“Great place to catch a game”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of 810 Zone - CLOSED

810 Zone
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff
Dallas, Texas
1,143 restaurant reviews
“Great place to catch a game”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

Went for Monday Night Football, had a couple beers, and some food. Overall food was good, beer was cheap, server sucked. Would go back, but will definately avoid our last servers section.

• Visited November 2011

Kansas City, Kansas
“Typical Chain But That Doesn't Make it Bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

Here's another venture out on a slow Monday night but this place was hopping. I'm not a big fan of Sports Bars but I will visit one on occasion. I love sports I just don't like the way some people behave after some drinks during a particularly close game or between agitated rivals. Sports seems to bring out the worst in some otherwise well-mannered men. But, that's just me. Anyway, with Groupon in iPhone, we ambled on over to the Plaza which is not one of my favorite places in town to eat. Always seems like such a hassle finding a place to park. I mean, once I get down there I'm okay, it's just the process that really annoys me. Well, it didn't start off right with this little joint being perched up Broadway Hill. Can you imagine this place in the winter after one of our classic ice storms? Parking was rather convenient though, right across the street in a Plaza Parking Garage! Yay! Ok, that's making things look better. We were greeted at the door by two perky young ladies and immediately shown to a table. As many of you have stated, there are tons of TVs in here so, in my estimation, there is not a bad view in the whole joint. Our server was Stephone, a personable, polite, attentive young man. He took our drink orders and let us have a go at the menus. We immediately decided on the nachos to start (can you say, eyes too big for the stomach?). The nachos were a bit slow coming out but I'm not mad. The place was hoppin' and crowded and I rather enjoyed the energy. Everyone was well-behaved, enjoying comaraderie, drinks, food and of course ...was it New England and Miami? Who cares, the nachos had shown up and except for black beans, were AWESOME! Okay, it was cheese sauce. WHO CARES? My ding, dang, dong! They were good, had lots of ground beef, crunchy, fresh, live jalapeños (yikes I'm becoming aroused again...). I'm telling y'all. Some dang good nachos! My companion's ample dinner salad came out with lots of fresh vegetables, blue cheese crumbles and dressing. I didn't have any of it but was told the blue cheese was exceptionally stinky. Like dining on old gym socks. I'm sorry but that'doesn't sound very appetizing to me. One of the reasons these lips shall nevah touch blue cheese! Okay, out come the entrées. Mine was a ginormous pork tenderloin, perfectly fried, that's right clog up those arteries baby. T his is about as good as it gets with fried food. The tomato wasn't half bad on it either. Also, had some pepperjack cheese on it for added zing. Came with some kind of horse radish sauce and some red onions. I opted for the onion rings. Some of them were kind of soggy. This was some kind of tempura batter. Temperua is best left with Japanese food where it is not allowed to be come soggy while waiting for a sandwich to be prepared. SIGH...I'll let that go. The sandwich was superb and I ended up taking half of it home. My companion had the 6-cheese mac with crumbled bacon and seasoned breadcrumbs. Ho-hum...boring. Too bland. Not enough cheezy taste. SAY CHEEZ!!!! The bacon was great on it, when you could find it and there was a perfect amount of crumbs. It was edible just a big letdown because we both adore a good mac and cheese. Overall, the meal was okay. The atmosphere was fun, the prices weren't bad and the service was above average. We'll be back some day but we already have our faves when it comes to sports themed bars.

• Visited September 2011
Overland Park, Kansas
“If you're just having a drink and watching the game you should be fine.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2010

We recently visited the 810 Zone to have dinner and watch a basketball game. We were there on a Tuesday evening so it wasn't as packed as it is on a Friday or Saturday. We caught the tail-end of the happy hour drink special and that was probably the best part of our experience. Don't get me wrong - this wasn't a terrible experience, it just wasn't particularly good.

A friend and I took advantage of the 2/1 hamburgur special for some very unmemorable burgers and room temperature french fries. Our inattentive waitress seemed distracted and not what you could call friendly.

One other thing to be aware of is that I question the TripAdvisor price guidelines for the 810 Zone that say prices are $5-$10. That seems too low when you consider that a regular price, plain hamburger is almost $10.

The atmosphere at 810 Zone is great if you are looking for a sports bar where you can enjoy watching your team. Otherwise, I've never had what I would consider a really good meal here and the wait staff is certainly not giving me warm fuzzies.

Kansas City, MO
“First time visiting: bad service, average food but great for sports watching”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2009

This was my first trip to the 810 Zone as I'm not really into watching sports, but if you are, this is the place to go! I've never seen so many TVs! There were no major games on when we were there but they had on every sport possible all over the place. I can imagine if you want a bar to hang out in with friends and maybe have a few beers, this is a great place.

For a regular meal though, I don't know if I'd bother. I may give it another chance because the food was pretty decent and reasonably priced, but we had really poor service. Our waitress seemed to be in a foul mood - when we'd say thank you after she would bring us food or refills, she'd just turn around and walk away. At the end of our meal we waited forever for her to come by so we could get our check and we told her we were all set. It took almost 15 minutes more for her to come back with our check - meanwhile she was just bussing tables and straightening things up. Then she just put it on the table and walked away, no 'thanks' or 'have a good night' or anything. She never smiled once. Kind of left me with a sour taste in my mouth.

Like I said though, I might give them another chance if friends happen to be there. And if you want to watch sports, this is where you should be.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Food's very average (except the fried twinkies are an experience for sure) but the atmosphere helps the place out alot...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2008

Food's very average (except the fried twinkies are an experience for sure) but the atmosphere helps the place out alot. Best place to go with friends and watch a game for sure, tied with Rusty's (but I'm a K-Stater so I'm a bit biased there).

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook