“Fantastic Again.”
Review of Michael Smith

Michael Smith
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael Smith is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #161 of 1,469 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 19th
Transit: Just outside on Main.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Best Happy Hour in town during nice weather. Reasonable booze prices and fantastic happy hour menu that changes on a regular basis. Service is consistent.

Never have had a bad thing to say about the experience.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Ecellent evening, everything we ordered was excellent! Everything was very flavorfull and cooked to perfection.
My halibut was like eating three layers of greatness. Top was nice golden crest , then moist tender middle to full flavor bottom.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Travelzoo offered a 1/2 price coupon for their 4-course meal with wine pairing, so I surprised my wife for our anniversary.
We had a 6:00 reservation, but happened to be finished with some shopping and stopped in at 5:00. They had just opened and let us in, and we had the entire place to ourselves for the entire meal.
Everything was perfect! We both agreed it was the best meal we had ever had, and our waiter described every dish and wine in great detail.
I'm buying another coupon before they are gone, and telling others.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This was highly rated, and as a vegetarian I saw that there were many interesting menu choices. It was expensive, but frankly worth it. Very elegant atmosphere, yet totally relaxed and casual service. Though professional. My 13 yr. old son is a 'foodie' so we took him here because he was at his national competition. He had no shirt and was waiting for one to arrive with a friend. He changed and the waiter (very professional, but friendly) said ' Nice Superman moves, dude!'. I loved this place, but save up!
Amazing food.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Michael Smith, and the chef the restaurant is named after, offered up a fantastic evening for my wife and I. We splurged with wine and the 4-course dinner, which allows you smaller portions from the main dining list and not just a prix fixe menu. Our waitress was confident, knowledgeable, and offered opinions when asked, but not pretentious. She was actually gracious with an extra couple of glasses of wine when the 2nd entrees took a bit longer than expected. Chef Smith also came out to check on the dishes he had prepared and to ensure that everything was up to par. While the price is certainly steep, the food and the experience justifies the splurge. We won't hesitate to be back the next time we've got a little cash to burn.