“The good, the bad, and the ugly”

Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #76 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Davenport, Iowa
“The good, the bad, and the ugly”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I stayed here on December 21st and 22nd. I was in town for the Chiefs/Colts game. The good: The hotel was very clean and the staff was and friendly. The room was great and priced great for a game day event so close to the stadium. I did not visit the water park. The bad: There is no free breakfast and the restaurant does not open early. There is no coffee in the lobby and the coffee in the room tastes like hot water ran through a dirty gym sock. There are no restaurants nearby and there was a travel advisory when I was there. The restaurant in the hotel advertised fall of the bone ribs. They were overcooked and gnaw off the bone. The ugly: Day 2 I had a steak and ceasars salad for dinner. My steak was cooked perfectly but my associate had to send his back for being underdone. The ceasars salad dressing had gone bad so I sent my salad back and exchanged it for 1 with thousand Island but I was too late and ended up getting sick. Also see reviews for arrowhead stadium and Jack's Stack restaurant.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice just don't eat there.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Corey P, Guest Relations Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Charles M,

Let me please apologize for the experience you had in our hotel restaurant. We take pride in our service and the products we supply. The concerns you have mentioned are certianly far from what we value or expect our guests to experience. Please know that we take all our guest reviews very seriously and will be following up on all of these concerns. Please let me apologize once again. I hope you would consider giving us another chance to see what kind of results your valuable feedback can bring.

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed here on a family get away weekend with 2 adults and 2 kids. The hotel is nice, up to date but the waterpark is worth every penny. I have been to the Coco Key in Omaha and it cannot hold a candle to the one in KC. While the set up is very much the same, the one in Omaha seems run down compared to this one. The lifeguards are the most attentive I have seen at any pool or waterpark, anywhere that I have been. They are mostly teenagers but were actually paying attention to the pool and the kids. They did minimal interaction with each other and the guests and only got involved when kids were being out of control. We checked in on Friday and shared the waterpark with maybe 20 other people the whole night. Saturday was busier but still easy to move around without lines for the waterslides or anything. The hotel staff was very nice. The room was clean and we enjoyed our stay. My only complaint was that we went when it was super cold outside and the interior of the windows iced over to the point we couldnt see out. I think that made the room chilly and the heat had a harder time keeping up but we were fine wearing a hoodie while in the room. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed on one of the top floors and enjoyed it. We never had to wait for the elevator and we slep...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Corey P, Guest Relations Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear sarabada,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. Please let me apologize for the air in your room and needing to wear a hoodie during your stay. That is certainly not what we want our guests to have to do. We are so glad to see though that you and your family were able to have such a great time despite the cold weather. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope you come back to stay with us again soon!

Until you next visit,

Independence, Missouri
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We are locals that planned a sleep over birthday weekend at HIE KC Stadium & CoCo Key Water Resort. In total we had 1 adult & 4 girls (ages 7-12) and party guests.

Planning the details was the painful part. Upon talking to at least 8 employees during the process, no two were on the same page! A lot of he said, but she said. Annoying to say the least! At the end of the day it all worked out.

Pricey establishment for what you get! They have slipped a bit. A year ago you could purchase a hard plastic cup and pay a min.fee for a refill, they used to sell bottled soda in the water park- no more. The "Party Room" for $50/hr was a joke! The kids do eat for free- 2 kids menu entrée/adult entrée purchase which is worth it for the convenience, atmosphere, and quality of food.

We had no issues with cleanliness, nice details with the towels, and LOVED the fact that there were towels EVERYWHERE! With 4 girls, a water park, additional hotel pool, and hot tub- exra towels = PRICELESS!

I must give Thank You(s) to the waterpark check-in and concessions staff for their professionalism and our waitress we had for dinner at Casey's (Bridgett)- she was very attentive to all of our needs, kind, and exceptionally professional! Thank You Thank You!!

• Stayed December 2013
Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This was a first rate hotel experience for me. I have traveled 10 months out of the year 2013 and can say that Holiday Inn Coco Key has been the best out of every other hotel, the experience here has me wanting to bring my wife and family here for a long weekend get away and I wouldn't even have to leave the hotel, that enjoyable. Would like to thank all the staff members who made my stay the best I have had this year, The girls who greeted me by my first name ever time I came in, which made me always feel welcomed, Angel F., Kandice, Ellysia and Cheyene. also all the workers in the restaurant who were always friendly and great at making me feel welcome and giving me some one to talk to and pass the nights along while away from my family, Amber, Tessie and also Darryl. Lastly De'ja and Misha for their courtesy and smiles. Thank You all very much

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Corey P, Guest Relations Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear mike k,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We greatly hope that it is this kind of feeling and service that we are consistently giving to all our valued guests. It brings us great joy to know that our family could make you feel so comfortable when you are so far away from yours. Please bring your family for that long weekend. We look forward to being able to have you all stay with us!

Looking forward to it,

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Thee hotel was fine definitely above average. Our favorite part of the stay was meeting Candice Dunlap, the evening and night desk clerk. The best and most personable young lady I've met in a long time. Very good at her job and and a joy to communicate with when we checked in. We looked forward to seeing her when we returned at the end of our day of meetings!! Great employee!!

• Stayed December 2013
Corey P, Guest Relations Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear Carlasue 19,

We greatly appreciate the review and all the nice comments about Candice. We would certainly agree that she is great and a joy to have as a member of our staff. We are so happy to read that she was able to make your stay such an enjoyable one. We look forward to that next visit. Candice and the rest of our wonderful staff look forward to greeting you with a smile!

Until then,

Reviewed December 2, 2013

This hotel was very frustrating. No sleep to be had here. Very thin walls. We could hear the guests in the rooms next to us do everything from talking on the phone to using the bathroom. We could hear them yawning & coughing. The elevator ding was like an alarm clock going off every 5 minutes. There really needs to be a designated smoking area AWAY from the entryway. Every time we came in or out if the hotel we had to walk through a fog of smoke. Overall it was very frustrating!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank kell_c_j
Dear kell_c_j,

Thank you so much for your review. We are so sorry that your stay with us was not a relaxing one. We very much appreciate your feedback. I do apologize for the fog of smoke you had to go through when entering the hotel. Also, I completely agree that hearing every sound from the room next door and from the elevator would be very frustrating. We are again so sorry that you were not able to get a comfortable night sleep during your stay. Please know that all of your concerns have been brought to the appropriate parties. They will be discussed and an appropriate resolve found.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel about 2 weeks ago ... my stay was very great everyone was great from my room service to the restaurant , the front desk agent kandice was very helpful!!! She looked up about 4 numbers for me on the computer and even called a few numbers for me. She was very helpful though my while week stay. She even assisted me when I couldn't find a plug behind the wall for. I was very shocked she came from behind the desk.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Corey P, Guest Relations Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Robberr,

We so appreciate the wonderful review. Thank you so much for letting us know about the wonderful service Kandice gave you during your stay. This is the level of service we take pride in at our property. It is always our goal to make every guest experience just a personal and wonderful. We can't wait to have you come back and stay with us again so that we can give you this experience all over again.

Until then,

Best Western Truman Inn
Best Western Truman Inn
#5 of 18 in Independence
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel

Been to Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!