“Great lunch buffet”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

The lunch buffet provided the right amount of variety. I really enjoyed the chicken kofta, vegetable kofta, chicken tikka masala, biryani, basmati rice with peas, the lentils, spinach, and raita. The naan was hot and soft. Lots of other items on the hot and cold bar. Buffet served with a mango latte. Left happy and ready to return!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We love Indian food and eat it quite often. We ventured up to Westport and decided to give Korma Sutra a try after seeing all of the awards they had on display.

We were greeted and sat and that was the highlight. Our server only grunted during the entire meal. We went for the buffet as we were never given menus. It was horrible. Between us we tried nearly every item on the buffet and found only the chicken curry to be edible. Everything else was lacking in flavor or had meat that was so overcooked it ruined the experience. The basmati rice was good as was the nan which is served to the table.

Each buffet includes a mango lassi which tasted like the chemicals it is apparently made from.

When the bill came (it was not asked for, it just arrived), we were shocked to see that we would be paying $11.50 per person. What a rip off. All over town you can get an Indian buffet for $6.95 to $8.95.

Save your time, save your money - go elsewhere.

1  Thank jojoishere
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My belated Mother's Day present from my son was a trip to Korma Sutra ; we went to the KCMO. location in Westport, but there is one in Overland Park, KS as well. To start, we shared an order of samosas, a favorite of Andy's since I introduced him to Indian cuisine when he was about 7 (he's 27 now). We both love saag ; I had shrimp and he had chicken - I think about ordering something different, but wherever I go, it's my fave. We also had onion -garlic naan that had a wonderful touch of cilantro! Along with the basmati rice we both had loads to take home, plus we each received a small bowl of kheer, a single cheese ball in honey (can't think of the name) and tiny cups of chai! Perfect! The decor wasn't the greatest, but our waiter was very gracious ; I would happily return any time.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

As we stood in the street just outside the Korma Sutra, we could smell the warm Indian spices wafting through the air. The food was excellent except it was too spicy. The waitress asked how spicy we wanted, and I think the message was lost in translation. Our meal ended with chai tea, mango ice cream, and a creamy tapioca pudding - magnificent. If you decide to visit this Indian gem, do consider ordering less spicy than you think you'll like. This is a 28-Zagat rated restaurant, and the ambiance, service, and quality of food does rate that!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I wasn't sure if I would like it but everything taste really good. We ordered entrees and weren't expecting two desserts and tea to follow plus they gave us samples of an appetizer we ended up buying more of. There was a language barrier but everything was correct and prompt. Great first experience with Indian food. We left satisfied and will go back.