“On i70”

Ranked #76 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Sioux Falls
“On i70”
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

We found this place on Priceline for only $49. It is conveniently located on i70 which was on our way from Memphis to South Dakota. The room was very clean and spacious. Flat screen tv hbo very nice beds and sheet set. I'm purchasing those sheets and comforter for my bed at home today!

• Stayed March 2013
Victoria D, Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments with us on Trip Advisor. I must agree I do love our sheets and comforters too as they are so soft and fluffy! Hopefully you will have another opportunity to stay with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
platte city
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I would like to say that myself and my 2 7yr old and a 3 yr old grandsons had a wonderful time.My room was clean and very nice.I would like to mention it was crowded but during spring break and it being cold expected as much. stayed here once before when it was not .The price for dining was really reasonable nice when your kids can eat for free at the buffet.The only reason I didn't guve it a five no ice machine on my floor.I would also say if you have older children from 9 & up try great wolfs lodge only because they have a few larger slides otherwise excellent place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. You are correct Spring Break was very busy here which is to be expected. Our "kids eat free" is an added plus. I do apologize about not having an ice machine on your floor. Again, thanks for staying with us and hopefully you will bring the kids back soon!
Des Moines
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I live in Iowa and took my children to Oklahoma City over spring break so that we could enjoy a little warmer weather. Just in case the trip was not that great I booked a stay at the CoCo Key Holiday Inn Resort in Kansas City to break up the drive home and top of my childrens fun spring break as water parks are always a great get away, right? Not so much. I was not crazy about paying $210 for a one night stay in a hotel but I did and sure feel that I have wasted my money. Due to weather it took us a little longer than expected to get to Kansas City so by the time we got to the hotel it was after 5P.M. We drove around the parking lot for nearly 30 minutes before we could even find a parking spot within reasonable walking distance from the front doors. I waited over 30 minutes to get checked in so by the time we got to the pool my children had less than 2 hours to enjoy the water park. To save time we ordered food at the Gator Lounge in the pool area and it took us over 30 minutes to get pizza and when I went back up to get beverages another 10 as they only had 3 people working. It was clearly over booked and understaffed everywhere. We were going to let the kids swim a little in the morning before leaving but the pool did not open until 10 and check out is 11. I was going to check out and then come back in but after waiting for an elevator for 30 minutes and then giving up and taking the stairs from the 6th floor to the lobby with all of my luggage I just wanted to get out of the nightmare. I am an expecting mother and after waiting for 30 minutes for an elevator and feeling dizzy and sick I was needing to get something to eat so was going to go to breakfast but the entire dining area and waiting area was over filled with people waiting and said they had been waiting for over an hour. Just an overall bad experience and I would never recommend to anyone:( Too make matters worse the beds were awful and so I had to drive us home after a terrible night of sleep.

Carrie May from Iowa

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. I do apologize that you experience was not an enjoyable one. However Spring Break here was crazy busy. We were sold out every day with kids running around having a great time. This is our busiest time of year here after a long winter of kids being couped up parents want to do a quick get a way for the kids. I would recommend visiting us again during our non peak season as it is a completely different experience, much more relaxed. Thanks again for staying with us!
Iowa City
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The staff was great and did what they could. I give them credit. Obviously the owners don't support their workers to the degree necessary. That said, I read these reviews and went anyway. I thought people were just being nitpicky and petty. I would not go back. Please note that we were there over spring break, so this could be a factor. The water park is incredibly crowded. I could not figure out how that place was NOT violating fire code, or how they manage to maintain safety in that zoo. This was the main reason we went there. We normally go to the Wisconsin Dells but were looking for something different in a different city. I liked the idea of an indoor/outdoor hot tub but the outdoor section was closed off the whole time, allegedly due to 'snow.' When it's snowing, this is the prime time to be in a outdoor hot tub. It may have been crowded because it was spring break time for many people, but then they should have closed the water park off to the general public, if so many hotel patrons had booked rooms with water park access. It seemed like this was the only indoor water park for several states around, considering the crowding. It was also much smaller than I imagined. I have a hard time believing CoCo Key is actually 55,000 square feet. That must include all of the seating and bar area. By the way, the bar needs more than one bartender....

The beds were HORRIBLE. They were just hard, not even stiff. It was like sleeping on a box spring. The service was not good - we asked for housekeeping to come three times on our second day there; they managed to open the door and throw four towels on the bed while we were out, but that was it. No beds were made, no garbage was removed. The restaurant was good - decent food and very good service. Slow elevators (only 3 of them), freezing and windy in the lobby, bad setup at the check-in desk, the regular pool and hot tub area (outside of the water park) was windowless and dingy - felt like it was on the bottom level of a ship. I am sorry to say this but don't do it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Victoria D, Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments with us on Trip Advisor. I see that you stayed with us during our peak time of year. We had kids everywhere having a great time here after being couped up all winter long. Seeing their smiling faces makes it all worth wild. Maybe next time you might want visit us on a non peak time. Thank you again for staying with us!

