“Good service but sushi rolls are not good enough”

Domo Japanese Bar & Grill
Ranked #399 of 1,433 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

It may be a good place for Kansas City but if you are into sushi this place is going to be dissapointed. Service was great and fast but I was the only one in the place.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Nothing bad to say about this place, I find myself here montly. Table service was sketchy on my first visit, so I now sit at the sushi bar. Yoshi is great at what he does and the dishes reflect this. The Domo special for two comes with several peices of sushi, a tuna roll, soup, and salad. Perfect place for any sushi lover, so glad it is in my neck of the woods.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Plain and simple, the green curry chicken is a MUST!

We ventured to Brookside with the intent of having some wine and pizza, however, upon arriving decided sushi sounded good and opted to veer off course and try something new in Domo. From the start, the staff was exceedingly friendly and offered great guidance on the menu. After starting with two pieces of the daily special yellow tail sashimi, we decided to give the green curry chicken dish a try after our waitress said it was the favorite of many regulars. If there is such a thing as Japanese comfort food, this is it! I am not exactly sure how to describe the flavor, other than delicious - a perfect balance of coconut and curry spices, with fresh vegetables and wonderfully moist chicken.

Our only regret regarding our choice to try Domo was that we had not given it a chance sooner - we will be back and be back soon!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Third visit today. There is always some hiccups with service. Though food is above average. I really want to like this place, but they keep making it hard.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

This is my second or third visit to this little gem on my last couple of trips to KC. It's located in Brookside, an area not far from the University and the Plaza. It's a great little spot without the crowds of summertime in KC one typically finds on the Plaza.

I arrived earlier than my friends and found ample street parking nearby. I was instantly greeted and the bartender made me my new favorite summer drink, the Green Tea-something. I can't remember the name, but it had Stoli blueberry vodka, some kind of green tea liqueur, a bit of sweet and sour and something else in there--it was refreshing and tasty. I could have easily schlucked down a couple but I controlled myself and only had one. ;-D

Everyone ordered various sushi, rolls, and sashimi--all of it was fresh, tasty, and good sized pieces and portions. The presentation could easily be improved by some new plates and dinnerware, but who cares about how shi-shi a place is when it tastes great?

Our waitress was also our bartender, who was on top of it for the place being as busy as it was. She was very pleasant, and was quick to refill drinks, clear plates, and to flash a smile.

Definitely a good place to eat!