to get the same hotel anytime I am that way.

Pros:
-Suite room with a private bedroom.
-Excellent location
-Friendly Staff

Cons:
-Uncomfortable bed

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Suites. I’m happy to hear your room was accommodating and that my staff left a friendly impression. Next time you visit us, I hope you will get a chance to enjoy the rest of the hotel and explore the sites on the Plaza.

Fort Scott, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

I have stayed at this property a number of times because of its location on the Country Club Plaza. It's proximity to great dining and shopping makes it perfect if you like the Plaza atmosphere, which would be hard not to. The staff is great and the all suites property is perfect. If you have a family, which I travel with most of the time, it's nice to have the flexibility of having two doubles in one room and a pullout sofa in the other. (TIP - adults can't sleep comfortably on the pullout as the mattress isn't sufficient to stop the bars from protruding uncomfortably through) If you are flexible when you come, the price is unbeatable. Would recommend you try some of the restaurants on the Plaza instead of the hotel but other than that, a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased and pride ourselves in making our guests feel like we not only contour to our business travelers but also to those accompanied with family and tow.
Please keep us in mind for your next get-a-way.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

Nice and comfortable rooms and good location in Kansas City.
Friendly staff at the reception and quick check in, even if there are long lanes.

The breakfast was a bit disappointing, as well as the service at the bar in the night, but there are lots of restaurants ariund there, so there is better choise around.
Would stay there again.
Check your rates: in some rates the Valet parking is included, in others Valet parking will be charged with USD 15

1 Thank Mikkelmann
We always appreciate our guest’s feedback, both positive and negative. It is through this feedback that we can be made aware of any shortfalls that occur so we can make necessary improvements.

Your comments of the breakfast and the bar of the hotel are taken seriously and we regret you were not provided with the high level of service and quality that our guests are used to experiencing.

Once again, I appreciate you taking the time to bring your experience to my attention and I look forward to the opportunity to exceed all of your expectations the next time you visit Kansas City.

JC,mo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

Rooms are divided by glass doors so your kids and friends have a little privacy. Staff is good. Plaza has many dining options. KC needs to do something to keep minors from ruining night life. Three kids were injured when gunfire broke out where the juveniles were congregating the nigh we visited.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We are glad to hear you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel’s service and accommodations.
The shooting that occurred on the East end of the Plaza was indeed very unfortunate. This was an isolated incident. Historically, the Country Club Plaza has been one of the safest areas in all of Kansas City and remains so today. With-in five days of the shooting, our Mayor implemented a 9:00pm curfew on weekends for anyone 18 years old or younger who is not with an adult. The last two weekends have been very typical Plaza weekends… a lot of friends and families enjoying the shops & restaurants and the cooler weather. There have been no incidents of any kinds since the curfew was implemented. The Mayor and Chief of Police continue to pledge they will do everything possible to ensure the Plaza remains Kansas City’s Crown Jewel and a place everyone can visit and feel very safe while doing so.

Again, thanks for choosing the Sheraton Suites and we’ll look forward to serving you again in the near future”