“Great Lunch”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Springdale, Arkansas
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Stopped to eat here after being told it was where the locals eat. Neat buildings that have been converted into a restaurant. The servers were very helpful and took a lot of time with us to ensure we got what we wanted. The reuben sandwich was very good, the cazone that my wife had was huge and the kids. Well they simply ate and did not talk during their dowing of a large pizza!! Great food, service and the servers were all very attentive. Would encourange anyone who visits KC to venture to this location to enjoy where the locals eat. Finally they do have a very nice selection of beers!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank hog46man

Prairie Village, Kansas
“Meh...”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

This was my first visit to Grinders and I must admit that I was somewhat disappointed. The service was great, our server was attentive and polite. My meatball grinder was average, though. An afternoon of TUMS popping.
As well, the overall noise level was too high to have any kind of conversation.

I will try again in the future but for now it will remain an average 3 stars.

Fulton, Missouri
“Tasty Crust, Awful Noise”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

My husband saw Grinders featured on a TV show and wanted to try "chili-bombing" a pizza. We read a lot of reviews about their Philly Cheesesteak. We were in Kansas City for a Better Than Ezra concert, so we decided to try Grinders before heading over to the concert venue. We did what some other TripAdvisor reviewers suggested and got a chili-bombed Philly Cheesesteak pizza.

My husband was a big fan of the chili and tater tots in the center of the pizza. I thought the pizza could have stood alone. The crust was thin-ish, crisp, and airy. There was a chewy piece of fat on one of my slices, which is never pleasant to bite into, but other than that, the pizza was zesty and crisp.

The restaurant's decor was eclectic and interesting, a hodge-podge of stickers, art, and giant chalkboards boasting food and drink specials. As my husband and I ate our meal, we constantly heard extremely obnoxious clanging and banging coming from the kitchen area. It would stop for a while, then start up again. We finally determined that it was a cook chopping up meat or something on the flattop grill. My husband is a very tolerant man, but by the end of our meal, even he was looking around for our server, because we were both starting to get headaches.

Our suggestion for future diners would be to order carryout or dine outside. That being said, our server was very attentive, and our food arrived in a timely fashion. If not for the raucous spatula clanging, it would have been a fun dining experience!

• Visited July 2014
Overland Park, Kansas
“Wonderful Cheesesteak!”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

One of the best in the city. They were preparing for a concert the night we were there, so they were only offering a partial menu. That was disappointing. Service was great and food was great!

• Visited June 2014
Kansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun place”
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in as a result of the place coming up on my maps search. What a great find. Staff was attentive and worked as a team to make sure we were well taken care of. The food was very good-we all had cheesesteaks.

Visited July 2014