Travelers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

Reviewed March 22, 2013

30 minute wait to check in. Only had one of our two rooms ready. Went to water park and they had no towels available, had to go back to towel booth twice before they finally had some. Went to dinner in hotel restaurant, after 15 minutes had to ask to be served as no one had greeted us or took drink orders. Finally ordered and received food which was burnt and tasteless. Waitress kept saying she forgot about us. Went to room after dinner to discover paper thin walls ,can hear people above us as if they were in the same room, can hear every word of their conversation. Called housekeeping to get an extra blanket, they said they would be right up, two hours later, no blanket. When actually talking to staff, very polite and nice but service is absolutely horrible. Water park extremely crowded with a lot of small children. Long waits for elevators. Will never stay here again and losing faith in Holiday Inns.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I do apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I see that you stayed during our busiest time of year and it was crazy busy with kids everywhere. Hopefully you can visit us again during a non peak time of year.
Fort Smith, Arkansas
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I booked this hotel without having read trip advisor. BIG MISTAKE our trip started well but then we arrived at the hotel. When you pull up everyone is standing at the front doors smoking so after walking through the cloud of smoke to the front doors you stand in a lobby that smells like smoke. The girl who checked me in was very nice but the process was very slow. They did not have kids club bags ready to go so you sat there while the poor girl had to go make them and bring them back. it took about 15 mins to check in and they had two people working so the line was quite a wait even if you had 2 people in front of you. Then once you get through that you have to go back to through the cloud of smoke to unload your car. My husband sat in the lobby for 25 minutes while trying to get an elevator he could push the luggage rack on to get up to the room. They should have one elevator just for luggage carts at least from 4 to 7 while people are arriving. Then once we got to our room it was so hot you were sweating just sitting there. We got our stuff and took off down to the water park only to be disappointed. It is nothing like we thought this water park should be for kids 12 and under. It is a park play ground with water shooting out of it and a few small slides. the big slides was only 2 of them and you stood in line so long you were dry by the time you got to go down it again. The lazy rive should be called the rapid river it is moving way to fast and the rules about tubes went right out the door. kids were hitting and kicking and shoving you and there were not enough tubes for half the people so they just climbed in with out them. I was pushed down and my leg was scraped on the bottom which was rough my daughter was sucked in over where the water slides come out at the lazy river and if I had not been there to grab her it could have been big trouble. When we were leaving I said something to the manager but he acted like it was no big deal. then we wanted to use our pizza voucher and watch a movie up in the room but when we called down to order it we were informed that they decided to close early to clean and we couldn't. so the hotel tried to fix it by cooking pizza in there café. Boy was that a mistake the sauce smelt spoilt and the pizza was nasty so we ended up trashing it and sitting at the bar and ordering new food that we had to pay for. the bar tender however she was amazing I wish I could remember her name she took care of us and treated us great. That night we slept good tired from the long trip but when we woke up in the morning it was still so hot. My husband kicked on the ac and turned it all the way down before we left to go eat breakfast and head downtown. That afternoon when we came back it was still hot. we called down and the called someone to fix it. We took the kids down to the arcade and then my husband took them to the water park while I was going back to the room to prepare for showers and dinner and other activities. But by the time I got back up to the room our dog had gotten sick on the bed due to the room being so hot. I called down for new bedding but they sent the girl up with the wrong size sheets and didn't have any blankets left to put in the rooms. in the end I had to take the dog out to cool off. get keys to move to a new room. keep up with the dog and move all of our stuff down the hall they didn't even offer me help when they knew my family was down at the water park cause I had to walk down there and tell them we were moving rooms due to the fact they have no way of calling down there to get anyone. By the time I got that done my husband comes up with my daughter barely able to walk. Turns out a 15 year old boy has come down a slide that is for little kids right behind my 8 year old and slams into her back making her feet slam into the slide. again when my husband said something to the water park staff they acted like it was no big deal. I had to go down to the desk and make them fill out an incident report on it and the most we got out of that was a sorry. big kids do not belong on this with the little kids it is not safe and they are not watching things well enough. due to this we had to cancel our plans for that night and stay at the hotel due to the fact we didn't want out daughter walking around on a foot that was swollen and bruised so again we got stuck eating at he café at the hotel. I can say the waitress was great and did a fantastic job and when she learned of our troubles that day she went and got the manage of the café and the gave us free desert which was nice just to see that someone around the hotel did care because everyone else had just ignored our issues. The next morning my 11 year old gets in the shower so we can go eat and get ready to leave and falls hitting her shoulder on the tub. again when I tell the front desk the act like it was no big deal and didn't care at all. Then when it was time to leave they had four carts so we sat in the lobby for an hour waiting to get a cart to bring our luggage down. and since we travel with a dog we also travel with a large dog kennel so we need a cart. When I went to speak to the manage about all of the problems we had she pretty much told me sorry and all I can do is sign me up for there club and give me points to stay at another one of there hotels or a free night stay there. Now why would I want to come back here this place is awful and I don't want to be on there membership so they can fill up my email with all of there junk and call a harass me with sale calls. So I call corporate and the lady at corporate decides to tell me all of my problems were not good enough problems to do anything for me. we will never stay here again and I would not recommend anyone I care about to say here either.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay here with us. You were here during our peak time of year which is Spring Break and everyone wants to have a bit of summer fun after being couped up for the winter months so yes it was extremely busy here. I would recommend coming during our non peak times.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I travel often have never seen a staff, particularly Jeanette and Corey at Casey's restaurant who worked so hard to make a great experience for the guests.

These people really love their job and are proud of it. Our 4 kids had a blast, great deals for a family weekend.

Perspective: we went to Great Wolf once and never returned. this is our fourth straight year staying at Coco Key.

100% Guaranteed great time and the difference really is the people working there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. It is great to hear that you had such an enjoyable time here. I will share your comments with the restaurant manager so that he can share it with the employees. Please come back and visit us again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Best Western Truman Inn
Best Western Truman Inn
#5 of 18 in Independence
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel

Been to Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!