“Strip "Steak" or Bowling Shoe Sole?”
Review of Range Steakhouse - CLOSED

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Kansas City, MO
“Strip "Steak" or Bowling Shoe Sole?”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Dinner at the Range Steakhouse: KC Strip, "Voted Best In KC by Pitch". Someone needs to check the voting at the Pitch. We both had the KC Strip and it was so tough we could hardly chew it. No time to send it back due to concert tickets at Voodoo Lounge. I mean REALLY tough! Waitperson showed no concern that we left half of our steaks on our plates. And the wine...what there was of it...has to be the skimpiest pour in town, no more than 3 ounces in the bottom of a large glass, which made it look even smaller. For unexplained reason, we didn't get the wine until we were half way through gnawing on our "steaks". On the plus side, it was good wine...too bad it was like a sample. Not that I expect fine dining at a casino but I expect a lot more from a $100 dinner!

• Visited December 2012

Wichita, Kansas
“Delicious Steaks”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The Range at Harrah's has delicious steaks as well as other meals such as Pork Chops and their Salad Bar. Usually can get a comp from my casino host for around $80 which will cover this restaurant for two delicious meals and an appetizer.

You can also use your reward points here as well to help knock down the tab. It's a great place for a date night when visiting the casino and has a nice ambience. Usually try and visit here about every other time we visit Harrah's.

Visited October 2012
Spring, Tx.
“It's no Binions”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

When I walked into a n 80% empty steakhouse at 8pm on a Saturday night that should have been my first tip off.For the money The Range is a fair bargain but if you are a Harrahs patron beware this place does not hold a candle to Binions Steakhouses. The service was excellent. The atmosphere I felt was lacking. The top 40 music was a put off and the lighting was just odd.
The food itself is a little below Longhorn Steakhouse. The porterhouse I had was good but nothing to write home about.
Maybe I caught them on a bad night. I'll try them again and report back.

Pennsylvania
“Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We had our dinner on October 9, 2012. We inquired the day before, whether or not we would need a reservation. We were told we wouldn't need one. As I did research prior to our arrival, I was pleased that this restaurant, unlike other "Range Steakhouses", was not a' la carte. With your entree, you had a choice of the salad bar, or the spinach salad/caesar salad. Also, you had a choice of not one, but two sides.

We had the prime rib. It was cooked to perfection, just as ordered. My husband ordered medium rare and I ordered rare. It cut like butter. He wasn't too fond of his Au Gratin potatoes, but loved his potato soup, which, by the way, he was able to substitute for a salad for $2.00 as oppossed to the normal $7.00 for the soup. He had the corn as the other side and thought it was fresh and tasty.

My sides were a baked potato and the sauteed baby spinach. The potato was huge, the spinach had bits of fried garlic in it and was out of this world. My only complaint would be there wasn't enough of it!

Our daughter joined us, as this trip was to visit with her ( We flew to Kansas & then drove to Harrah's). She had prime rib, Creamy Parmesan Mashed potatoes, and Fresh Steamed Asparagus. She didn't care for the potatoes. As for her salad, she ordered the caesar salad and loved it. Her prime rib was cooked to perfection as were all of ours.

Dessert for my husband was cheesecake. He loved it! As I am not a dessert person, I just had an after dinner cordial.

Service was impeccable. I also enjoyed being able to watch the kitchen and the plating. Great care was given. I felt like I was in "Hell's Kitchen" without Gorden Ramsay! This was a wonderful dinner to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary. I only wish that other Harrah's properties made a meal just as affordable as this one was by being all enclusive and not a' la carte.

• Visited October 2012
waverly, nebraska
“Awesome”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Very convenient and excellent meal. The restaurant was not over crowded there was plenty of room to be comfortable and enjoy the well prepared meal.

Visited April 2012