“Hipster Pizzeria Meets Thin Crust”
Review of Pizzabella - CLOSED

Pizzabella
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Reviewed July 7, 2016 via mobile

Things to Know Beforehand: you seat yourself, and it may not be ideal for large groups (8+). Your wait may be slow, depending on the number of people there.

Meal: the pizza was a great thin crust with a very Mediterranean feel. It is light and has natural/organic flavors, unlike a heavy Chicago deep dish. The Pizza's are small though. A guy my size could eat one easily by themselves. Good to eat on a date if you want to keep it light.

Environment: very hipster for KC. It is clean and very well put together. I think that it could use some more sturdy chairs, though.

Bang for Your Buck: the cost is a little pricey if you are buying a pizza for just you (low teens). If you are splitting one, it's great. The beer and other drinks are very well priced.

Overall, this place is well worth the stop. One of the few places open when I patrolled down town, I am glad I stumbled upon it.

I hope my review helps! And, as always, I'm just an average Joe who loves good eats!

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed March 26, 2016

We ate diner at Pizzabella on a recent trip to KC. The service was prompt and pizza was great. Thin crisp crust, tasty sauce and fresh toppings. It was a nice March evening and the front wall was pulled back, very pleasant. Could get pretty warm inside during hot summer nights. Worth the trip.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed February 27, 2016

I took my grand daughter here before the Kansas City Ballet to eat. The service was outstanding. The food was great. Wood fired Pizza and the Brussel Sprouts were the best either of us had ever had. It is in a safe area which was important to me. I highly recommend for couples or families. What a great experience for the two of us. Thank you to our server he was Amazing!

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed February 2, 2016

GREAT wood fired pizza and the most amazing roasted brussel sprouts (and I don’t like brussel sprouts) you MUST try.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed December 30, 2015

Pizzabella is a decent place to go in the Crossroads area for some good wood fired pizza. Can be crowded at times, especially during First Fridays or events downtown. Service is slow at times and could use some improvement. Don't be afraid to try the Brussels sprouts with pancetta, cranberries, almonds and vinaigrette. We were skeptical but tried them on a fiends recommendation and now make them similarly at home.

Date of visit: November 2015