“Decent food.. overbearing manager”

Tasso's Greek Restaurant
Ranked #204 of 1,421 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Arlington, Virginia
“Decent food.. overbearing manager”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

The food was good and everything you would expect from a greek restaurant. The manager harassed my table for not coming by his establishment more often. I guess it has been open 30 years so we "owe it to him" to come more often.

Visited May 2012

Prairie Village, KS
“Blah”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I've gone to Tasso's a handful of times in the last 10 years and every time I leave I'm very underwhelmed. In my mind I always think it's going to be great, but alas, it never is. The food is mostly good, and a couple dishes like the Moussaka and the hummus are better than good, but it cost SO much for what you get. The service is usually very nonchalant, and our most recent visit was no exception. Belly-dancing or not, I probably won't go here ever again. For less than half the price I can go to Never on Sunday on 99th/Holmes, or even the Shell gas station up on 75th/Wornall which is surprisingly good (yes, in the gas station...think a Greek Oklahoma Joe's).

• Visited August 2012
“Pricey, average food at best”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

The four of us went there on a Saturday. Food was bland and mushy. We all had different entree's and no-one liked their meal. The host/ entertainer was horrible and drove us nuts. The belly dancer was sad. There is way better greek options.

• Visited July 2012
Wiesbaden, Germany
“Mediocre at best.”
Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

I've had much better Greek food elsewhere. Had the lamb dish, which was incredibly underwhelming. Belly dancer entertainment was just weird. Music was much too loud to carry on a conversation within our group. Our waitress was great and suggested a very good wine - the only saving grace for this place.

Overland Park, Kansas
“Great Greek Food!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Great Greek food with very friendly service and an enjoyable atmosphere - Belly dancers on the weekends!!

Visited March 2012